PDA

View Full Version : A-Fraud- juice head?!?!

kellsox
02-07-2009, 10:45 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/02/07/alex-rodriguez-steroids/index.html?eref=T1

lund6771
02-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Is it time to dump A-Rod stuff while it has value?

Mr.3000
02-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Not surprising at all.

His stuff won't drop in value. By now, too many just don't care that much about who did and who does steroids.

He'll still wind up the greatest player ever...without an asterisk.

yanks12025
02-07-2009, 10:56 AM
I dont believe it. I find it funny how they say 104 players whose urine samples tested positive is under seal in California, but they only give out 1 name.

spartakid
02-07-2009, 11:08 AM
this will be interesting to see how it plays out.

gameu08
02-07-2009, 11:08 AM
maybe I can finally get some cheap A-Roid stuff. What a shame.

Mike

schubert1970
02-07-2009, 11:09 AM
If this is ture, I think Arod can take two roads. Giambi Street or Bond Ave. I think he should just admit it and get it out of the way if the story is true. Al least he has the rest of his career to put up numbers like he did in '07.

ironmanfan
02-07-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm not sure why this would be a surprise to anyone. Canseco was right again.....

Lokee
02-07-2009, 12:16 PM
:eek: is everyone really suprised ???

What sucks about A-Fraud is that he has been interviewd especially by Katie and he flatly denied it. The guy is a liar, a cheater and a hack. A-Fraud is a perfect name for him.

I hear people saying they feel bad for him ?? Come on man.

brianborsch
02-07-2009, 12:19 PM
The thing is, the feds won't be able to use the evidence to charge him because they were only to get the info for those associated with BALCO. Now that they have A-rod's evidence he can't be incriminated since that evidence probably won't be able to be used in court anymore.
So A-rod may still come out the winner on this one.

grenda12
02-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Not surprised! Was just a matter of time.

nyjetsfan14
02-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Not surprising at all.

His stuff won't drop in value. By now, too many just don't care that much about who did and who does steroids.

Greatest player ever? Why is that? Because he has so many intangibles? He is a great base runner? He is a great third baseman? He is one of the clutchest players of his time? Um no, no, no, and no again. A-Rod is a stat stuffer who will undoubtedly break the HR record and go into the Hall depending on how big this steroid use blows up. But I just cannot reason that a guy who continually comes up small at the plate in nearly every clutch at bat is the greatest ever. Especially when he is mediocre in all other phases. Personally he isn't even in my top 25 and it isn't that I dislike the guy because I don't.

Rboitano
02-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Its just a witch hunt, another way for our government to waste our tax dollars. Its just a game, how about some health care reform? Maybe spend some of our tax dollars on something that will help out millions. Not wasting money taking Bonds to grand jury. It is just a GAME!!! Who cares what these millionaires do with their body. Where is Arnold Schwarzeneger in all this? He is the one who is in elected office right now, take him to congress.

kellsox
02-07-2009, 12:35 PM
The thing is, the feds won't be able to use the evidence to charge him because they were only to get the info for those associated with BALCO. Now that they have A-rod's evidence he can't be incriminated since that evidence probably won't be able to be used in court anymore.
So A-rod may still come out the winner on this one.

How may he come out a "winner"? There is now evidence that he used- even if it can't be used in court, isn't this just another hit on his reputation???? I don't see anything positive(except his drug tests) coming out of this situation for him.
k

yanks12025
02-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Don't you guys find it funny that they are not giving out their source for this report or the people that confirmed it. Like i said i want to know the other 103 names on the list. Again i bet this was just made up by SI just like half of their storys so they could get more people to read their website. It also comes from two writers that we have never heard of.

Also you guys are forgetting that if he did fail the drug test it was before he was a yankee.

brianborsch
02-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Hell, I'd call it a win if I avoided jail time. I am not saying A-rod is right in this matter. All I'm saying is that if the situation was handled properly, A-rod could have been fully implicated where as now he may get away with things minus his reputation being soiled. That is, if all of this is true.

BB

cohibasmoker
02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
The steroid issue just keeps on haunting Major League Baseball. I found it interesting that throughout this whole steroid issue, the Commissioner of Baseball had "performance" clauses in his contract.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

suicide_squeeze
02-07-2009, 02:29 PM
I feel sorry for Tony.

Now, even if finds out his A-Rod homer bat is legit......it probably just lost most of it's appeal.

This all needs to end.

We all need to start a website asking for the removal of Bud Selig.

