X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • momen55
    • Aug 2006

shill bidding?

look at this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Baseball-Bat-LOU...QQcmdZViewItem.

i have been watching this and the other style plate for the past 3-4 auctions. there is no doubt that there is shill bidding going on. the same people bid it up, but never win it.

the starting bid is by an ebayer that has started the past auctions as well. the last plate to sell was the H&B one for $96. and this person along with another bid it up.
  • NEFAN
    • Jul 2008

Re: shill bidding?

Unfortunatley, eBay does nothing to stop this. They even made it harde to spot by hiding bidder ID's.

Comment

• Lokee
      Banned
      • May 2008

ACTUALLY

Ebay has done alot to stop shill bidding. they will eventually get caught. Email Ebay and tell them you have a hunch and they will look into it. I had a similiar issue and the seller is no longer registered after I reported it. Your email has to make it to the right person so if at first you get no response try again.

Comment

• PhilipCohen
        • Jul 2008

Shill Bidding on eBay: A Case Study

Actually, eBay has done absolutely nothing to stop shill bidding:

Shill Bidding on eBay: A Case Study

For anyone that is interested, a case study of an instance of blatant shill bidding on eBay, and a detailed comment on eBay’s apparent attitude thereto, at http://www.auctionbytes.com/forum/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=24033

Comment

• spartakid
          • Oct 2008

The auction has been removed.
          Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• PhilipCohen
            • Jul 2008

Sorry, I reactivated an old thread with a new example of shill bidding; regardless, eBay auction data only remains accessible for 90 days.

Comment

Working...