PDA

View Full Version : Is it strange...?

frikativ54
02-13-2009, 03:26 AM
Calling all glove experts, is it strange for a player not to have his name embroidered on a game-used fielder's glove?

Check out this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Conor-Jackson-Game-Used-Rookie-Glove-2006-Diamondbacks_W0QQitemZ220360494232QQcmdZViewItemQQ ptZVintage_Sports_Memorabilia?hash=item22036049423 2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318) eBay auction.

ahuff
02-13-2009, 07:44 AM
I don't believe it is strange to be lacking the name on a glove. In addition, this glove comes with a COA from Locker Room Memorabilia. I believe they are one of the best for their niche in the market. They don't just pass of junk like some of the others. They include a photo of the player signing the item, and have the player sign off as to what the item is.

I have an Aubrey Huff glove in my collection that does not have his name on it. In addition, I've been searching for minor league gloves and they lack the name, as well. Considering this is a rookie glove, it makes sense that it lacks a name. Just my 2 cents.

allstarsplus
02-13-2009, 08:33 AM
I don't believe it is strange to be lacking the name on a glove. In addition, this glove comes with a COA from Locker Room Memorabilia. I believe they are one of the best for their niche in the market. They don't just pass of junk like some of the others. They include a photo of the player signing the item, and have the player sign off as to what the item is.

I have an Aubrey Huff glove in my collection that does not have his name on it. In addition, I've been searching for minor league gloves and they lack the name, as well. Considering this is a rookie glove, it makes sense that it lacks a name. Just my 2 cents.

During warm-ups I have seen some players use some gloves that were their backup gloves and even gloves they were testing out that had no name embroidered. I suppose they could sell it as game used.?.?.

I just saw a similar glove auction for Tim Redding on eBay that ended yesterday and it was auto'd with no name embroidered.

As far as preferences, I would rather get gloves with the player's name embroidered on them.

suave1477
02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Not all players have there name embroidered on the glove. I believe that is more common if the player has a contract with that particular company.

But just as players are supersticious they may want to stick to using the same glove they have been using for years or so and may have bought the glove themselves before they became a known player. So they may have the glove before a contract was presented to them.

schubert1970
02-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks for checking out my auction. I'm no glove expert, just going on the reputation of LRM and CJ. Here are a few more pics from some ball cards.

Still cool to see the same glove on his rookie cards.:)

schubert1970
02-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Can anyone else find this same glove on another card?