Anyone want to start that petition? He was "awarded" a three-year renewal as Commish until 2012. I say he needs to go now. He not only let things run amuck, he started it right after the '94 strike, and accelerated the collapse of integrity in the game with dismal leadership as his "reign of corruption" went forward.

I'm serious.....Bud Selig needs to go. He makes me sick. I can't stand looking at the $17,500,000.00 GEEK any longer. Let's start a petition to have him removed as commishioner of MLB.

Any thoughts? I'm willing to start up the site.

yanks12025
02-07-2009, 02:33 PM
suicide_squeeze,
I'll join in, only if you guys try getting me the job after we kick him out. The first things on my list would be getting rid of Barry Bonds stats. Then work on better drug tests. After those two are fixed i would work on getting rid of some of the bad teams in baseball like the Red Sox:).

suicide_squeeze
02-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Its just a witch hunt, another way for our government to waste our tax dollars. Its just a game, how about some health care reform? Maybe spend some of our tax dollars on something that will help out millions. Not wasting money taking Bonds to grand jury. It is just a GAME!!! Who cares what these millionaires do with their body. Where is Arnold Schwarzeneger in all this? He is the one who is in elected office right now, take him to congress.

Ahhh-nold is busy raising our taxes here in California, after promising for his WHOLE Political career that he would never do that.

He is obviously suffering from a delayed case of roid-rage.

Bondsgloves
02-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Funny, all the Bonds bashers are quiet. Everyone was sying that they will be happy when Arod breaks Bonds record, then it will be clean. Give me a break. They are all using it- Do you really think Manny, Pujols, are any different?

suicide_squeeze
02-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Don't you guys find it funny that they are not giving out their source for this report or the people that confirmed it. Like i said i want to know the other 103 names on the list. Again i bet this was just made up by SI just like half of their storys so they could get more people to read their website. It also comes from two writers that we have never heard of.

Also you guys are forgetting that if he did fail the drug test it was before he was a yankee.

C'mon, yanks12025........You're starting to sound like that rediculous Republican Congressman who attacked McNamee at the Clemens hearings.

It's OK to stick up for your boy, but this is b!tch for A-Rod no matter how you cut the cake.

Look, some chump who had access to the name list decided he wanted his 15 minutes of fame, so he leaked it to someone else (most likely) who gave the info to Sports Illustrated. They surely did their due dilligence, and found enough evidence that the info was legit, so they went with the story. I think all of us "suspected" in regards to A-Rod.....this is yet another SAD DAY for MLB.

So let's turn it around. Let's oust Selig as an incompetent leader of the sport, and clean it up going forward. Let's also slap a salary cap on players contracts, kick the players Union in the TEETH HARD (which is long overdue) and clean the freaking game up before it totally self destructs.

It's on the brink.....we need to bail out the sport we love. NOT with money, with people that care making the necessary changes to brink back integrity to the sport.

suicide_squeeze
02-07-2009, 02:51 PM
The steroid issue just keeps on haunting Major League Baseball. I found it interesting that throughout this whole steroid issue, the Commissioner of Baseball had "performance" clauses in his contract.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

That's what I'm talking about Jim.

His whole existence as MLB Commissioner is a joke. He is absolutely the peak of hypocracy in the game. He's like the SEC for the corrupt Stock Exchange.

How can we expect anything to be right when the organization set up to keep corruption out of the field they govern........is corrupt themselves?

Bondsgloves
02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
It will be interesting to see how Yankee fans react. Will they be two face and accept it and make no big deal or will they boo him out if town. Will A-Rod take the week aporoach like Andy Pettite ( I only did to recover from an injury), Lie like Clemens, or Apologize like Giambi (but not use the word Steroids).

The Yankees have marketed themselves as clean cut, full of pride, and the epitomy of baseball. They now have a big pie in their face!!! They are Steroid team Clemens, Giambi, A Rod, Pettite, Johnny Damon, the list will just grow...

yanks12025
02-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Bonds,
What are talking about with Damon. Also Giambi aint a yankee anymore and he took the riods before coming to the yankees so did Clemens. And if you read the article about a-rod he failed it in 2003 when he was a Ranger.

cigarman44
02-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Bonds,
What are talking about with Damon. Also Giambi aint a yankee anymore and he took the riods before coming to the yankees so did Clemens. And if you read the article about a-rod he failed it in 2003 when he was a Ranger.

