PDA

View Full Version : Recent Flea Market Finds

kjjavic
04-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, I love to read about all of your finds from antique shops and card shows etc, so here is one of mine. I went to a flea market this past weekend, and while almost all of the tables had basically all junk, 1 table had several items that I really liked. I bought the following group of items for $27 - and was exstatic to get it at that price. I was really shocked that the seller was asking for like a buck a piece for almost all of the items. Most are sports related, only a couple arent. Here we go:
1. 1937 Wire Photo of Phila A's Jesse Hill in swinging pose (from Phila Inquirer)
2. 1937 Wire Photo of Phila A's Harry Kelley meeting with 2 Olympians Eleanor Jarret - swimmer and Dorothy Hill - diving champion
3. an interesting Wire Photo from 1948 of Johnny Mizes legs in batting stance. The news quote back is discussing how Mize was ahead of Babe Ruth HR record pace and that his stocky legs were one of the reasons for his power
4. 1962 wire photo of White Sox P Joe Horlen warming up in Rain Boots? The news quote on back is in Spanish
5. 1970 Wire Photo of Detroit Lion Larry Hand making a tackle
6. 4 Phillies Wire Photos from the 70's inluding Dave Cash, Wayne Twitchell, Chris Short and Manager Luchessi
7. 1981 Eagles Raiders Superbowl program
8. 1948 Harrisburg Senators Minor League Program/Scorecard
9. 1930's? Postcard of Columbus RedBird Stadium
10. 1920 Baseball Schedule Card for Presbyterian College of South Carolina
11. 1920's Clemson versus Carolina Football Sideline pass
12. 1920's Clemson versus Davidson Football Ticket
13. Small photo of football player from 1920's?
14. Small photo of a man dressed in a sweater with a large C on it - Carlisle, Canton? who knows
15. Small Photo of 2 men playing hockey - one wearing a Drexel U. Sweater - from 40's or 50's
16. 1927 Central High School of Philadelphia periodical about their baseball team and baseball in general - has a neat article written by Lefty Grove about how his high school didn't have a baseball team
17. a similar 1927 CHS periodical about football.

the next 3 are non sports.
18. a huge (almost 4 feet long) panoramic photo of a college in NY with probably about 2000 people in the photo and dating to the late teens early 20's. After some research of the architecture in the photo and the letter sweaters, I identified it as Union College. Now to find if any famous athletes attending Union in the 20's and see if they are sporting their lettered sweater in the photo :)
19. a Lease from 1882 by the Pennsylvania Railroad company to rent out a warehouse to store grain.
20. a Deed from 1865 for 3 building lots in Lansdale PA (for 160 dollars!)

I thought a pretty neat group of ephemera and memoribilia, and a pretty darn good price.

http://www.geocities.com/buddyryanisgod/HarryKellyWirePhotoLOW.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/buddyryanisgod/JesseHillWirePhotoLOW.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/buddyryanisgod/TicketStubSchedulePostcard.jpg

kjjavic
04-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Sorry for those image sizes, I scanned them at the lowest res my scanner allowed.

Here are links to the Mize and Horlen Photos:

http://www.geocities.com/buddyryanisgod/JoeHorlenWirePhotoLOW.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/buddyryanisgod/JohnnyMizeWirePhotoLOW.jpg

slidekellyslide
04-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Not bad at a buck a piece....you can't beat that. Especially the wire photos and the minor league program.

BoneRubbedBat
04-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Can you make out the brand of bat in the Jesse Hill photo? It looks like it might be a Spalding (or Kren) model. It's rare to have photos of players with non-H&B bats. Pretty cool!

Marcus

kjjavic
04-12-2006, 01:51 PM
No, I can't make out the make of the bat. I can't read the bat label, and I am not familiar with the different bat makers enough to tell just by look.

GLOVEHUNTER
05-16-2006, 09:43 AM
I picked up this picture at a flea market over the weekend. The glove on the girls hand is what drew me to it. Ive been trying to make out the artist's name so I could date the picture (I'm guessing late 1890's to early 1900's) The First name appears to be Bernhard but i can't make heads or tails out of the last name. Any help out there from anyone who might recgonize this artist or this particular item would be greatly appreciated. Oh by the way I paid 12.00 for it. Did i get a good deal or not?816

vintagesportscollector
05-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi. I am familiar with this picture although I am not certain of who the artist is. The girl is wearing a Cornell sweater. It's a pretty common picture, although I usually see it as a Cornell postcard. I have a postcard of this picture at home. I think mine dates to 1906 but I will have to check when I get home. I know the same artist also made a similar pictue of the same Cornell girl holding a football. What size is your picture? I am not sure I have seen this in a large format. Nice pick up!

