PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed w/ Montreal Machine game used jersey

Dewey2007
02-19-2009, 02:16 AM
I need some assistance. I may have hastily purchased the following Montreal Machine game used jersey this evening:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=140302471969

Afterwards I was looking around and came across a couple of white Montreal Machine jerseys on Jim Yackel's site and noticed that the color scheme of the numbers and striping on the jerseys he has are maroon and the jersey I won on eBay is blue as can be seen in the pics. I also came across a white/maroon jersey on AJ Sport Collectibles website.

Has anyone owned or seen a legit white Montreal Machine jersey with blue numbering? The rest of the jersey looks OK but I can't find any pics on-line to compare mine to and have no idea if they had two different color schemes in 1992.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. Feel free to e-mail me at: deweystg@berkeley.edu or just post on the thread.

Thanks,
Dewey

Dewey2007
02-19-2009, 11:58 AM
No help needed after all. I just learned another valuable lesson in collecting. That camera and lighting can sometimes alter the appearance of a jersey. Either that or I need to get my eyes checked or my computer screen is going.

In the close up pic of the jersey on the eBay listing the numbers and striping appear blue in color even though the jersey numbers are actually a maroon/burgundy color. I would have never guessed the color would be altered that dramatically. It really made me question the jersey for a minute but I received additional pics from the seller w/ no flash and the correct color is clearly seen in those pics.