Why do you feel the need to try to stick up for him? And who cares if they did if before or after they were a Yankee? I'd have to agree to the reply to your post on mlbtraderumors.com...excuses, excuses. You'd think you were on his payroll :rolleyes:

Yanks12025 wrote:

"Well if he was taking steriods it would have to be from when he as a rookie up to 2003. It's not like his stats changed from 20 home runs to 60 homeruns like Bonds.

Also Clemens started taking them before being a yankee."

Who let this genius make an account?
Well....excuses excuses...ah Bonds still sucks.

Posted by: jrd4 (http://profile.typepad.com/jrd4) | February 07, 2009 at 11:33 AM (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/02/a-rods-contract.html#comment-147975887)

Bondsgloves
02-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Damon's ex wife came out and said he was user.... Obviously Giambi and Clemens didn't stop using when he was a yankee. Clemens was accused by his former trainer of using steroids as a Yankee. Remember Clemens insisted that the trainer follow him to NY just like Giambi's trainer followed him to new NY.

As far as Bonds still sucks. Why are you collecting Ankiel, wasn't his name linked to Steroids? He failed as a pitcher, heck the guys not even an AllStar on or off the juice...

cigarman44
02-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Damon's ex wife came out and said he was user.... Obviously Giambi and Clemens didn't stop using when he was a yankee. Clemens was accused by his former trainer of using steroids as a Yankee. Remember Clemens insisted that the trainer follow him to NY just like Giambi's trainer followed him to new NY.

As far as Bonds still sucks. Why are you collecting Ankiel, wasn't his name linked to Steroids? He failed as a pitcher, heck the guys not even an AllStar on or off the juice...

If you could read I said that wasn't my quote and I agree with him stating the excuses that the Yankee fans will make for A-Rod. The comment about Bonds was not mine. I have not once defended or made excuses for Rick's useage of HGH in 2004. I could care less what the guy did and Im not going to spend a whole saturday morning like Yank's trying to defend a guy who could give a rats ass about me and the pieces of his that I collect. Rick's story inspires me and through a close contact of his I have found out he is a great guy regardless of his decisions.

yanks12025
02-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Well you have to support your team/players no matter what. Thats what Bonds fan's did and they still do because they think he's still clean. All i want was better proof then these writers we never heard of and also the other 103 names. I want to see Ortiz's, Manny, all of them on the list because then boston fans can't talk back(but im sure baseball will cover it up).

Also i noticed i was spelling steroids wrong, my bad.

3arod13
02-07-2009, 04:45 PM
If proven to be factual, yes I will be disappointed.
For me, it's sad that anyone with Arod's ability and talent, would even think of using performance enhancing drugs. His performance year after year (yes, I know, not in the post season :)) shows he doesn't need them. Since 2004, he has been tested, and his performance shows he doesn't need them.

I told my wife, back when Arod was interviewed by Katie Currick. When she asked Arod have you ever use performance enhancing drugs, he looked away from her, paused, and then turned back to her and said No. I told my wife, why think about it? Why hesitate? It was at that point I always wondered.

Will I dump my Arod stuff? No!

Regards, Tony

suicide_squeeze
02-07-2009, 04:54 PM
[quote=yanks12025;122140]Well you have to support your team/players no matter what. Thats what Bonds fan's did and they still do because they think he's still clean.

With all due respect to all of the fine posters here.......

..........ANYONE who still believes Bonds is "clean" in regards to using steroids or performance enhancing drugs........you need to seek help immediately.

From this moment forward, Bonds is paying a TON of money to pay a bunch of lawyers to come up with "doubt" in any way they can twist the facts to get him off for lying to the grand jury about his obvious steroid use.

I am NOT placing "judgement" or giving my opinion of Barry Bonds in any way, shape, or form. I am simply stating the obvious. Fan or not, he used, there is ample proof everywhere you look, and that's it.

suicide_squeeze
02-07-2009, 04:56 PM
If proven to be factual, yes I will be disappointed.
For me, it's sad that anyone with Arod's ability and talent, would even think of using performance enhancing drugs. His performance year after year (yes, I know, not in the post season :)) shows he doesn't need them. Since 2004, he has been tested, and his performance shows he doesn't need them.

I told my wife, back when Arod was interviewed by Katie Currick. When she asked Arod have you ever use performance enhancing drugs, he looked away from her, paused, and then turned back to her and said No. I told my wife, why think about it? Why hesitate? It was at that point I always wondered.

Will I dump my Arod stuff? No!

Regards, Tony

GOOD for you, Tony!!!

A man with conviction.....I like it!!!

