PDA

View Full Version : Why are there so many Relists in AMI Auctions?

Canseco44
02-09-2009, 08:12 PM
I have noticed, especially in the last auction to close, that AMI relists alot of items that have sold in the past. In the last auction, I would be willing to bet almost 25% of there items had been listed in one of there past auctions at some point. I know at least half of the Canseco items were listed in the past as well as the Alworth jersey, E. Smith jersey, Dickerson jersey, all three Manning jerseys, OJ Simpson jersey, Robinho soccer jersey, and several other things I can't think of right now. Does anyone know why this is? I won the Canseco Red Sox ALDS game worn uniform for $1,223 and noticed it sold back in 2004 for the exact same price. Also both of the game used Canseco batting helmets(which I believe to be fakes) sold in the past. I would appreciate anyones help on this. This happens in every auction they have.

Thanks, Todd Ricks

MichaelofSF
02-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Todd,
My guess, and this is only a guess/theory as I have no actual proof, is that the items that are relisted did not meet the hidden reserves in the previous auction. Sometimes when you bid you may be bidding against a bid that was placed on behalf of the consigner:

"
Reserve Auctions
Unless explicitly stated otherwise by AMI, each Lot is being sold with reserve as a reserve auction. These terms are applicable to all reserve auctions. AMI and seller reserve the right to withdraw any property before and during the sale of such property. The seller also reserves the right to reject any and all bids for any reason. The reserve price may not be disclosed. All bids are raised in ten percent (10%) increments and AMI, at its sole and complete discretion, may reject a nominal bid advance. AMI reserves the right to place a bid on any Lot on behalf of the seller up to the amount of the reserve, if any. AMI will not specifically identify bids placed on behalf of the seller.

Reserves
All Lots are being sold with a "reserve," a price below which the Lot will not be sold. Any bid submitted below the reserve price will not result in the purchase of a Lot. "

that was from their website (auction rules). Hope that helps

sammy
02-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I would venture an opinion that AMI shill bids the price up until they are the high bidder.

No one else bids, and thus, AMI is the winner and relists the item in future auction.

AMI probably owns these items, or tells the consignors some BS story about the "buyer" not paying.