Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flack5150
    • Jan 2009

Ebay - Roethlisberger Game used cleats

What's everyone's opinion on these being legit gamers?

• GarkoCollector
    • Sep 2008

Re: Ebay - Roethlisberger Game used cleats

I will say first of all that the signature is highly unlikely to be authentic. I've known Ben since 2001 and have 30+ autographed items of his. The signature isnt really even close. The B and R are both off and the size is wrong.

As far as the authenticity of them being game issue shoes, that I dont know.

Comment

• dcgreg25
      • Jan 2008

From a quick look at Getty, they appear to be a style match to the ones he wore in that game. However, I would be very careful given the issues Garko mentioned with the autograph and the fact that there is absolutely nothing offered to validate the story the seller is telling. As its been mentioned many times on this board, Steelers stuff is very difficult to come by. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• mvandor
        Banned
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by flack5150
        What's everyone's opinion on these being legit gamers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEN-ROETHLISBERG...QQcmdZViewItem
        When I researched a pair of Jerry Rice cleats I was buying, I contacted Nike and they were very helpful in dating them and verifying they were Pro models, not retails. These have already been photomatched to style, you might ask Nike support if they were available outside of the Steelers or not.

Might also review Getty to see if any other Steelers sported identical cleats, could be from a lesser player and attributed to BR for a payday.

Comment

• flack5150
          • Jan 2009

Thanks for the tips and feedback.

Comment

Working...