PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell Bat - Brian please help!!!

ultimetfan
02-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just saw this listing on ebay and was hoping the bat was misattributed, but is there anyway this could be a John Mitchell, and not a Kevin Mitchell?

Click here: Game Used Kevin Mitchell Louisville Slugger Bat - eBay (item 150325454721 end time Feb-13-09 12:54:15 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150325454721)

I spoke to David (MetsBats) and Nick (TNT) who both said its Kevin, but I was hoping (wishing, pleading) that it might be John Mitchell

Brian, if you can help, can you tell me if John ever ordered I13? I know he ordered c243, but maybe my wishful thinking will be true?

Thanks, Everyone.

Best,
Jessie

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR:

METS CATCHER ITEMS
TIM BURKE METS ITEMS
Bats from: Bruce Berenyl, Ed Lynch, Randy Niemann, Rick Anderson, John Mitchell
Bats from members of the 2000 Mets

BMH
02-07-2009, 09:28 PM
John Mitchell never ordered an I13. Kevin on the other hand ordered for many years along with the C243.

metsbats
02-07-2009, 11:12 PM
John Mitchell never ordered an I13. Kevin on the other hand ordered for many years along with the C243.

I had a "MITCHELL" bat model C243 which John Mitchell's no 43 on it.

This is the bat which i cannot seem to find in my house now:mad:

It was obtained from Chris Boyd who is a member here.

When I presented Kevin Mitchell my I13 bat for him to sign he definitely recognized it as his model bat and commented it was Ray Knight model of bat too.

BTW if anyone comes across a MITCHELL C243 with #43 on the knob it may have walk from my house or I sent it out to a buyer by mistake!

PLMK.

ultimetfan
02-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks Brian, and David I am sorry, hope it gets returned!

I had hoped that the knob was blacked out since maybe John had picked it up, but someone reminded me that Mitchell wore 32 before the better known 7.

If anyone has a John Mitchell out there, I know two or three collectors (myself included) that would be interested.

Best,
Jessie

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR METS CATCHER ITEMS and bats from: Bruce Berenyl, Ed Lynch, Randy Niemann, Rick Anderson, John Mitchell as well as from members of the 2000 Mets

Also interested in Tim Burke Mets GU items

metsbats
01-14-2021, 03:33 PM
I found my John Mitchell bat and it had fallen into the back of a closet behind clothing😀.

the model is K48.