Steve

kellsox
02-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Well you have to support your team/players no matter what. Thats what Bonds fan's did and they still do because they think he's still clean. All i want was better proof then these writers we never heard of and also the other 103 names. I want to see Ortiz's, Manny, all of them on the list because then boston fans can't talk back(but im sure baseball will cover it up).

Says who??? Failed tests were confirmed by 4 people. This writer that you never heard of is a Senior writer for SI. They would not go with a story this big unless it was legit. Every player from this era will be looked at with suspicion and nobody should be surprised when other names do come out. What do the other 103 names have to do with Arod's positive test?? I'm sure there have been users on every team/every year in the majors for the last 20 years(yes even on the Red Sox). Loyalty is blinding you from the reality of what is going on.

cohibasmoker
02-07-2009, 05:03 PM
The steroid issue is Major League Baseballs version of the shell game. The players say see the union, the union says see the Commissioners Office and the Commissioners Office says - its a contractual issue and we can't comment - see the union.

Round and round we go - where it stops nobody knows.

In the meanwhile, all of the major actors in this little game have "performance" contracts. Interesting.

Jim

3arod13
02-07-2009, 05:06 PM
As repoted on MLB.COM..."Alex Rodriguez ALLEGEDLY tested positive for steroids."

If and/or when factual proof shows that Arod used in 2003, then there's nothing to argue about. Facts are facts.

I'll just wait and see what more is to come.

It's a sad day for this Arod fan!

Regards, Tony

Rboitano
02-07-2009, 05:13 PM
He isnt coming out and denying the positive test. I can imagine Arod game used items have just become more affordable. He was informed of the news on thursday from what I have heard.

ironmanfan
02-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Tony:

Didn't you stop collecting Juan Gonzales items due to his involvement with steroids?

yanks12025
02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
You quotes me for saying;
Originally Posted by yanks12025 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=122140#post122140)

Kellsox,
Based on what you bolded it sounds like if any of the red sox's failed a drug test that you would just kick them to the side and forget about them. So say Ortiz's name is one of the 104 you would give up on him and not support him anymore.

frikativ54
02-07-2009, 06:47 PM
An earlier poster called what Pettitte did "weak". I whole-heartedly disagree. Unlike Bonds, et al. Andy Pettitte was man enough to admit that he had made mistakes in his career. I certainly still have respect for the guy, and I have never been a huge Pettitte fan. It's guys like Clemens that I can't stand. I remember somewhere reading that Jeff Bagwell said that 80% of MLB players had done the juice at one point or another during their careers. I honestly doubt if anybody is clean. But I'd like to see that list of 103 names; who else is on there that needs to be implicated?

-Frik

schubert1970
02-07-2009, 06:49 PM
He isnt coming out and denying the positive test. I can imagine Arod game used items have just become more affordable. He was informed of the news on thursday from what I have heard.

Actully, he can't say much of anything since there is an agreement between MLPA and MLB about this particular testing in 2003. Neither one can ever make a comment directly about the players involved.

frikativ54
02-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Actully, he can't say much of anything since there is an agreement between MLPA and MLB about this particular testing in 2003. Neither one can ever make a comment directly about the players involved.

I think the testing should become public because baseball players were involved in CRIMINAL activities. Athletes in violation of the drug laws should be punished equally as those who are punished with, say, possession of marijuana. Just because these guys have dinero, doesn't mean they should get off easily.

HENMICK44
02-07-2009, 07:43 PM
anyone interested in a Arod game used Texas Ranger bat!!!!!!!!!!!!
Henmick44@optonline.net

cohibasmoker
02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
I think the testing should become public because baseball players were involved in CRIMINAL activities. Athletes in violation of the drug laws should be punished equally as those who are punished with, say, possession of marijuana. Just because these guys have dinero, doesn't mean they should get off easily.

Know why these guys have dinero? Because we the fans put the money in their pockets. When all of this alleged doping was going on who was benefiting?

-The players;
-commissioner;
-player's unions; and,
-the owners.

Was there a conspiracy among the above suspects? I don't know but a lot of people sure did benefit from the baseball's version of don't ask, don't tell policy. As for the mystical list of 103, with the exception of Barry Bonds, can anyone tell me how many players have actually been prosecuted or banned from baseball for using steroids?

In closing, the mystical list of dopers should be 104 - the missing entry is us- the fans. We are the ones who are paying for their lifestyles. So the next time you go to a game and pay $15.00 to park, $7.50 for a Hot Dog, $8.00 for a beer and $40.00 for the ticket, as you are walking through the parking lot - look at the ticket and ask yourself - Am I on dope?

