PDA

View Full Version : LOA replacement question

mbenga28
02-16-2009, 04:20 PM
do companies who sell game used items offer replacement LOAs if the original ones get lost or damaged? thanks.

indyred
02-16-2009, 04:36 PM
I would hope not. That could open up a huge can of worms.

mbenga28
02-16-2009, 05:51 PM
well say if I purchase a game used item on Ebay but the seller no longer has the original LOA but the stickers/tagging are still affixed to the item, can't the company issue a replacement LOA? owning this piece doesn't feel complete then.

jetersbatboy
02-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I think PSA/DNA and Steiner do.

indyred
02-16-2009, 09:07 PM
well say if I purchase a game used item on Ebay but the seller no longer has the original LOA but the stickers/tagging are still affixed to the item, can't the company issue a replacement LOA? owning this piece doesn't feel complete then.

What company is it from? Shouldn't have purchased it if the missing LOA was going to bother you. The stickers and tagging should be good enough then. For all you know he still has the LOA and will just sell another jersey and say that one the stickers just fell off. Re issuing LOA could lead to many problems. I would hope most don't do it.

schubert1970
02-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Upper Deck does.

David
02-17-2009, 02:32 AM
If the sticker has a serial number that can be verified online, it's the equivalent to a COA. For an autograph, a sticker is usually considered legitimate authentication documentation.

10thMan
02-17-2009, 07:37 AM
PSA/DNA will replace the COA if the Item has a sticker on it & is in the Database. They replaced mine for 10 bucks, however one gal wanted me to send the Bat etc...I spoke to someone else & she took care of it right over the phone.

May not be the same with a lot of companies.

Sean

xpress34
02-17-2009, 07:56 AM
The Nolan Ryan Foundation quit issuing LOAs about 3 years ago and went stricktly with Holograms in an effort to conserve paper.

Unfortunately, their holograms are NOT serial numbered, but they are tamper proof and will pull apart if someone trys to remove it to put on something else.

As far as PSA/DNA, the LOA/COA shouldn't matter as they can verify if you send it in by looking for their 'invisible marker'.

I agree with a lot of people here though that say re-issuing COA/LOA is a bad idea.

The Colorado Rockies make ONE LOA per GU item they sell - and not only will they NOT replace it, it states on each one to:

"Please be aware that the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club will be unable to aythenticate any subsequent sales or transfers by Buyer to a third party."

What really sucks with that is the fact that it was awell known practice of the Rockies in the 90's to limit the number of jerseys they ordered for players and as a result, there are some GU Rockies Jerseys out there w/ Rockies LOAs that are actually 'Authentics' from the Diamond Dry Goods Store at Coors Field because a player may have signed his last GU jersey for a charity event and the Rockies would sens a clubhouse person to the store to grab the player a jersey off the rack to wear for that game.

Before Majestic started making the jereseys, Rockies Home White 'Club Issued' (wheteher GU or Team Issued) were easy to identify by the cream colored buttons Russell made exclusively for the club that were stamped witht the Colorado Rockies name on each one versus the standard hite Pearlescent buttons on other clubs jerseys and Authentics and Replicas.

Sorry I got a little off topic there... just thought it was some good info to share.

- Chris

TNTtoys
02-17-2009, 09:58 AM
I had this happen once before with a Steiner item, and the way they went about replacing the cert is exactly the way I believed they should.

1. Requested the item back.

2. Removed the old sticker & entry from their database.

3. Affixed a new numbered sticker & wrote new letter with matching numbered sticker affixed to the letter.

cohibasmoker
02-17-2009, 06:07 PM
do companies who sell game used items offer replacement LOAs if the original ones get lost or damaged? thanks.

I sold an item to a guy and I enclosed the LOA at the bottom of the box so it wouldn't have to be folded. The buyer got the item, and tossed the box forgetting about the LOA. I contacted MastroNet and they re-issued a replacement LOA at no extra charge.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net