PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mantle K55 bat on eBay - be careful!!!

ghostkid
04-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Just a word of caution about ebay item #7233476482 for a Mickey Mantle Louisville Slugger bat currently listed on eBay with K55 on the knob. Look closely at the picture of the knob - I think I see inch marks stamped to the left of the K in K55. I know the seller has not listed this as a Mantle pro model bat, but I thought I'd point this out so nobody bids on the bat thinking they are getting a Mickey Mantle game used bat.

On a related note, this seller also had a Roger Maris 016 model Louisville Slugger listed on eBay (#7233482921), but it seems that he ended the auction early just a few hours ago. I have been tracking this bat closely because I sent this seller (Lin Griffin, ebay ID: tim_455qfk) a money order on 2/22/06 for a 36 inch Roger Maris bat with 016 stamped on the knob. Making a long story short, the seller had a change of mind and decided to ship me a cheap 1965-68 store model Maris bat with 4 stamped on the knob instead of the 016 bat we had agreed on. Natutrally, I immediately contacted Mr. Griffin to explain that the bat I received was not the one I paid for and that I was not interested in the bat he shipped to me. At this time, Mr. Griffin stopped replying to my emails. I tried several more times to work this out, emailing almost daily for the first week, and eventually Mr. Griffin did reply and hinted that he thought the 016 bat might be a Maris gamer and that he thought the bat was worth much more than the agreed upon price. Assuming the bat he just listed on eBay is the bat I was supposed to get, the bat is not a Maris gamer and the agreed upon price was, if anything, too high (not too low). Mr. Griffin also told me that I should go away and stop bothering him. I guess he feels its okay to cheat me, because he thinks I was cheating him (I wasn't). Somewhere along this time I offered to return the store bat to Mr. Griffin for a full refund, but he refused to reply to that as well. I then did return the bat as promised, but Mr. Griffin refused delivery of the package. Needless to say, this has been a very frustrating and time-consuming experience. Sure, I'm probably out some $$$...but I still intend to file charges against him with the local police department. It's likely nothing will ever be done because its not big $$$, but at least it will be on file in case he tries this again with someone else. The reason I am posting this information here is that I suggest you use caution when sending money to Lin Griffin of Lynchburg, VA. He regularly posts baseball gloves on eBay, and seems to quite knowledgeable about gloves. It now seems that he might be entering the bat hobby as well, so I'd like to make my bat collecting friends aware of him. Feel free to contact me if you have questions...

Kevin Kasper
kevinkasper@netzero.com

suave1477
04-10-2006, 09:28 PM
ok maybe i am a bit naive on this one is there supposed to be a TRADEMARK ( TM ) stamped on the knob above the K55?

sicollector1954@insightbb.com
04-17-2006, 09:41 PM
What he says is absolutely true!!! Do not by anything from this person. I just received a Rose bat he was selling. He indicated it was a 69-72 S2 game bat. In the photo I looked at--he purposely covered up the fact that it was a California State College bat and also stated the r above powerized was a shadow in the photo. BE advised. Do not buy from this person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish this info had been posted 5 hours earlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! I would still have my money. His ebay user is 455 qkf. I may be pressing charges for fraud. Ghostkid and I will keep you informed as to any updates. Thank you.