Jim

frikativ54
02-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Definitely Bagwell is on the list.

Do you have credible sources that say that? If Bagwell was on that list, he should be punished no differently than all the rest. I have my suspicions about Bagwell, but until you can show me the link where he's definitively tested positive like A-Rod, I won't presume he's guilty.

otismalibu
02-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Chicks dig the long ball.

As for raisin nuts...

Paging Madonna!

frikativ54
02-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Chicks dig the long ball.

Someone needs to destroy that myth. I love a good inside-the-park HR, the suicide squeeze, and the liner down the left-field line. Not to mention good, dominating pitching, lots of strikeouts, and acrobatic catches.

jetersbatboy
02-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Do you have credible sources that say that? If Bagwell was on that list, he should be punished no differently than all the rest. I have my suspicions about Bagwell, but until you can show me the link where he's definitively tested positive like A-Rod, I won't presume he's guilty.

Frik you say show me the evidence, but there is none to speak of. Right now all there is here say. Show me the documents that have AROD testing positive, no one has seen them. It's a rumor from a secret source. Till you have a hard copy in hand thats all it is a rumor!!!!!! Now do I think AROD used ROIDS YES!!!! But can I say for sure NO. But till the hard copy is released, is just a rumor

Heres a Rumor on Bagwell

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/05/24/2008-05-24_sources_kelly_blair_made_boasts_about_ju.html

yanks12025
02-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Jetersbatboy,
I agree with you 100%.

3arod13
02-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Tony:

Didn't you stop collecting Juan Gonzales items due to his involvement with steroids?

No. I sold my Juan Gonzalez collection well before his name was ever mentioned with steroids. I sold my Juan Gonzalez collection and stated collecting Arod.

Bondsgloves
02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Does A-Fraud get in the Hall of Fame? How does A-Rod come out of this ok, He will forever be associated with steroids?

How can you exclude Bonds, McGwire, and Clemens if you think A-Rod will get in Hall of Fame. Plus there is 104 other names that will sooner or later surface.

Honestly I don't care who was using anymore, I think the entire era should be thought of as the steroid era and we should all move on. No matter who was using these guys were great players with or without steroids. Players will contine to do whatever is necessary to get the edge legal or illegal, there is just to much money in the game.

joelsabi
02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
I am trying to gather information about this reporter. I found this interesting read on Selena Roberts, the writer who broke this story.

http://select.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/sports/31roberts.html?_r=1&ref=
http://www.timeswatch.org/articles/2007/20070326114135.aspx

I also find it interesting that she has a book coming out soon on ARod as well.

http://www.harpercollins.com/authors/35673/Selena_Roberts/index.aspx

According to Bob Costa's interview of Selena Roberts, there is a larger story coming out in Sports Illustrated next week. I didnt get any new information from the interview and I doubt I will get anything new from the article in SI but I will read it to see for myself. Selena seem to elaborate that the Texas team had a well known culture of steroid use in the organization at around that time. Didn't Jose Canseco already say this?

The only thing that is new is this 104 player list. If this list of 104 players is sealed, then I am curious as to who had access to this list of 104 players. If these tests were anonymous, did any of the players who tested know the results of the tests? If not then who had access to this list and who would be willing to share this information with Selena? Why didn't the source reveal more than just 1 name on the list to Selena?

Mr.3000
02-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Greatest player ever? Why is that? Because he has so many intangibles? He is a great base runner? He is a great third baseman? He is one of the clutchest players of his time? Um no, no, no, and no again. A-Rod is a stat stuffer who will undoubtedly break the HR record and go into the Hall depending on how big this steroid use blows up. But I just cannot reason that a guy who continually comes up small at the plate in nearly every clutch at bat is the greatest ever. Especially when he is mediocre in all other phases. Personally he isn't even in my top 25 and it isn't that I dislike the guy because I don't.

Stat stuffer? Yea he's a "stat stuffer" as the youngest player ever to reach 500 hr's. Give me a break. Stat stuffers are players who play til 42-43 that should have hung them up years ago and stick around picking up 80 hits here, 100 hits there....9 hrs here, 12 hr's there. A-rod is what...33? and in his prime. He is FAR from a stat stuffer. Please know the definition of a term before using it. Yea, he's a stat stuffer alright.

He'll be the 5th player ever to have 3000 hits/500hr's. He may reach 400 SB's which is a decent feat in itself. He'll more than likely wind up with 2500+ rbi.

Greatest 3B's? Not quite. But how about him being one of the best SS's of our time.

Do I like that he may have juiced? Not really.

