PDA

View Full Version : Nominate the GUU's MVP's of 2008 !!! Who and Why!

camarokids
01-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Seeing how Hollywood seems to have an award for just about everything and anything.

Why not GUU?

Who is your MVP of GUU and why???

I will start...

I actually have a tie for my MVP, co-MVP's if you will allow me?

Both of these members are unselfish in giving their time and sharing their expertise.

I nominate BMH and KyleHess.....

BMH- because he is like a rock star on GUU :cool:, also he provides us collectors with invaluable information that cannot be bought or had anywhere.

KyleHess- the GUU wizard at the art of photomatching! Also he has a unique sense of humor and personality. Plus I'm a little jealous ;). Have you seen all the hotties on his web page???

Both members have helped me in the past year and it is appreciated!

Who do you nominate?

suave1477
01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
BMH and Kylehess, I'll second that!!!:D

allstarsplus
01-26-2009, 10:51 AM
BMH and Kylehess, I'll second that!!!:D

Rudy V.
Kyle Hess
Jim Reynolds
SgtHalliburton
Eric S. who founded the Forum

Honorable Mention to Jim Reed for his great work on the Jordan UNC jersey!!!!

BULBUS
01-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Robert (Aeneas01) - dont own any game used helemts, but I enjoy reading his posts. Maybe some day I'll get my hands on an 80's Giants lid with his help :D

suicide_squeeze
01-26-2009, 12:51 PM
I nominate Andrew Lang (allstarsplus).....

I have only been on here a very short while, and he helped me fill a void in my collection on my first request under "Items wanted". He is also an extremely friendly and helpful guy.

Thanks Andrew!!!

DrJ
01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
The MVP has to be aeneas in my opinion. His post are very detailed and informative. Plus I don't recall a post from him that has ever been off-subject or negative towards any individual. Of course, being a helmet collector, I am biased as I mostly read the football posts.

cjw
01-26-2009, 01:54 PM
The MVP has to be aeneas in my opinion. His post are very detailed and informative. Plus I don't recall a post from him that has ever been off-subject or negative towards any individual. Of course, being a helmet collector, I am biased as I mostly read the football posts.

All great nominees. I will cast my vote for aeneas, Kyle, rudy, and BTPH...in no particular order

chris

ironmanfan
01-26-2009, 02:10 PM
My vote goes to Rudy

joelsabi
01-26-2009, 02:12 PM
maybe this a great idea of making a "go to list" in GUU. There are certain members that are the go to person for certain niches in GUU.

example:

bats authenticity --> BMH
football helmets --> aeneas
fotomatching --> kyle

TNTtoys
01-26-2009, 02:43 PM
maybe this a great idea of making a "go to list" in GUU. There are certain members that are the go to person for certain niches in GUU.

example:

bats authenticity --> BMH
football helmets --> aeneas
fotomatching --> kyle

I would like to lobby for a Mets jerseys category. :D

Sincityson
01-27-2009, 01:57 AM
Who gets the Razzie Award? Lou Lampson?

Lou Lampson 100% Authentic

Lou Lampson is considered by collectors, ex-athletes, and equipment managers, alike as the foremost authority and analyst in the field. He has authenticated for the National Sports Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, The College Football HOF, Texas Sports HOF, Upper Deck Authenticated and the hobby's major auction huoses. Lou has over thirty years' experience in collecting, authenticating and appraising game-used uniforms and related equipment. He owns an extensive "Perfect 10" representations and has an astonishing 8,000 plus uniform-related photos in his reference library.

bigtruck260
01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
I nominate Jeff Scott (Birdbats) for the 'Good Guy' award. He is far and away the best Cards bat guy around...and has saved me thousands. Literally.
Thanks Jeff!

whatupyos
01-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Great thread!!

RUDY, RUDY, RUDY!!!!!

Best Supporting

KyleHess.

Aaron

tigerdale
01-27-2009, 02:33 PM
ya know, this is a great thread. First, I want to thank everyone who takes the time to post & share valuable information. I have found birdbats & allstarplus to be very friendly & very open w/ information & opinions. I have met a few friends, larry B & Tigersteve who I hope to see at comerica this summer. Overall, I have appreciated everyones posts & comments....I hope I have helped out some, because I know I have been helped a lot.......thank you EVERYONE!!

chakes89
01-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Allstarsplus, Camarokids, AWA85

Too many others to name

skyking26
01-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I nominate Jeff Scott (Birdbats) for the 'Good Guy' award. He is far and away the best Cards bat guy around...and has saved me thousands. Literally.
Thanks Jeff!
I second this!!! Jeff has answered any Cardinals bat related question I've had, and I can tell the info took some time to put together!!! I just want him to know it is appreciated.