GLOVEHUNTER
05-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the info. At least now I know which college the sweater is for. The picture measures 6" x 12" Any other information anyone else can give me would be appreciated.

LEGEND33
10-14-2006, 05:01 AM
Hello from Italy,
Next week i'll be in New York City for a week.....
do you know flea market where is possible find vintage sports clothing ??

thanks for help !

suave1477
10-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Hello Legend, well I am located in New York City. When you ask for Vintage Sports Clothing what exactly do you mean? Can you be more specific?

Are you looking for Game Used Clothing?
Are you looking for old retail sports clothing?
Are you looking for Used Sports Clothing?

Let me know?
Thank you

cjw
11-05-2006, 07:49 PM
I don't assume that this is a desirable glove, but would still love to know it's approx. collectable value...and also, how to clean it properly?

It is a Rawlings (St. Louis tag) "PMM" "Stan The Man", Autograph model with "The Playmaker" and "Hinged Pad".

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

cjw
11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Sorry..mean't to type that I assume that this ISN'T a desirable glove....but still would like your feedback...thanks!

cjw
11-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi...also found this today. Couldn't find a similar ball on line. Is this a late 1960's ball? San Diego Chargers? Many autographs, but each one is quite faded.

Any feedback on the team...and collector's value would be appreciated...thanks!

mjkm90
11-07-2006, 09:19 PM
It is a nice glove. Heavy leather piping, solid bold patch. Clean it up and it's a $75-$100 glove:)

cjw
11-09-2006, 09:19 AM
I would love to know more about this Keith Lincoln Spalding ball. Thanks!

Eric
12-02-2006, 11:19 PM
It's very very hard to make out any of the names. Can you email me anything that looks legible on the ball? I'm at ecky3@aol.com
Eric

both-teams-played-hard
05-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Game Used, cards, photos or publications on the second hand market? Anywhere besides eBay. I've seen eBay listings where sellers say they have found some true relics!

Dewey2007
05-24-2008, 05:53 PM
This doesn't count as necessarily a yard sale but when I was a kid I got my 1930's Hayashi Florist and 1937 Kono All-Star Japanese American flannel jerseys when my neighbor was cleaning out her garage. She said I could have whatever I found in there. Also found some old 1957 Topps and a store model Ben Chapman bat.

sarahsdad
05-24-2008, 07:24 PM
I picked up Jorge Posada's game used Yankees helmet at a pawn shop in Miami in October. Incredibly coated with pine tar, still sticky and wet. #20 number on the brim, size 7.5. I have not tried to photo match it because I suck at stuff like that. Don't really have the eye for it. I asked the pawn shop guy about it and he said someone came in with a bunch of Yankee stuff during the summer and all of it had sold but the Posada helmet. I don;t usually have that kind of luck but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.
Sarahsdad

GoTigers
05-24-2008, 08:08 PM
My best find was what introduced me the hobby.. a Hack Wilson game used bat.. I found it in a small trash at an antique mall, along with some other store model bats. They were asking $60, but I talked them down to $50 because of the cracked handle. I had no idea that it was anything other than an interesting old bat, and had no idea of the value, or I would have gladly paid the asking price. Since then, I have found an old Dazzy Vance glove at an antique store (it is apparently a nice find to glove collectors) I sold it for bat money. I have also found some "common" GU bats at flea markets.

Vintagedeputy
05-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Got a nice 1977 LS Tom Underwood (Phillies) game used bat at an antique store for $15. Number 34 on the knob, great bat. I wrote to Underwood and sent him pics and he said that it was his bat. I have never seen another legitimate Underwood bat offered for sale.

When I was a kid, I bought a mint 1957 Topps Yankee Power Hitters card (Mantle/Berra) and a 1957 Topps Al Ciccotte (Yanks) card for $5.

