Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gameu08
    • Sep 2008

thoughts on repairing a cracker bat?

was just wondering on what everyones thoughts were on having a cracked game used bat repaired?

mike
  • gameu08
    • Sep 2008

Re: thoughts on repairing a cracked bat?

that should say cracked not cracker

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

Re: thoughts on repairing a cracker bat?

(Personal Opinion)

I hate it, I think it ruins the bat and ruins the value though my eyes.

For my own personal collection I would never buy a repaired bat, unless I had no choice and it was an extremely rare bat otherwise I would stay away from it.

Comment

• nealdevelopment@yahoo.com
        • Apr 2007

I am the opposite. Who cares if you repair a semi star or common bat.
        My wife and kids and friends like to handle the bats I have and there is nothing worse than someone who is visiting that grabs a broken bat and slides thier hand down the bat and catches a handful or sharp wood in their hand. Repaired broken bats are fine. As long as they are just glued and not sanded or never try to stain a repair. Mine look great.

Comment

• godwulf
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by nealdevelopment@yahoo.com
          Repaired broken bats are fine. As long as they are just glued and not sanded or never try to stain a repair. Mine look great.
          I'm the same way - I will glue a bat together as much as possible, but I have zero interest in "hiding" the damage, or making the bat appear to be uncracked.
          Jeff
          godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• yanks12025
            • Jan 2006

I will never try to repair a bat myself again. The last one(only one) i destroyed it, by getting glue stuck on the barrel. It just looks bad. Also it was a Nate McLouth bat.

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
              • Aug 2007

i have my higher end bats done by someone on the forum. usually only do it if its a bad crack.
              Baseball do what it do
              -Ron Washington

Comment

• 10thMan
                • Dec 2006

Cracker? Because my Bats White???

This is a good topic, discussed fairly often. I have them repaired depending on the severity of the Break. The Humidity in so-cal varies so much those Looooong split type cracks get worse, at least some of mine have.

Seems like no 2 breaks are the same, all things considered. Pine Tar may seal most of the crack, some are simply a small grain split, some simply are a clean break.

Both sides of this one make sense. I wouldn`t get a high end Jersey repaired...

Sean

Comment

• ahuff
                  • Nov 2005

10th Man - too funny.

Cracker? Because my Bats White???

That is exactly what I was thinking. Everytime I see this title pop up, I keep expecting it to be a Chris Rock joke.
                  "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

Working...