PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Braves blue road jersey question

TNTtoys
02-09-2009, 12:06 PM
All,

Should an 83 road blue Braves jersey have a NOB?

Please refer to this jersey... The seller doesn't appear to have any idea what it is he's selling (nor does he appear to have any idea about other jerseys he is selling, as he indicates that they could be minor league jerseys, major league jerseys, game used, game issued, etc.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290294214003

Thanks
Nick

TNTtoys
02-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I have received email today stating that the jersey (if it were a true 1983 road gamer) would have had a name on back. This jersey is likely nothing but one of those common size 42 salesman's samples that made it into the hobby and now people don't know the difference.
I wrote to the seller, and I hope that (with this new information) he will change his description accordingly.

TNTtoys
02-10-2009, 10:06 AM
The seller added a comment indicating that several of us notified him that the jersey is not game issued or game used... however, the item received a bid before he was able to do this... so the title and original description that both state that the jersey is "game used" stands. Please bid accordingly...

flaco1801
02-10-2009, 11:25 AM
wilson salesman samples would have a tag below the wilson label.the tag would describe by by numbers the lettering and numbers. the tag might be blank from washings but the remnant of it should still be there, if it were a salesman sample.