Do I care that he may have juiced? Not really.

He'll just fall into the vunch that define this past era of baseball. Nothing more, nothing less.

Funny how so many LOVE Barry Bonds..a rude, arrogant, racist SOB...who used steroids...but hate A-Rod because he is crude and looks out for numero uno. LOL

Truly funny.

frikativ54
02-07-2009, 11:01 PM
People say that players were good, with or without steroids. But what about those guys whose warning track flies were heading out of the park with the juice? These guys didn't just ruin an era; they cheated the game.

suicide_squeeze
02-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Someone needs to destroy that myth. I love a good inside-the-park HR, the suicide squeeze, and the liner down the left-field line. Not to mention good, dominating pitching, lots of strikeouts, and acrobatic catches.

Hey.......I have a fan!!!:D :p ;)

schubert1970
02-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Just wanted to lighten this thread up a bit with some jokes I found on the NYPOST web site. Some of these are really creative. Being an AROD fan these made me laugh.....life is too short.

"Start spreading the news, I'm leavin today, I want to be A-FRAUD of it, New York, New York!"

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"

"Sholess isn't in the HOF, big deal"

"Next year Baseball Hall of Fame should induct THE ASTERICK"

schubert1970
02-08-2009, 12:14 AM
I also find it interesting that she has a book coming out soon on ARod as well.

http://www.harpercollins.com/authors/35673/Selena_Roberts/index.aspx

The only thing that is new is this 104 player list. If this list of 104 players is sealed, then I am curious as to who had access to this list of 104 players. If these tests were anonymous, did any of the players who tested know the results of the tests? If not then who had access to this list and who would be willing to share this information with Selena? Why didn't the source reveal more than just 1 name on the list to Selena?

Total hit job comming. It won't be the first or last that arod will deal with, everyone wants to knock off the person on top. Great research!!

frikativ54
02-08-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey.......I have a fan!!!:D :p ;)

LOL! :p

joelsabi
02-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Total hit job comming. It won't be the first or last that arod will deal with, everyone wants to knock off the person on top.

Selena mention this six degree of separation of scott boras. I looked up this concept on the internet and it says that everyone on Earth is separated from anyone else by no more than six degrees of separation. Basically we are who we associate with is this concept. I bet money that the biggest concept Selena will use in the upcoming article in SI and the book is this six degree of separation idea and she will use it for ARod, in his career and (in her book) personal life.

skyking26
02-08-2009, 10:14 AM
I feel bad for Tony here (arod3). I'm sure with the news he feels pretty bad, that and watching the value of his stuff slide down the tubes.

Someday, I think we'll find out that MANY players are/were on it. That it was an epidemic of the era. Sad, but a statement of the times.

There are guys I do not believe are-were on it. Kingman, Thome, and Dunn...I am guessing they were never on the stuff. JMHO.

3arod13
02-08-2009, 10:54 AM
I feel bad for Tony here (3arod3). I'm sure with the news he feels pretty bad, that and watching the value of his stuff slide down the tubes.

To be honest (and I am being honest), I'm not concerned about stuff or money lost in stuff I bought. I'm more dissappointed in Arod even using performance enhancing drugs.

I also wish he would step up and admit it (if true) and not hide behind the union or anyone or anything else. If you did it, admit it. Why wait? Take responsibility!

Yes, I'm very dissapointed in all this. Actually heartbroken. I looked up to Arod as a dedicated, hardworking baseball player who loved the game.

This is truly devistating to me.

You will not hear any excuses, reasoning, or justification from me. If proven true, facts are facts.

Regards, Tony

Mr.3000
02-08-2009, 11:15 AM
To be honest (and I am being honest), I'm not concerned about stuff or money lost in stuff I bought. I'm more dissappointed in Arod even using performance enhancing drugs.

I also wish he would step up and admit it (if true) and not hide behind the union or anyone or anything else. If you did it, admit it. Why wait? Take responsibility!

Yes, I'm very dissapointed in all this. Actually heartbroken. I looked up to Arod as a dedicated, hardworking baseball player who loved the game.

You will not hear any excuses, reasoning, or justification from me. If proven true, facts are facts.

