X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Card Grading

HI
    I WANT TO GET ONE OF MY CARDS GRADED. i WANT TO USE PSA BUT THEY CHARGE SOME MONEY JUST TO GET A SUBMISSION FORM. I WAS WONDERING IF GLOBAL AUTHENTICATION IS A GOOD PLACE TO GET YOUR CARDS GRADED.
    THANKS
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: Card Grading

My personal prefence to getting a card graded is PSA/DNA, my second choice is Beckett.

Comment

• geoff
      • Nov 2005

Try SGC ' last month i sent 25 cards to them.They are very helpful and friendly when i called to check on the status of the cards.Good luck

Comment

• sylbry
        • Nov 2005

The safest bet is to go with PSA as they are the most recognized but with PSA you need to be a member in order to submit cards or submit it through a dealer that is a member.

If the card is 1980 or newer and you don't want to hassle with PSA then go with Beckett as they tend to specialize in newer cards.

If the card is older than 1980 go with SGC. They are hands down the best at grading vintage cards and every vintage collector knows it. They also have a buy back guarantee. What that exactly is, I am not sure. And from what I have seen they have the best grading prices or specials.

GAI has never really made a name for themselves. They are not a bad choice but many people dislike the holders and therefore do not particularly care for them.

Beckett, SGC, and GAI do not require membership in order to submit cards.
        Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

We have a Pete rose rookie. So i have decided to go with beckett.

Comment

• suave1477
            Banned
            • Jan 2006

I agree with Sylbry as far as SGC they are most known for vintage cards, PSA/DNA is most worldly known so it really depends on the cards you have.

Comment

• yanks12025
              • Jan 2006

When you say vintage cards what do you mean like ones from 1920's to the 1800's. Would you consider a pete rose one to be vintage.

Comment

• sylbry
                • Nov 2005

Vintage is usually defined as pre World War 2.
                Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

Sylbry ok my question is when was World War 2? lol lol lol just kidding!!!

Comment

• yanks12025
                    • Jan 2006

Thanks for the help
                    to you guys on a pete rose rookie card you would us PSA but they cost good money. So who would your second choice be to have a pete rose card graded by. SGC or beckett or GAI

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                      • Oct 2005

SGC (www.sgccard.com) is absolutely the way to go. Been collecting cards for 20 years and SGC is the only one I'd ever use.

Comment

• suave1477
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2006

vintagedeputy you should really look into psa/dna to get top market value out of your graded cards

Comment

• trsent
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by yanks12025
                          Thanks for the help
                          to you guys on a pete rose rookie card you would us PSA but they cost good money. So who would your second choice be to have a pete rose card graded by. SGC or beckett or GAI
                          I find PSA gets the best dollar, while other grading companies go for less value, even for higher grades. If you cards are worth having graded-authenticated, stick with PSA.

If your cards are not worth paying the price for PSA grading, then they aren't worth having graded anyway.

Now that's Joel's opinion for the day!

Comment

• scottanservitz
                            • Nov 2005

PSA is the way to go. Been around the longest, graded the most cards and pretty reliable on their grades. Do have to be a member, but you can submit through an authorized dealer. Go to the site psacard.com and you will find all you need. If you are not comfortable with that, the only other company I would consider would be SGC. Other than that, choices get very slim. Good luck and let us know how it grades.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                              • Oct 2005

suave1477,

I appreciate the opinion, but I wouldnt send anything to PSA if my life depended on it. With all the research I've done on the subject, the WIWAG scandal, and the way PSA customer service is, no one but SGC will ever get my money. My cards are sent for grading for my personal use. I have no interest in secondary market profit.

Comment

Working...