PDA

View Full Version : Chinese description writing HELP on a game used player hat

DantleyHOF
02-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi Forum,
I have a 2008 Hung-Wen Chen (Daytona Cubs ’A’) BP minor league game used baseball hat. He is from Taiwan. I am trying to figure out the writing inside the cap. Can anyone help me? Here is the picture of the inside bill. Have a nice day. B.F.

DantleyHOF
02-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi Forum,

Still need help on this. Please help. Have a nice day. B.F.

metsbats
02-16-2009, 09:06 AM
I"m Chinese but completely illiterate in it.

I sent this writing to my contact in China who built the Mr. Met head for me and asked him for his translation.

metsbats
02-16-2009, 10:28 AM
My daughter is taking chinese in middle school.

Her attempt at a translation is

First char "see"
2nd char "3"
last char could be "small", "petty" ,"young"

Will wait to see what my man in Beijing says.

metsbats
02-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Wow! Those middle school chinese lession are paying off.

Here's the translation I got from Beijing.

The words on the pictures may have no any meanings... first is "look" or " see", the second is "three", and the last is probably the "small", when they are placed together, may be someone's nick name on website, actually no any meaning.

flaco1801
02-16-2009, 12:34 PM
says "press one to speak english"

GarkoCollector
02-17-2009, 09:45 AM
I showed this to a friend of mine. He said that it reminded him of a thing that some people from Taiwan write to "remind them of home." I should have written it down but it has something to do with "Seeing the 3 small links" and its regarding having a memory of traveling from Taiwan to China. I will ask him again and post. It doesnt make sense to me but I figured I would post it.

DantleyHOF
02-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Thank you Metsbats, your daughter, your contact in China, Flaco1801, & GarkoCollector. I thought it was the player last name and his uniform number under the bill. Have a nice night. B.F.