PDA

View Full Version : Steiner customer service - not impressed so far

Vintagedeputy
02-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Several days ago, I spotted a Steiner auction for an item that I liked. The auction photo said that it was just a representative pic and not of the actual item (well now, that's just stupid).

I emailed them through their site and asked for pics of the actual item that I was bidding on - no response.

The next day, I called and left a voicemail for someone - no response.

The next day, I bid and won the item but didnt want to pay with my credit card. Per their website, I sent an email asking how to make an alternate form of payment - no response.

2 days later, I get an email saying that I won the auction. I replied back asking for the grand total and how I go about making an alternate payment - no response.

This afternoon I called again, and got a live girl on the phone. I asked to speak to someone in the auction department. She transferred me to someone's voicemail where I left a message - no response.

What gives?

raider1088
02-06-2009, 11:42 PM
talk to my guy corey keyes 914-307-1112.cool guy and he'll take care of you.

slam
02-07-2009, 12:03 AM
And I thought they were just ignoring me. I've made orders online where it was in stock and have waited weeks for my item only to final call and have them tell me it was out of stock. Now why couldn't they have called me to tell me that. These were high priced items too. I guess they don't want my business.

allstarsplus
02-07-2009, 09:07 AM
talk to my guy corey keyes 914-307-1112.cool guy and he'll take care of you.

I had 2 amazing reps at Steiner--Bob Malandro and Phil Reese. Bob handled my game used sales and Phil handled my memorabilia sales. In the good times, I was spending consistently over $10,000 a month.

Both guys are no longer at Steiner. Both guys really knew how to take care of their customers. I consider both of them to be friends and lucky enough to still be in touch with them in their lives after Steiner!

DonFan23
02-07-2009, 09:35 AM
I had 2 amazing reps at Steiner--Bob Malandro and Phil Reese. Bob handled my game used sales and Phil handled my memorabilia sales. In the good times, I was spending consistently over $10,000 a month.

Both guys are no longer at Steiner. Both guys really knew how to take care of their customers. I consider both of them to be friends and lucky enough to still be in touch with them in their lives after Steiner!

Agreed, Andrew. Service is nothing like it used to be, so now most of my business goes elsewhere.

larry bourget
02-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Does anyone have a Steiner numberederd Hologram that actually works in the Steiner data base? Seems like once an item leaves Steiner they have no clue as to what it was. That must be why MLB holo's are now on some of their most recent items, along with the useless $teiner stickers.

LB

yanks12025
02-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Their customer service has been great for me. I also use Corey keyes and he is very nice and helps out alot.

markize
02-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Does anyone have a Steiner numberederd Hologram that actually works in the Steiner data base? Seems like once an item leaves Steiner they have no clue as to what it was. That must be why MLB holo's are now on some of their most recent items, along with the useless $teiner stickers.

LB

Larry,

I could be completely wrong on this, but I believe I was trying to lookup one of my holograms (which was not found), and I read on their site that there was a fee to have a holo added to the system. Again, I could be wrong.

Mark

costas
02-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Efrain's good.

pjbmd
02-07-2009, 01:29 PM
I agree on Efrain
Very accessible and very responsible
I have found that within the past 4 weeks auction itmes have been shipping in record time
i usually receive them within 48 hours
pjb

suave1477
02-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Corey and Efrain have nothing to do with the auction sales - the Auctions person is Justin Kramer

Vintagedeputy
02-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Well, after 3 emails and 3 phone calls, someone from Steiner called me back. My auction win is on the way finally....and I still haven't seen the actual item. :(

Its a real shame that in this economy, customer service is so poor.