PDA

View Full Version : Where Are The Grey Flannel Posts Eric?

sammy
04-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Eric,

Why did you delete the discussion about Grey Flannel and their internal operations from the former recent employee?

I find this internal information in regard to national auction houses very interesting and informative.

The guy stated first hand facts and his personal opinions. Thought that was what you always preached in these threads?

Eric
04-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey everyone-

I took the thread down temporarily from a friend's PDA (I was not at my computer and it was the easiest way for me to handle it at that moment). Chris and I have been in contact and have determined how we're going to handle this.

Here's what we have determined:
A posting containing claims of this nature is going to require a few things.

1) I need to hear from Blackbeard personally to verify he is who he says he is.

2) Blackbeard needs to sign his real name his posts on this thread.

Comments like this cannot come from an anonymous source. If you are willing to call out other people you can sign your name to it.

If he does both of these things, the thread will be re-instated, however some comments which are personal attacks will be removed from the thread.

There is value to knowing how an auction house does business. Personal attacks and judgments have nothing to do with this discussion and will be removed.

Eric

R. C. Walker
04-15-2006, 05:53 PM
I agree with Eric’s decision to delete the GF post or at least until the individual stands behind his statements rather than facade of “Greybeard”. Anything and everything he claims is hearsay until that point.

Secondly, I personally am in no need of “dirt” from a disgruntled former employee. Anyone here interested in how many massages so and so gets in a day? How it felt working for an individual? Most of all, do we want to see this Forum to turn into a “gossip” column? If you have been in this hobby long enough, you probably have a “story” regarding an erroneous authentication. Likewise, unless you are a novice collecting uniforms, you have already formed an opinion regarding them.

For the people unfamiliar with GF, I’m sure you could get a somewhat unbiased opinion from any GU Forum member.

Eric
04-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Blackbeard-

Your response is confusing to me- You have no problem throwing other people's names and personal habits around (some which have nothing to do with our subject matter), which could affect their livelihood and reputation, but won't sign your name at the bottom because you're worried about your own?

If you read the forum rules, everyone is responsible for their posts. You need to provide concrete proof that you are who you say you are. You cannot throw a bomb and hide behind anonymity. I emailed you and sent you a private message and you have not responded to me.

Also, you have given so much information about yourself voluntarily with your previous post (amount of time you worked at GF, what you did etc) that the people at GF will easily know who you are. Who are you looking to protect yourself from by not signing your name to these posts?

Another point- when you registered for the site, you provided your first and last name, which are listed in the Hobby Network section of the Game Used Universe toolbar. It's available for anyone to look up.

I stand by what I wrote before- if you can prove to me who you are then we can proceed with the sharing of relevant information and education. Otherwise you could be anyone making up stories about GF for any number of reasons.

I can be reached at ecky3@aol.com
Eric

eGameUsed
04-16-2006, 07:34 AM
Eric,

I agree with you 100%. If Black Beard is Joe Picollo then why won't he sign his name to the posts. If he is not disgruntled, what is his agenda? If he doesn't have any interest in the game used hobby, why doesn't he move on? His comments about Richie sounds vindictive and personal? Sounds like Joe can't move on and is looking for revenge? A 40% pay increase must not be enough!

As for Grey Flannel, even though they seem to be pointed out in a negative way so often here, I have had many, many good experiences. I have sold multiple items to them and they have paid more than most collectors were willing to pay. I have also bought some of my best Astros pieces from them, with excellent experiences every time. I have personally met Keith, Richie, and many of the staff of Grey Flannel at various Nationals and was pleased with their knowledge and coutesy.

Thanks,

Chris Boyd
www.eGameUsed.com (http://www.eGameUsed.com)
ccboyd@houston.rr.com
713-385-1155