PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on repairing a cracker bat?

gameu08
02-18-2009, 01:01 PM
was just wondering on what everyones thoughts were on having a cracked game used bat repaired?

mike

gameu08
02-18-2009, 01:07 PM
that should say cracked not cracker

suave1477
02-18-2009, 01:15 PM
(Personal Opinion)

I hate it, I think it ruins the bat and ruins the value though my eyes.

For my own personal collection I would never buy a repaired bat, unless I had no choice and it was an extremely rare bat otherwise I would stay away from it.

nealdevelopment@yahoo.com
02-18-2009, 03:01 PM
I am the opposite. Who cares if you repair a semi star or common bat.
My wife and kids and friends like to handle the bats I have and there is nothing worse than someone who is visiting that grabs a broken bat and slides thier hand down the bat and catches a handful or sharp wood in their hand. Repaired broken bats are fine. As long as they are just glued and not sanded or never try to stain a repair. Mine look great.

godwulf
02-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Repaired broken bats are fine. As long as they are just glued and not sanded or never try to stain a repair. Mine look great.

I'm the same way - I will glue a bat together as much as possible, but I have zero interest in "hiding" the damage, or making the bat appear to be uncracked.

yanks12025
02-18-2009, 04:14 PM
I will never try to repair a bat myself again. The last one(only one) i destroyed it, by getting glue stuck on the barrel. It just looks bad. Also it was a Nate McLouth bat.

Fnazxc0114
02-18-2009, 08:34 PM
i have my higher end bats done by someone on the forum. usually only do it if its a bad crack.

10thMan
02-19-2009, 04:10 AM
Cracker? Because my Bats White???

This is a good topic, discussed fairly often. I have them repaired depending on the severity of the Break. The Humidity in so-cal varies so much those Looooong split type cracks get worse, at least some of mine have.

Seems like no 2 breaks are the same, all things considered. Pine Tar may seal most of the crack, some are simply a small grain split, some simply are a clean break.

Both sides of this one make sense. I wouldn`t get a high end Jersey repaired...

Sean

ahuff
02-19-2009, 01:06 PM
10th Man - too funny.

Cracker? Because my Bats White???

That is exactly what I was thinking. Everytime I see this title pop up, I keep expecting it to be a Chris Rock joke.