A few years ago, at an antique store, I picked up about 15 1955 Dairy Queen Big League stars statues (including Mantle, Pee Wee, Campy, etc) for .25 each. Mantle sells for $200+. Also got a beautiful 1940's-50's figurine of the Cuban baseball mascot for the Habana Leones for $2 (The H one in the photo below)

http://www.cubanball.com/Images/Collect/Ceramic/Statues.jpg

David
05-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Not me, but I know of a local elderly man who worked at Goodwill and he got a 1920s autograph book signed by Babe Ruth, Jim Thrope, Jimmie Foxx and many others. After he died, his daughter consigned it to Mastro and it sold for $7,000+.

David
05-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Also, I know a guy who owns a little used book store about two blocks away from my home. He came to work one morning and some had dropped off a box of books at his door (not unusual). One of the books was a first edition 'Grapefruit' book signed by John Lennon and Yoko Ono. He sent the book to PSA/DNA and the signatures were genuine. He has no idea who dropped off the books.

Lokee
05-25-2008, 12:30 AM
I have found a couple items living in the seattle area. We used to have a swap meat called MIDWAY unfortunately the propert was bought and Lowes moved in HOWEVER....I managed to find a game used Dave Cochrane that I sold on ebay and it found it's way into the hands of MEARS (http://www.mearsonline.com/forsale/item/?id=2640) I think I got about 125.00 for it. I have also found a game used Jamie Moyer 2000 Seattle Mariners home jersey (still in my collection today) a Cortez Kennedy game used seahawks home jersey (still in my collection) and a bunch of common items like signed baseballs, cards and posters.

05-25-2008, 06:57 AM
At a neighborhood garage sale in the Los Angeles area in the 1970's, I found a very unusual collectible. A charity with Hollywood and sports connections had asked for donations from celebrities for an auction at a fundraiser event they were going to have. One of the items that did not make the cut for the auction that was instead for sale at their garage sale was a Bill Shoemaker jockey riding silk jacket that had a stain on it. I happily relieved them of this item for $2.00. Although not a horse racing fan, I wish I had kept this item.

Tom Duino

cohibasmoker
05-25-2008, 07:09 AM
My Johnny Pesky came from a Goodwin Industries Store in the New England area. Originally, it was mixed in with a bag of old clothes that were dropped into one of their used clothing bins.

Jim

skyking26
05-25-2008, 09:06 AM
At a neighborhood garage sale in the Los Angeles area in the 1970's, I found a very unusual collectible. A charity with Hollywood and sports connections had asked for donations from celebrities for an auction at a fundraiser event they were going to have. One of the items that did not make the cut for the auction that was instead for sale at their garage sale was a Bill Shoemaker jockey riding silk jacket that had a stain on it. I happily relieved them of this item for $2.00. Although not a horse racing fan, I wish I had kept this item.

Tom Duino
Hi Tom: Noted your handle and the fact we communicated years ago about Dave Kingman and a mutual interest. Shoot me an email if you would skyking442@hotmail.com. Thanks - Bob

Lokee
05-25-2008, 12:01 PM
My Johnny Pesky came from a Goodwin Industries Store in the New England area. Originally, it was mixed in with a bag of old clothes that were dropped into one of their used clothing bins.

Jim

Jim that is a sweet find !

GSUTim47
05-27-2008, 04:28 PM
I found the following autographs at an antique store in Georgia a few years back; the store owner purchased many items in an estate sale from a man who lived in Cooperstown, NY as a young boy....and these autographs came from the 1939 HOF induction ceremony!?:D

tigerdale
05-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I found in an old box of publications, a few lineup cards, which cought my eye, since that is one of my items I collect. The dealer told me he lived by an old umpire & used to get items from him. I got the game 7 st. louis cardinals lineup card that the home plate umpire held when they won the 1982 world series....still hard for me to believe it to this day...for a couple dollars!!!He had no idea what games or temas he had in that box. I can post a photo if anyone wishes.

kj33706
05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
fyi this was a great thread to start i am enjoying reading these thanks

SkubeBats
05-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I live in Wisconsin and go to several flea market shows a year. I have found several nice game used bats at these flea markets. I found game used bats of Llyod Waner, George L. Kelly, Yogi Berra, Ernie Banks, Ed Mathews, and Mickey Mantle. The most I spent on any of these bats was $25.00 and the least I spent was $1.50 so you never know what you might find when you go to a show like this. You wont find them if you don't get out and look for them. GOOD LUCK!!
Thanks,:)
Jamie Schultz
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

