PDA

View Full Version : Rick Mirer on eBay with "Unique features"

gingi79
02-02-2009, 11:00 AM
I am not a huge Seahawk fan but I have owned some of their jerseys in the past as I really like the color scheme. Considering that I also love to collect "Bust QB's" jerseys (I once owned a Ryan Leaf jersey. How many people would admit that?) Seeing this Rick Mirer Rookie gamer at price, got my attention:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rick-Mirer-Signed-Seahawks-Vintage-Jersey-Team-Issued_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ86829QQihZ019QQi temZ290286823335QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQsalenotsu pported

Looking it over, it is from the "Pre-NFL Sheild" Days and is tagged as a 1990. However I kinda remember that was before Mirer's time as he was drafted in 1993. The auction talks the time to explain this as follows:

"The other major factor is that Mirer didn't play for the Seahawks until 1993. So this must have been an originally-issued 1990 #3 jersey that was later customized for Mirer with the addition of his name to the back. Like I said, very unique and one-of-a-kind for sure."

Rick Mirer came into the NFL as the second overall pick. In his rookie year, he set NFL rookie records for attempts, completions & yards, and became only the 3rd rookie quarterback since 1970 to start all of his team's games. He finished his rookie season 5th in the AFC with 274 completions and 2833 yards.

I would argue that the new face of the franchise, their number one pick, a guy they dropped $15 Million on in 1993 who came through as a solid qb in his rookie season, would be the very first player in line to get a brand new jersey, fresh from Berlin, WI with the NFL mandated Shield on all his NFL jerseys.

This seller must have "over 8,000 jersey related photos at his disposal"

People just amaze me!