PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else miss football?

JasonBanz
02-19-2009, 12:19 AM
To me life without football sucks! Although unlike baseball it seems as if the football season never sleeps. We got franchise tagging going on now. Free agency is in effect soon, and then the draft is shortly coming up! Soon after that training camp starts! I'm ready for the 2009 season to start......GO FINS!!!!!

mariner_gamers
02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Football is a weekly event where my friends and family all get together. We all know when the Seahawks/Packers will be playing and schedule our weekends accordingly. Baseball is more of a "hey want to go to a game this weekend?" I already miss our weekly ritual!!

jetersbatboy
02-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Nope not me, bring on the real baseball, and be gone with all this steroid talk. I hope someone goes on a 57 game hitting streak, and we will all forget about "chicks digging the long ball".

Instanton
02-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Nope not me, bring on the real baseball, and be gone with all this steroid talk. I hope someone goes on a 57 game hitting streak, and we will all forget about "chicks digging the long ball".

Ah, so it was the women corrupting our beloved professional baseball players?

(I jest)

On the OP: I enjoyed the season (football), but I must say baseball-I cannot wait for.

scottanservitz
02-19-2009, 07:30 AM
I most certainly miss football!!! Luckily I love baseball as well. And as somebody said, with all the ugliness going on, let's just play!

Scott

JasonBanz
02-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Football is a weekly event where my friends and family all get together. We all know when the Seahawks/Packers will be playing and schedule our weekends accordingly. Baseball is more of a "hey want to go to a game this weekend?" I already miss our weekly ritual!!

Football was a weekly ritual for my Dad and I also. Every week, sitting in the same chairs, eating the same food. I miss it!

Yankwood
02-19-2009, 11:27 AM
What I really miss about football is a receiver making a 3 yard catch, getting up, walking 10 yards to where nobody is around him, pounding his chest and yelling out something indecipherable. Or a linebacker making a tackle, jumping up, hollering (something?) and pointing to himself so that everyone watching knows that he just made a routine play. Yes,-----I really miss football.:rolleyes:

gingi79
02-19-2009, 12:22 PM
To me life without football sucks! Although unlike baseball it seems as if the football season never sleeps. We got franchise tagging going on now. Free agency is in effect soon, and then the draft is shortly coming up! Soon after that training camp starts! I'm ready for the 2009 season to start......GO FINS!!!!!

LOL as a fellow Dolphin fan, I'm betting you are looking forward to 2009 A LOT FLIPPING MORE than you were looking forward to 2008!

I miss the game too, especially since the team a I root had the greatest single season turn around in NFL history. Had you asked me this time last year when the Dolphins would have lost to this years Lions, I could not have cared less about a new season

JasonBanz
02-19-2009, 01:43 PM
I agree. I had no idea the Dolphins would have had such a great turnaround. I looked forward to the 2008 season, just to see a few more wind. Shaun King said on ESPN a few weeks before the season that Miami was going to be better than alot of people think, he gave them a 6-10 record:eek: . I was ecstatic! So 11-5 was a good year and looking forward to much more in the 2009!

nyjetsfan14
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
What I really miss about football is a receiver making a 3 yard catch, getting up, walking 10 yards to where nobody is around him, pounding his chest and yelling out something indecipherable. Or a linebacker making a tackle, jumping up, hollering (something?) and pointing to himself so that everyone watching knows that he just made a routine play. Yes,-----I really miss football.:rolleyes:

Well luckily we don't have to deal with that garbage for a while. We can just enjoy a batter getting in the box and taking a ball and then backing out to adjust his batting gloves for one full minute. Then get back in the box only to have the pitcher shake off three signals from the catcher and step off the mound. Then the pitching coach can make a trip to the mound to see what the problem is at which time the umpire waltzes his big behind out there to break up the meeting so they can repeat the thrilling process all over again :D I love both sports and also enjoy/follow hoops, hockey, NASCAR, tennis as well so one good thing about being a sportaholic is that when one season ends there is another one in progress. But nothing beats a Sunday evening of confusion and disappointment just after another Jets collapse thinking to myself what the %$#! just happened?

JasonBanz
02-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Well luckily we don't have to deal with that garbage for a while. We can just enjoy a batter getting in the box and taking a ball and then backing out to adjust his batting gloves for one full minute. Then get back in the box only to have the pitcher shake off three signals from the catcher and step off the mound. Then the pitching coach can make a trip to the mound to see what the problem is at which time the umpire waltzes his big behind out there to break up the meeting so they can repeat the thrilling process all over again :D I love both sports and also enjoy/follow hoops, hockey, NASCAR, tennis as well so one good thing about being a sportaholic is that when one season ends there is another one in progress. But nothing beats a Sunday evening of confusion and disappointment just after another Jets collapse thinking to myself what the %$#! just happened?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I haven't laughed this hard in a while! I enjoyed your take on baseball! Btw I think 2008 was one of the best years for the AFC East....Go Fins!!!

whatupyos
02-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Negative on the missing football.

Aaron

godwulf
02-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Have always thought it resembled a heavily-padded Chinese Fire Drill.

Ball gets thrown, ball gets caught, everybody chase and jump on the guy who caught the ball. Wow, didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

Baseball is the best game in the World. Softball is #2, 'cause it looks so much like Baseball, and pretty girls in shorts play it. :D

otismalibu
02-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Of course I miss the NFL...what else is there to watch?

March Madness usually offers up some moments, but I haven't cared for the NBA since the 80s.

Since ESPN got rid of NHL action, I rarely watch anymore.

I'll watch MLB playoffs, but that's about it. I've gone to a few Cards games, but there's just no energy or excitement compared to an NFL game. I'm sure that changes down the stretch and into the post season, but a game in May or June...does it even matter?

And the managers dressing up like the players. Goofy. Thanks God we don't need to see Andy Reid in the tight pants.

Vintagedeputy
02-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Mike Vick called.....

he misses it.

:)

xpress34
02-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Nope.