P.S. I'm always looking for game used bats of the Milwaukee Braves and Brewers.

harpt
05-28-2008, 09:03 PM
I found in an old box of publications, a few lineup cards, which cought my eye, since that is one of my items I collect. The dealer told me he lived by an old umpire & used to get items from him. I got the game 7 st. louis cardinals lineup card that the home plate umpire held when they won the 1982 world series....still hard for me to believe it to this day...for a couple dollars!!!He had no idea what games or temas he had in that box. I can post a photo if anyone wishes.

Yes, I would love to see photos of that card...thanks

tigerdale
05-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Yes, I would love to see photos of that card...thanks
here ya go.....sorry if its a little blurry....I haven't mastered a camera yet!!

richpick
05-31-2008, 01:57 PM
I attend a flea market near my house and in a pile of stuff thrown out on the ground was a 1982 Keith Hernandez Game Worn Jersey. I bought it for $10. I do not believe I will ever find something like this again but I keep looking.

Richpick

both-teams-played-hard
12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Feel free to "not" mention the location, because I know true "pickers" don't want to spoil hotspots!

cjw
12-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Second hand clothing stores are where I get neatrly 90% of my stuff, and I have had some nice finds over the years...nothing earth-shattering, but have found a Norm Bulaich, Colts, '70's durene; a Byron Scott, game used, Tiernan-made, Lakers warm up jacket; a bunch of 1970's Oakland A's spring training jerseys and perhaps the one item I might label as the one that got a way - a possible game used Staubach Cowboys jersey, that was screen printed and tagged an XL. I found it in my early hobby days and assumed it was a replica, listed it on Ebay without proper research and took a $500 offer, after it had closed at $20 with no bids. Oh wel..I have learned, and will keep looking.

Great thread!

Kong's Landing
12-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Garage Sale

The best thing I ever found was a Dave Kingman T-Shirt from his August 1980
"Dave Kingman Day" at Wrigley field. 15,000 kids were issued T-shirts, but I was just ecstatic to find one even if it had stains on it. Even though I have new ones since then, at the time it was awesome and for a whopping 50 cents you can's go wrong with that.
I just wonder how many exist today?????

Erik Bakalar

cjw
12-08-2008, 06:48 PM
"I have found a couple items living in the seattle area. We used to have a swap meat called MIDWAY unfortunately the propert was bought and Lowes moved in HOWEVER....I managed to find a game used Dave Cochrane that I sold on ebay and it found it's way into the hands of MEARS (http://www.mearsonline.com/forsale/item/?id=2640) I think I got about 125.00 for it."

Interesting that you found the Cochrane, Mariners (one game style) jersey at the swap meet and Mears claims it has an "A7.5 grade based on documentable team purchase sourcing". I would like to see what they call team purchase sourcing?

Lokee
12-08-2008, 07:59 PM
I still have the pics on my CPU somewhere but it was 9.99 at a Value Village. I will keep looking for the pics and up them when found.

both-teams-played-hard
11-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Any recent finds?

intheminors
11-27-2009, 01:07 PM
It's not a recent find but when I lived in Colorado, I wrote a story for the Flagler News about Don Matson, who used to own a semi-pro baseball team called the Arvada Dons. The article was really a last ditch attempt to get him into the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame.

He took me out to his garage and showed me some of his artifacts.

After the story came out, he called me back up to his house and told me I could have any of the stuff I wanted. I was not a collector at the time so I took a few jerseys. He had a trunk full of stuff though and I wish I'd grabbed it all.

xpress34
11-27-2009, 02:36 PM
GREAT THREAD!!!

I have been blessed on a few occasions to be in the right spot at the right time...

Back around 1993/94 when I was at Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs, they use to have a Flea Market every weekend just outside the base gates on Hwy 24.

One weekend, I found an old Kren's Special with FRISC in block letters on the barrel. The bat was in bad shape and I talked the guy down fro $5 to $3 and took it home. About a month later, I came across a book - Frankie Frisch; The Fordham Flash - which had a GREAT pic of Frisch in his batting pose... you could clearly see the Kren's Logo and the Block lettering in the pic. During my divorce from the 1st wife, I sold the bat for about $3,000 to a local collector. He says if I had ANY provenance of GU, he would have paid 10x as much... still, not a bad profit on a $3 investment!

