PDA

View Full Version : TRISTAR Collectors Show in San Francisco...info needed

cjw
02-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi..I am heading to San Fran (April 30 - May 4 inclusive) and was hoping to hear from other collectors, feedback about past TriStar shows They are hosting one at the Cow Palace May 1-3 with a small but impressive line up of MLB'ers/HOF'ers.

Good show in the past? Decent # of vendor tables?

Also heading to at least two Giants/Rockies games that weekend, and have never been to San Fran before. Any advice on seating in the stadium, palces to eat befoe after the game etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks!

eGameUsed
02-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Good thread! I too will be going to the San Fran show. I can't attest for this particular show, but can say that the boys at Tri-Star do a great job bringing in quality guests. Prices will be steep, but guys like Randy Johnson and Willie Mays got me interested. I have been to every show that Tri-Star put on in Houston since 1992. It has been neat watching them grow. I sure do miss my $45 Mantle autograph ticket in 1992 though.

Any area recommendations for Hotels, other attractions, etc. will be appreciated!

Thanks,

tmpjets
02-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Crowds will be somewhat smaller than a show from a couple years back with players like Montana,Rice,Young and etc. But I due have some hope with Willie and Randy being there. But yes prices will be very high even in this economy. Sports shows and Stars cant even give a collector a $10 or $20 dollar brake. I mean come on, but the table are somewhat good and you might find some really good trades/buys/sells as I have had in the past shows even for a smalltime young collector.

cjw
02-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Thanks!