PDA

View Full Version : Question for BMH -Miguel Cabrera

bscott
02-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Brian,

First of all, thank you for the time you put into answering queries from the forum memebers.

I am trying to trace the history of a game used bat I just acquired. It is a cupped end, blonde ash, 33.5 inch long, block-lettered Miguel Cabrera I13 bat. (Team name: Florida Marlins.)

I've never seen this bat type for Miguel Cabrera before. Is there any way to tell what year the bat is from? Or how many of these bats were made for Cabrera?

The interesting thing about the bat is that it appears very likely to have been used by Hanley Ramirez. (Cabrera's #24 on both ends was marked over with a marker/sharpie, and "H2R" was written below this on the knob end. Plus, it has Hanley's tape job on the handle.) I think there is a story behind this bat, even if it just a simple story of Hanley borrowing one of Cabrera's bats one day. Or maybe a young Hanley convinced a young Cabrera to try out the I13? Who knows? Do you have any guesses or insights?

Thank You,
Brandon

BMH
02-05-2009, 11:18 PM
He had one order for Ash I13C's but for 34in. Most likely the bat is 33.75, the I13 had a very rounded end so it takes more off the bat when cupped. He ordered 12 in July of 2007.

BMH
02-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Sorry, that is July of 2006. I was looking at the Maple I13's.

bscott
02-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Thank you!

Great information.

Thank you for taking the time to look up this info!

(And yes, the bat is closer to 33.75" long.)

-Brandon