PDA

View Full Version : Bricol Sports Auction Delivers Veris Jersey

VERIS#60
02-02-2009, 12:40 AM
One of the biggest assets this forum offers is the wealth of information that is on the site. I have recently read where Bricol Sports Auction has not paid consignors their money owed. I just wanted to let everyone know that during their recent auction ending Jan 15th, 2009, they have shipped out my item won during the auction. I won the Garin Veris 49ers game used jersey. I hope this is good news that Brian will pay out the money that he owes to those who have not been compensated yet for their items consigned. I have talked to Brian on several occasions and he seems like an honest man. This hobby needs as many honest people as it can get to uphold the integrity of the business. I wish nothing, but good luck to all of those people that are owed money from Bricol!
Bruce

shoremen44
02-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Can't be worse than AMI... I am still waiting on my money from October... worse mistake I ever made consigning to them

hblakewolf
02-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Can't be worse than AMI... I am still waiting on my money from October... worse mistake I ever made consigning to them

I had similar issues with them-see below and proceed accordingly.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverschmidts http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=109311#post109311)
Wow. I haven't checked the Forum for a while and am quite interested to see how many other consignors have been stiffed by Bricol. At least it sounds like one of you got paid. I consigned A LOT of items with Brian and Sharon in person back in March. Most of the items were sold in May and I still have not received any payment. Like most of you, I've called and emailed many, many times. I have been waiting to file a civil action, and I intend to do so soon. I have a question for you: did any of you have written consignment agreements with Bricol or were you operating under oral contracts? Also, has anyone gotten any traction with the Florida AG's office yet? I am quite willing to participate in that process as well. Thanks. --Steve

As follow-up to my previous post on this thread, I contacted Detective Cangemi with the Pinellas County Crimes Unit. He noted that he visited Shannon Bricol at her residence, explained my issues with lack of payment, and he was assured my check had already been mailed. One week later, my payment was received in full.

Detective Cangemi informed me that he is no longer handeling issues related to Bricol, and said that a new detective is handeling all issues/complaints. Detective Anderson can be contacted at 727-464-7988.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

hblakewolf
02-02-2009, 11:23 AM
My bad! My post was in reference to Bricol, not AMI as you note.

Although I consigned many items to AMI, their continued late payments and outlandish reasons for these late payments given to me by both Keta and Vic forced me to cease doing business with them many years ago.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

kingjammy24
02-02-2009, 11:31 AM

from their current, feb 2009, auction catalog: "AMI has made some great changes this year as well, with quick consignment payouts, we look forward to yielding the best prices, in the industry maintaining our excellent quality and impeccable customer service...We have the highest exposure in the marketplace as our base is Las Vegas, the best town for sports and entertainment...Kieta".

bolding is theirs, not mine. so there you have it. apparently quick consignment payouts are a "change" this year. makes you wonder what they were last year. las vegas, a town without a single MLB, NFL, NHL, or NBA team is the "best town for sports". sorry boston and new york! well i guess if you believe the first part of that section, you'll believe the rest.

rudy.

encinorick
02-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Rudy: Las Vegas is the best sports town, if you think of sports as a betting endeavor, instead of enjoying it for its purity.

Besides, Los Angeles is the best sports town in the country. You have the greatest NBA team, the LA Lakers and the worst NBA team, the LA Clippers, you have the storied LA Dodgers and the sorrried LA/Anaheim Angeles, then there is hockey with the Kings and Ducks, and, of course, you have the two greatest colleges for sports UCLA (basketball, etc.) and USC (football, etc.).

Then you have the Los Angeles Rams for NFL football, or is it Anaheim Rams?

Pretty impressive, don't ya think.:D

lund6771
02-02-2009, 01:39 PM
from their current, feb 2009, auction catalog: "AMI has made some great changes this year as well, with quick consignment payouts, we look forward to yielding the best prices, in the industry maintaining our excellent quality and impeccable customer service...We have the highest exposure in the marketplace as our base is Las Vegas, the best town for sports and entertainment...Kieta".

rudy.