Since then, I have found a few... at Tanque Verde Swap Meet in Tucson, AZ - the weekend my father passed - my mother had made us all go out to do something to get our minds off it... in one shop I found this for $2:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Balls/1927OALBall1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Balls/1927OALBall2.jpg

1927 Official American League Ball - Ban Johnson's name in BLUE on Panel (all the others I've seen have his name in RED) - and partial sigs that wore away with the shellack. I've watched 4 others in this shape or worse SELL on eBay for over $600 each... YES, it's still in the collection...

It got topped 2 years ago at the 'Super Duper' Garage Sale in Longmont, CO where I had set up a both to move some things... I was perusing the other sellers when I spotted 2 baseballs - both marked $8. I asked the seller and she said the price marked was the price... one was Bobby Brown OAL signed y Nolan Ryan (I gifted it to a friend), but the other was the REAL Coup... :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Balls/1890sSpaldingSeamlessBall1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Balls/1890sSpaldingSeamlessBall2.jpg

It's an 1890's Spalding 'Seamless' or 'Inside Out Stitched' ball. I had only seen drawings from catalogs before of these etremely rare specimens... in fact, I have seen tons of 'Lemon Peel' balls compared to this. Estimated value is around $2,000 and up... still in the collection as well...

And finally - yes, this WAS an eBay grab - a piece that research uncovered for me...:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Balls/GriffithBall1.jpg

Clark Griffith AU Ball (HOFer)... not on Official Ball, but still beautiful in it's own right... listed as Secretarial Sig for $12.99 opening bid + $12.00 S/H... I checked every Griffith sig I could find - ALL on 3x5 s and postcards and none of the sigs matched the ball (they were ALL PSA/DNA Certified), then I found another PSA/DNA certified piece I KNEW Griffith had to be there to sign - a Player Contract. Sig matches the ball!

I bid and won it - DLVD for around $25.00. Depending on the guide you use, a Griffith AU Ball is valued between $2,000 and $3,800.

- Chris

sox83cubs84
11-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Garage Sale

The best thing I ever found was a Dave Kingman T-Shirt from his August 1980
"Dave Kingman Day" at Wrigley field. 15,000 kids were issued T-shirts, but I was just ecstatic to find one even if it had stains on it. Even though I have new ones since then, at the time it was awesome and for a whopping 50 cents you can's go wrong with that.
I just wonder how many exist today?????

Erik Bakalar

At least one other, Erik. I found one at a yard sale about a mile from the Unfriendly Confines back in the mid-1990s. Three guesses who now has it and the first two don't count.:cool:

Dave M.
Chicago area

sox83cubs84
11-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Both from resale shops:

Jim McMahon Super Bowl era Bears home pro-cut jersey ($1)

Game-used Lansing Lugnuts minor league jersey ($4.95)

Dave M.
Chicago area

godwulf
11-27-2009, 11:21 PM
In another thread on this topic, a while back, I mentioned that I had "rescued" a Brant Brown bat from a local thrift store, for $3.99...not because I needed it for my collection, but just because I couldn't stand to see any major league gamer lying in a bin with old bike helmets and other sports-related junk.

Steve (mskwarek) saw my post, and long story short, the bat was his for four bucks and postage.

A couple of months later, I read that Brown, now with the Rangers organization, is going to be the batting coach for the Surprise Rafters in the Arizona Fall League...so back the bat comes to Arizona for a signature, and then back to rejoin Steve's Cubs collection.

That has to be the most well-travelled $4 bat in the hobby, at this point...although with both Brown's and Ron Santo's sigs on it, it's probably worth a little more. :rolleyes:

sox83cubs84
11-28-2009, 02:04 PM
I forgot this one...an antique shop in the western suburbs of Chicago produced a GW White Sox navy Veeck Era jersey of manager Bob Lemon for $175. I flipped it to a Sox collector for $500.

