Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markize
    • Apr 2008

team USA gamers and Hunt auctions

just got my Hunt auctions magazine in the mail today. all you team USA collectors out there might want to check this out. i wish there was a player i was interested in. nice lots of 6+ gamers.

oh, and before i get thrown under a bus.....NO i am NOT affiliated with Hunt auctions, and NO, i am NOT a consignor of any items. just a heads up as i was impressed after looking through the list.

mark
  • Mr.3000

Re: team USA gamers and Hunt auctions

Link?

Comment

• markize
      • Apr 2008

sorry, I was in a hurry to get out the door, and forgot. I will post it later when I get home. It is under upcoming internet auctions I believe.

Mark

Comment

• Mr.3000

Originally posted by markize
        sorry, I was in a hurry to get out the door, and forgot. I will post it later when I get home. It is under upcoming internet auctions I believe.

Mark

Thanks Mark, I'll look there.

Comment

• markize
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Mr.3000
          Link?
          it wont give me a link to the actual auction. just go under upcoming events, and search lot numbers. the USA gamers are lots #989 - 1058.

mark

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
            • Oct 2005

anyone have a good source for Team USA rosters and photos?

Comment

• russyurk
              • May 2008

USA baseball is one of the main focuse of my collection. Rosters & photos are hard to come by and I have complied yearbooks and programs as often as possible. USA Baseball has some info available at the links below.

Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by russyurk
                USA baseball is one of the main focuse of my collection. Rosters & photos are hard to come by and I have complied yearbooks and programs as often as possible. USA Baseball has some info available at the links below.

http://mlb.mlb.com/usa_baseball/arti...story_national
                russyurk - Please email me at info@AllstarsPlus.com if you have any Ryan Zimmerman team USA items.

thanks. Andrew
                Regards,
                Andrew Lang
                AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                202-716-8500

Comment

• russyurk
                  • May 2008

At a very quick glance most of these items look to be from 2001 & 2002 when the team was based in Arizona. Some national team stuff but also stuff from the 18-U and 16-U squads.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                    • Nov 2005

At a very quick glance most of these items look to be from 2001 & 2002 when the team was based in Arizona. Some national team stuff but also stuff from the 18-U and 16-U squads.
                    Thanks. If you run across any let me know. I was very fortunate to get one of few game used bats from Team USA with the USA logo. I also got a Cal Ripken jersey that Cal wore for something he did for them (possibly a promotion).

What do you think of those Hunt items? Are they extras, light use, heavy use?

I just wonder how many sets they have considering how many cut up for cards and are kept by the players families.
                    Regards,
                    Andrew Lang
                    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                    202-716-8500

Comment

• russyurk
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                      Thanks. If you run across any let me know. I was very fortunate to get one of few game used bats from Team USA with the USA logo. I also got a Cal Ripken jersey that Cal wore for something he did for them (possibly a promotion).

What do you think of those Hunt items? Are they extras, light use, heavy use?

I just wonder how many sets they have considering how many cut up for cards and are kept by the players families.
                      Andrew - I just added my 23rd Team USA jersey after the Olympics this past summer. I'm a jersey guy and can't speak to the bats but the jerseys look pretty solid. I date these to '01-'02 which was right before and just as Upper Deck began the Team USA sets. Most were members of the 18-U and 16-U squads and those jerseys were not included in those sets. Essentially they were no-name kids and a few (Milledge, Pedroia, etc) went on to be well-known. Wear seems very consistent with a short tournament...with multiple colors many may have only been worn only 2-3 times. There are a few that have dirt stains on the front but almost all of mine show little to no use. Photo matching these will be almost impossible, the tournaments took place over seas and junior national teams just don't draw publicity in this country. I work in sports and know one gentleman at USA Baseball a little and plan to reach out to him this week to see what he know. When they left the Millington, TN training site I know equipment was left behind and I was able to pick up a helmet for a small amount. I am a little surprised this stuff has sat around so long but stranger things have happened.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                        • Nov 2005

Andrew - I just added my 23rd Team USA jersey after the Olympics this past summer. I'm a jersey guy and can't speak to the bats but the jerseys look pretty solid. I date these to '01-'02 which was right before and just as Upper Deck began the Team USA sets. Most were members of the 18-U and 16-U squads and those jerseys were not included in those sets. Essentially they were no-name kids and a few (Milledge, Pedroia, etc) went on to be well-known. Wear seems very consistent with a short tournament...with multiple colors many may have only been worn only 2-3 times. There are a few that have dirt stains on the front but almost all of mine show little to no use. Photo matching these will be almost impossible, the tournaments took place over seas and junior national teams just don't draw publicity in this country. I work in sports and know one gentleman at USA Baseball a little and plan to reach out to him this week to see what he know. When they left the Millington, TN training site I know equipment was left behind and I was able to pick up a helmet for a small amount. I am a little surprised this stuff has sat around so long but stranger things have happened.
                        Thanks for dating those. If they are that old, I wonder if they have any newer jerseys.
                        Regards,
                        Andrew Lang
                        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                        202-716-8500

Comment

• joelsabi
                          • Aug 2005

russyurk, you seem very knowledgable about team usa items. can you give us the rundown of when certain color jerseys are used. i believe the red jersey are used at least for the pan am games. look forward to your post.
                          Regards,
                          Joel S.
                          joelsabi @ gmail.com
                          Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• joelsabi
                            • Aug 2005

also do you know if there are name plates used for team usa jersey. i thought it peculiar that only one photo for all the auctions items showed a name plate (trujillo nameplate).
                            Regards,
                            Joel S.
                            joelsabi @ gmail.com
                            Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• russyurk
                              • May 2008

Joel - The lack of name plates is very common with these jerseys. They have appeared on all Olympic Team jerseys (except 1988) and a few random national teams over the years. Of my 20+ I believe only three have name plates (all Olympic used/issued). I'm sure it saves money and with the last-minute nature some of our squads are pulled together it probably is just easier that way. Of my recent acquisitions directly from USA Baseball auctions I have a 2005 World Cup and 2006 Olympic Qualifying jerseys without name plates.

I don't have an exact breakdown of what colors were used when but the red and blue have been used as alternates for a number of years. The red is not exclusive to Pan Am teams. Since the move to the current style in 1993 there have been very few modifications. Front numbers were added in 1994, vests used in 1996 only, two different American flag patches, various sponsor/commemorative patches and the move from Rawlings to Majestic in 2006.

I haven't been through every lot but the Trujillo lot stands out as he is listed on the USA Baseball alumni page as having only played with Team USA in 2005, definitely out of the range of most of these and Sunny Golloway doesn't appear on the list at all.

Comment

Working...