This is kind of confusing to me...maybe someone can help shed some light and help me understand what "quick" means

So does Kita's statement mean that they believe 8 months is quick?....or will future consignors be paid out in 30-60 days and all of last years consignors are left to die in the AMI graveyard?

sarahsdad
02-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Receiving an item you won and paid for from Bricol is an entirely different matter then consigning an item to Bricol, having the winning bidder pay for said item and then not receiving payment from Bricol for said item. And then having to send the Sheriff out to Shannon and pay her a visit. I don't believe there were ever any threads posted from winning bidders complaining about never receiving the winning item despite paying for it. It is always those that have money due them where the issues arise. Bricol is great at taking your money (And items) but not paying the consignor for them in a timely manner. Its amazing how many of their consignment checks get lost in the mail. I am a victim of their "Lost" check. Twice in 3 auctions. I have been a homeowner for 20 years and never once has my mortgage bill or payment ever been "Lost" in the mail. Yet it routinely happens to me when I am owed money from Bricol. Anybody ever pay for an item from Bricol and never receive the item? Or a refund?
Sarahsdad

nyjetsfan14
02-02-2009, 09:53 PM
...and the sorrried LA/Anaheim Angeles...

Huh? That must be a typo as I hardly think the Angels are a sorried franchise. Check the winning pct since 2002. Check division titles. Check attendance figures. This isn't the 1990's anymore, the Angels have become a model franchise and one of the most successful teams in Major League Baseball.

clinton2828
02-02-2009, 10:15 PM
AMI

dont get me started !

i had items that ended this summer in the mlb all star gam auction. i have turned it over to the police in my town and they stated i can press criminal charges. which i am going to do if i dont get a check on the mail this week! i did not want to share but i am feed up! will keep everyone posted. i have call set with kieta this wendsday

Lokee
02-02-2009, 11:13 PM
what REALLY pisses me off is that AMI will list an item and say it comes with a LOA but will not ship the LOA and say they are waiting to recieve it. WTF????? I have been waiting on a LOA for almost 2 months and when I email them (they answer about 1 out of every 4 emails) they say they are still waiting for it to arrive. Why say the item comes with a LOA if you cannot produce one ? It should not take 2 months to get a LOA in the first place it should be sent with the item.

encinorick
02-03-2009, 09:47 AM
NYJets: You are, of course, correct about the LosAngeles/Anaheim Angels, which is just another reason to think of Los Angeles as the sports capital of the world.

But, I must admit I'm a bit envious of you. After all, your state is pretty d*mn close. You have football (the Jets and Giants), a great hockey team (Devils), and an ok basketball team (Nets). As far as colleges go, you have Rutgers.....ok, let's not talk about that. Notwithstanding , Andrew Bynum makes up for that.

New Jersey sports capital of the world.....kinda trips over the lips.

Anyway, I've also reconsider my statement about Clippers, after Kobe's 61 your neighbor (what's their name?) looks pretty awful. ;)

BULBUS
02-03-2009, 10:42 AM
what REALLY pisses me off is that AMI will list an item and say it comes with a LOA but will not ship the LOA and say they are waiting to recieve it. WTF????? I have been waiting on a LOA for almost 2 months and when I email them (they answer about 1 out of every 4 emails) they say they are still waiting for it to arrive. Why say the item comes with a LOA if you cannot produce one ? It should not take 2 months to get a LOA in the first place it should be sent with the item.

I won a bat a while back that was supposed to come with a PSA LOA. Same story, they were waiting for it. LOA never arrived. I eventually consigned the bat with JT and he issued a new LOA.

sammy
02-03-2009, 11:11 AM
AMI gave me the shaft once in regard to "The letter's in the mail."

Bought an item from them and the letter wasn't included.

The guy in shipping lied to me, and Keita lied to me directly during a phone call.

For a 20.00 auction house authentication letter, these fools lost my business forever.