Regards, Tony

A truly classy response from a true fan and collector. Thank you.

nyjetsfan14
02-08-2009, 11:43 AM

Regards, Tony

While I certainly do not condone the use of steroids or like substances I do not condemn those who did use/try them to be more competitive/successful. Was it wrong and dangerous, of course we now know it was but just because someone made that choice does not mean he wasn't or isn't a hard working and/or dedicated player or a good person for that matter. We are all flawed and have all made mistakes. You cannot expect these men to be perfect. There have been many imperfections throughout the great history of baseball and this era is just another one of those. Not every choice we make in life is going to be the correct or moral choice. Players like McGwire, Pettite, A-Rod did not spit in a womans face like Larry Johnson, they didn't disparage the country in a pot induced stuper like Josh Howard, they were not involved in a double homicide like Ray Lewis, they did not destroy their organizations through selfishness like T.O. They did not fix games like Tim Donaghy. They are not Steve Howe or Denny McClain. I am not defending anyone nor am I judging them either, there obviously are plenty of perfect people out there doing that already. The important thing is the game is making the changes needed to clean things up. What happened 5 years ago was just that, 5 years ago. Just my personal opinions.

joelsabi
02-08-2009, 11:46 AM

Regards, Tony

nice sentiments. i too hope he take the high road if true. i also hope he breaks the news to kate couric if true.

joecoco
02-08-2009, 12:19 PM
I agree. Tony has always been a class act! - Joe Cocozzella

skyking26
02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
While I still collect McGwire's stuff, I feel the same way about him as Tony does about Arod. Sick. All the guy had to do was talk at the congressional hearing instead of the stupid responses his lawyers told him. He'd be in a different place now.

Arod should learn from others. Choice is his.

JasonM33
02-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Gee, Arod on steroids? Get out of town. lol

I've been saying for the longest time that these guys are damn near all on steroids. Even the skinny ones who don't look it. I'll repeat. You don't get that strong, that big, that lean, and that fast, all at the same time.

I am a Jose Canseco fan since I was a kid. He was entertaining. I loved watching him. However, at this point, all the steroid stuff has essentially ruined the game. Stats and records are so much a part of the appeal of baseball. I can't bring myself to watch a baseball game anymore. It's ruined.

Also, lets not pretend that we know who took what and when because we don't. We don't have any idea of who "needs it" or what they might have done without them. The fact is, they did do it, and probably for a lot longer than people think. History keeps repeating itself and there are a lot of people that still seem to be in denial about it.

3arod13
02-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Family and friends have asked me...

* Are you going to sell all of your Arod Stuff?
* Are you going to change your license plate?

Answer to both of these questions is no.

I still like Arod and will still continue to root for him as a player and continue to collect his stuff. Don't agree with what he did, but I can forgive him for that. He made a mistake (bad choice), like many of us have done in life, so I won't turn my back on him. I do hope he takes the right path and deals with this in a possitive way. Learn from it...and move on.

Regards, Tony

Mr.3000
02-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Tony,

Where in Virginia?

3arod13
02-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Tony,

Where in Virginia?

Live in Great Bridge, Chesapeake.

schubert1970
02-08-2009, 02:32 PM
:mad: Why do people think everthing in baseball is sacrosanct, when it never has been.....

After watching more news coverage today, I'm a little sick of hearing how steroids ruined baseball. I guess for some people, history only begins when they are born. Remember, this is the same game that wouldn't allow the participation of African Americans. I'm sure writers and others believed that by allowing AA's to play baseball, records would be ruined and the game tarnished. I could name other numerous examples of changes in baseball that were going to ruin the integrity of the game. Just another chapter.........:mad:

Mr.3000
02-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Live in Great Bridge, Chesapeake.

I see. About 2 hrs from me. Little country bumpkin town of Culpeper ;) lol

2000mvpfan
02-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Tony-
Glad to see you're sticking by your guy.As a Giambi collector,I know it's a tough thing...but what the hell,these guys are human too and allowed to make mistakes.A-Rod needs to take the Giambi-Pettitte road and fess up though...both those guys did,took the hit and were able to move on,and in Giambi's case even his good-guy reputation went pretty much untarnished.Granted,A-Rod is far above the level of those 2 guys,but the same should apply.
And on the plus side,you might be able to get a few items at lower prices-I know I was able to during the backlash!!

Joe

Bondsgloves
02-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Not surprising at all.

Greatest Player without an asterisk? What are you referring to.
A-Rod is just as guilty as Clemens, McGwire, Bonds, Sheffield, Palmeiro.

If your going to exclude these players from the HOF, you have to exclude A-Rod. In Fact A-Rods offensive numbers never really spiked, so there is a more than likely chance he has been using them his whole career.

2000mvpfan
02-08-2009, 02:55 PM
:mad: Why do people think everthing in baseball is sacrosanct, when it never has been.....

