PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone attending spring training?

gannonknight85
02-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Just finished booking my trip to Arizona for my second straight spring training ( my first in Arizona, as the Indians just moved back there) and it made me curious to see if any forum members will be there the same time as me. I will be there March 1st through the 8th. Attending only indians games but would love to meet up with some members and share stories and watch the game most of us here love so much. LMK. BTW pitchers and catchers report in just over 5 days....the wait is almost over!

mariner_gamers
02-07-2009, 09:39 AM
I live in Phoenix and usually attend several games between Tempe Diablo, Phoenix Municipal and Scottsdale Stadium. I am telling ya we need Game Used Universe shirts with our names on them!! It would be great to meet with forum members and discuss our hobby interests face to face. Although many of my friends enjoy my collection none of them can really talk the talk. Hope to see some of you down here this year!

Davis
demburey@netzero.net

xpress34
02-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Although I live in Denver, Spring Training is an annual 'mecca' for me...

It doesn't hurt that all of my family has migrated to Tucson and Surprise (Phoenix) from dallas over the past 10 years... I came to Denver from Dallas in 1991...

This year will be a little different as the wife and I are planning on catching the Rockies and Mariners at Cashman Field in Las Vegas the 1st weekend of April, so we will probably fly into Vegas the week before, drive to Surprise (my oldest brother lives there) and catch the Rangers and A's (looking to add to my Ryan, Holliday and Hamilton collections) as well as catch the White Sox as visitor's in Phx before we drive back to Vegas for the weekend series.

And just in case you're wondering, for this trip, we have a FREE weekend in Vegas to use - and airfare is cheaper to Vegas than either Phx or Tucson... what we'll save will cover the rental car.

We are also planning on trying to catch the Rickwood Classic in Birmington, AL for the 1st time this year in May.

We already have our Opening Day tix for the Rox and are also planning on seeing another stadium by catching the Angels at home when we go to San Diego in July for Comic Con....

That said, if anyone wants tips for where to get Autos at either Hi Corbett in Tucson or Surprise Field in Surprise, let me know...

I would appreciate any info anyone might have on Phoenix Municipal and where to catch the A's for auto's as well as if anyone has been the Cashman Field in Vegas.

If any other members are going to be there the last week of March, let me know... maybe we can meet up.

- Chris

OaklandAsFan
02-07-2009, 12:06 PM
I live in Chandler just south of Phoenix, I go to mostly A's games but I will be at a game every day of the spring plus I go watch them train once pitchers and catchers officially report (though I have seen plenty of players training daily at the Mariners, Cubs, and A's training facilities the last few weeks.

Rob L
02-07-2009, 01:34 PM
My anniversary present from my wife every year is getting a group of tickets to see the Angels in ST. It's turned into a big family event with parents going, kids going. Always a fun weekend. We are heading out the last week of March this year.

70to66
02-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm leaving for Florida on the 14th for a week. Seven teams in seven days!

Culdejat
02-07-2009, 09:00 PM
We are going to Viera (Nationals/Expos) for the 6th year in a row.

From Feb.26 to March 06 you will see a father and son wearing Expos gear !

March 07 we are in Toronto for the first two games of the WBC. We personnaly know Denis Boucher (former Expos, Team Canada pitching coach) and we have seats In the Action very close to the Canada's dugout.

Everybody has to go to Spring Training once in their life...it's great !

suave1477
02-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Booking my second trip to Yankees Spring Training