Dave M.
Chicago area

cjw
11-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Second hand clothing stores are where I get neatrly 90% of my stuff, and I have had some nice finds over the years...nothing earth-shattering, but have found a Norm Bulaich, Colts, '70's durene; a Byron Scott, game used, Tiernan-made, Lakers warm up jacket; a bunch of 1970's Oakland A's spring training jerseys and perhaps the one item I might label as the one that got a way - a possible game used Staubach Cowboys jersey, that was screen printed and tagged an XL. I found it in my early hobby days and assumed it was a replica, listed it on Ebay without proper research and took a $500 offer, after it had closed at $20 with no bids. Oh wel..I have learned, and will keep looking.

Great thread!

Update...the Norm Buliach jersey just sold in GUU's auction for $1,400!

MJB14
11-28-2009, 09:49 PM
My friend was at a tag sale and found a box of old baseball card from the 50's and 60's for $4.00. He almost passed on them because he thought there was probably junk in the box but his wife insisted because she told him it would keep him busy for the weekend and out of her hair. When he got home he found the complete 59 fleer Ted Williams set, 2 1963 topps Pete Rose rookies, the complete 1964 topps coin all star set, 4 different Mickey Mantle cards from 1959 and 1960 and the Roger Masris 1962 topps. Along with about 400 commons and minor stars from the 50's and 60's

Antonio D.
03-14-2010, 04:43 PM
After someone on this site inspired me about cheap 'flea market' baseball collectibles, I sought to test it myself by visiting flea markets around my area.

And to be honest, it's a very exhausting and time consuming effort when finding rare (but cheap) collectibles.

At one estate sale I found baseball bats selling for $2.67 each! I probably bought too much but got lucky with a few bats being game used and sold those for 4-10 times the cost of what I bought them for.

Today I found a 'Stan Musial' baseball glove but it looked brand new. However, it was a 3 finger baseball glove. So I wasn't sure if it was made in 1950's or so. Did I let a good opportunity pass by? I was too late to go back and buy it because someone else bought it.

Thoughts?

kudu
12-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Kind of OT, but has anyone watched the shows "Storage Wars" on A&E, or "Auction Hunters" on Spike TV? Also, has anyone ever bought a storage unit and found some memorabilia?

Several years ago, the lady that runs the storage facility where I have a storage unit, suggested I come out to an auction this particular weekend, because she thought I might be interested in bidding on a unit. So I went, she showed me which unit it was, and I ended up being the high bidder on the unit for $75. All it had in it was a tool box, a bike, a 3' x 3' cardboard box, a couple old pictures, and some oil pans for changing oil. Went to look what was inside the box, it was filled to the lid full of baseball, football, and hockey cards. And not just common players either. I ended up selling all the cards for about $700 and kept the tools and bike. And the bike is a Specialized Rockhopper :)

Watching those tv shows made me wonder what might still be out there in those storage units...

SkubeBats
05-15-2011, 09:52 PM
I just went to my first flea market show for the year. I was lucky and picked up this nice bat.

SkubeBats
05-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Here are the pictures of my flea market find...

sammy
05-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Nice pickup on the bat. Pro model?

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

jake33
05-16-2011, 04:15 PM
6 years ago Darian Barnes left the Cowboys and left his storage unit. After leaving it, his items hit auction. Got his Super Bowl 37 game used helmet and a Bucs jersey with 19 team repairs.

ferro39
05-22-2011, 06:45 PM
not game used, but i found a russian hockey stick autographed by alexander mogilny at a garage sale yesterday

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4814/1000823a.jpg http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2927/1000824r.jpg

SkubeBats
06-27-2011, 11:42 PM
I just picked these up Sunday at a local flea market. 5 out of 6 bats have side writting on them from when they were sent back to H&B. They all show great use to them and look great. I like the look of old vintage game used bats. Bats are of the follwing players.

Orvin
Caton
LeClair
Tucker
Lembke
Burke

RaiderNationPDX
08-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Found something sweet this weekend & figured this thread could use a revival.

Went out of town for an extended anniversary weekend on the Oregon Coast. Ran across this while my wife and I were killing time in an antique shop before our dinner reservation one night, a c. 1973 Viceroy rubber-crested (both sides) Canucks game puck. Not a Canucks fan (go Wings!), but couldn't pass up something like this for $4.50.

http://www.alex-d-burson.com/Puck_CanucksViceroyFront.jpg

http://www.alex-d-burson.com/Puck_CanucksViceroyBack.jpg