PDA

View Full Version : Most hammered jersey?

Nathan
04-16-2006, 01:38 PM
I recently picked up a beauty of a jersey and got to thinking....what is the most hammered jersey in your collection?

The jersey I have is a 2002 Tennessee Vols orange football jersey of Keyon Whiteside. Keyon started all 13 games as a linebacker and wore this one for 7 of those games. In the process, he racked up the highest tackle total since 1990, and it looks like every single one of them made an impact on this. It's got a ton of fabric distortions and burn marks, and also no fewer than 17 team repairs. I'd imagine the nameplate had great wear to it as well, but that was removed by the team.:(

I don't think anything can compare to some hockey jerseys (there's some older ones with over 100 repairs), but what's the most destroyed that you own?

Jake51
04-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Great question. Mine would be former Denver Bronco Elijah Alexander's road jersey from the 1994 season. It has 20 team repairs as well as multiple color streaks from helmet hits. The nice thing about all the wear is that it made it easy to photo match it back to his card from that same year!

JackHE
04-17-2006, 07:51 PM
A powder blue Houston Oilers - Gregg Bingham from mid 70s. Solid LB for them . Looks like he fought a war in it. Repairs everywhere.