After watching more news coverage today, I'm a little sick of hearing how steroids ruined baseball. I guess for some people, history only begins when they are born. Remember, this is the same game that wouldn't allow the participation of African Americans. I'm sure writers and others believed that by allowing AA's to play baseball, records would be ruined and the game tarnished. I could name other numerous examples of changes in baseball that were going to ruin the integrity of the game. Just another chapter.........:mad:

Schubert-
The problem I have with it is the hypocrisy of it all by MLB.When baseballs were being launched out in record numbers and business was booming because,let's face it,we all dig the long ball,they turned a blind eye while knowing EXACTLY what was going on regardless of what they might say.As soon as it hit the fan though,the game's biggest sluggers of that era were thrown to the wolves unjustly just to have someone to blame for a black eye on the face of the game.
They need to move on..put the Hall worthy guys in and accept the fact they played in an era where what they did was certainly,if not quietly,OK with MLB at the time.

Joe

Mr.3000
02-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Greatest Player without an asterisk? What are you referring to.
A-Rod is just as guilty as Clemens, McGwire, Bonds, Sheffield, Palmeiro.

If your going to exclude these players from the HOF, you have to exclude A-Rod. In Fact A-Rods offensive numbers never really spiked, so there is a more than likely chance he has been using them his whole career.

Pretty ridiculous assumption.

yanks12025
02-08-2009, 03:01 PM
If these tests results were supposed to stay anonymous, then why did MLB put the names next to the results. They should have just taken the samples from the players and never wrote the name down of who gave it.

And i think there would be more proof if he took them his whole career. Your just mad because Bonds will still be hated and Bonds is still more of a fraud.

Bondsgloves
02-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Don't you think its a ridiculous assumption that he took steroids 1 time in 2003. Give me a break. In 2003 he knew he was going to be tested along with everyone else and he still failed. Espn reported he was tipped off in 2004 of the date he would be tested. The Rangers strength coach had a feeling A-Rod was on the juice.

Don't kid yourself if you think he was only using for one year.

In 2004 the players who failed the 2003 drug test were notified including A-Rod. He didn't take the high road and admit he failed, he continued to deny he had every used steroids. A-Rod is no different than Bonds, Clemens, and McGwire.

Whether he used once or his whole career, it was illegal and he just as guilty as next guy.

Quit defending him because your a fan.

Bondsgloves
02-08-2009, 03:13 PM
If these tests results were supposed to stay anonymous, then why did MLB put the names next to the results. They should have just taken the samples from the players and never wrote the name down of who gave it.

And i think there would be more proof if he took them his whole career. Your just mad because Bonds will still be hated and Bonds is still more of a fraud.

Your just bitter because you talk a lot of S--- and your guy and your team are now caught. I never said Bonds didn't use. Who has the home run record, single season record, 7 MVPS, hate all you want, they were both using. Your just mad because you rooted for a bunch of frauds, now man up.

You know more information is going to come up now. Do you really think every sports channel, Ny Post, and A-Rod having no comment, makes him look any less guilty.

3arod13
02-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I see. About 2 hrs from me. Little country bumpkin town of Culpeper ;) lol

Our son lives in Woodbridge. He's an engineer working at Quantico.

Mr.3000
02-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Our son lives in Woodbridge. He's an engineer working at Quantico.

My brother-in-law is a Lt. Col. at Quantico. Well, he just retired a few weeks ago. I'm over there pretty often.

Bondsgloves
02-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Tony arod13,

I think you have the right attitude about this whole mess. I went through a similar experience when Bonds was in the same mess. Let me tell you it actually turned out to be good for me as a collector. I bout many items at a heavily discounted price, some of these items may have never been available or not in my price range. Tony I think from reading your post your a class act as of fan! Let people say what they will or persoanlly attack ARod, if you enjoy collecting his items continue to do so!

When its all said and done we appreciate what these guys do on the field. I could careless what they do off the field or what they put in thier body. In the end is entertainment and some people want to bring these guys down anyway they can. Their human, look at Michael Phelps. I could careless who's takin what. Shit with the money these guys make 25 Million a year, I think most people that knock Bonds or ARod would do the same thing if 100"s of millions was on the table.

JasonM33
02-08-2009, 07:24 PM
I agree for the most part. What I don't like is how the fans and Major League Baseball play favorites and pick and choose who is a hall of famer and who is a piece of crap scumbag. It is total hipocricy. What's good for one guy should be good for everyone. A lot of people think Bonds and Canseco are jerks so they get s**t on while other people get a free pass. They are all cheaters.