In a time when so many of the posts can be attributed to baiting/fighting/non GU related crap on the forum, Jeff is one that is a throwback to what this site truly should be about...Game Used and education thereof.

RK

Fnazxc0114
01-27-2009, 04:26 PM
i nominate jeff as well. great guy have dealt with him a few times

LEGEND33
01-27-2009, 05:29 PM
B-T-P-H at the top of the top !!!!

dcrules01
01-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Andrew allstarsplus

Nick Tnt Toys

David Metsbats

These guys make the hobby so much better and the best part is I consider them friends..Also honorable mentions Jessie Abe and Robert

earlywynnfan
01-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Since I'm probably not allowed to nominate myself, I can agree with:

aeneas, whose posts I ALWAYS enjoy, even though I don't collect helmets

Birdbats, who helped me out on a major bat "non-purchase."

Also, Eric for starting the whole thing.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

mr.miracle
01-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I would like to give a big thank you and shout out to my good friends, Andrew Lang, IronManFan, Skyking and Birdbats who have all been especially helpful over the past year. There are many others too numerous to list but these four gentleman have helped me tremendously and finer individuals you will not find.

Thanks,

mr.miracle
01-28-2009, 03:46 PM
I would like to give a big thank you and shout out to my good friends, Andrew Lang, IronManFan, Skyking and Birdbats who have all been especially helpful over the past year. There are many others too numerous to list but these four gentleman have helped me tremendously and finer individuals you will not find.

Thanks,

I should also add that I was a real pompous jerk to Ironmanfan on several occasions on this forum. Bill is a great guy and has overlooked my arrogance and stupidity and has proven to be a 100% great guy and fantastic source full of information on all things Ripken. I really appreciate him and all the help he has provided.

skyking26
01-28-2009, 09:38 PM
I should also add that I was a real pompous jerk to Ironmanfan on several occasions on this forum. Bill is a great guy and has overlooked my arrogance and stupidity and has proven to be a 100% great guy and fantastic source full of information on all things Ripken. I really appreciate him and all the help he has provided.
Thanks for the kind words Brett. I appreciate it. I was talking to another good friend tonight (Howard Wolf), about the good ol' days and how long we have been in the hobby. I've known Howard sonce the 80's, guys like Dave Miedema since then as well, and honesty and enjoyable talk is all ya get with these guys. As we spoke of today, hobbies are for fun and taking your mind off s*it (which is something we all have). While many choose to advocate negativisms and pick fights, its the hobby, the game, and the friendships you make along the way that count.

Brett, email or call me anytime. I hope you can pick up some great stuff my friend.

Bob

Larry Pelliccioni
01-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Andrew Lang...his passion and his integrity and the uncanny ability to find exactly what I am looking for. Classy individual.
Kyle Hess...faithful to his word. Total gentleman.
Chris Cavalier...Steadfast and wise.
Eric Stengel...Gentleman personified.

Thanks to you all.

Larry Pelliccioni

Marichal27
01-28-2009, 11:12 PM
The great city of San Francisco, nominates LON LEWIS!! He has more knowledge as far as jersey restoration, knowledge of tagging, you name it. He has helped every other member on this forum, in one way or another.
........MARICHAL27

kylehess10
01-29-2009, 01:00 AM
I would nominate BMH....he was able to help out many of us for nothing at all and he took time out from whatever he was doing just to help us collectors out. I only asked for help 1 time from him, but his info is just so useful and I was able to date the bat I had asked about to 2005 instead of 2007 like I had thought before asking him. He's a great asset to the forum

camarokids
01-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Also wanted to add, I have met quite a few great people on this site. I even get emails every once in awhile from people I do not know asking questions about Devil Rays stuff. Which is cool.

I want to also nominate Nate Devlin for the "2008 GameUsed Universe I Tell it like it is" Award !

I talk to Nate Devlin at least twice a week via email. Nate has quite a vintage collection going on. Even has some Devil Rays gamers I would like to have..... Hint hint Nate:D.... A certain players bat from 2001....

I have had some great transactions with Andrew Tilley, Chris Hakes, Adam in Michigan, Jake Jahimiak, Steve Smith, Dan Slimm and others who I cannot think of at this time...sorry for not including your name here....

Roger Ward sent me an autographed Devil Rays license plate for FREE!

camarokids
02-07-2009, 10:15 AM
This is just in folks!

I am peeking at the envelope now.....

Nominated for the 2008 Game Used Baseball Bat Dealer of the Year!

it is......

and the nominee is...

Tim Byington of Hall Of Fame Bats......:cool:

Great service with super fast shipping along with great communication!

He will hold a bat for you if you don't have the money right away too!

Thanks Tim.....