PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy both Kingdome dugouts?

cjw
02-19-2009, 03:22 AM
I am not the seller...just found this on Seattle craigslist...interesting.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/clt/1040928973.html

Vintagedeputy
02-19-2009, 07:54 AM
For 1K, those are a steal!

kylehess10
02-19-2009, 11:03 AM
For 1K, those are a steal!

Definitely!

BUT, where could something like these be displayed in a home?? :eek:

Vintagedeputy
02-19-2009, 11:10 AM
If you put them side by side, they'd be bigger than my first apt!

Rob L
02-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Dang, those are cool. Kyle can you photomatch them?:D

russyurk
02-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Heck, you could live in those!

kudu
02-19-2009, 01:48 PM
I wonder if there is any gum underneath the benches. If so, get some dna tests and sell them on ebay :D

David
02-19-2009, 03:16 PM
I live in Seattle and remember when they auctioned off the kingdome innards before they tore it down. The lots were bulk, for example one lot was the entire turf including pitching mound! It was a public auction and anyone could place a bid. I considered bidding on the turf, before I wised up and realized I didn't have enough room in my back yard much less by closet to storing it.

So I can testify that the Mariners did indeed auction off the dugouts to the public.

otismalibu
02-19-2009, 03:20 PM
A few years back, I exchanged emails with a guy who had the entire hoops floor that they used in the Philadelphia Spectrum into the early 80s.

mbrieve
02-19-2009, 03:31 PM
A few years back, I exchanged emails with a guy who had the entire hoops floor that they used in the Philadelphia Spectrum into the early 80s.

I wonder if that guy would be better off chopping it up and selling it piece by piece. Can't be a huge market for something like that intact...

otismalibu
02-19-2009, 03:37 PM
I wonder if that guy would be better off chopping it up and selling it piece by piece. Can't be a huge market for something like that intact...

Excuse the brief thread hijack :)

Yeah, I think that was the plan - cut it up. It had been in a school after the Spectrum. I did see a few pieces on eBay, but they were pretty spendy.

Might be able to add a few pieces into a sports room floor, but unless you're building your own court...

centerfieldsports.com
02-20-2009, 09:29 PM
So we bought these and a bunch of seats
Not sure what we are going to do with them yet, moved them into a wharehouse.... alot of ideas running in my head, alot of history in these
Yankee fans Jeter made his Major League debute in these dugouts!

In pieces in the wharehouse
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn137/CenterFieldSports/dougouts1.jpg

Kingdome seats- each section has 3 seats

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn137/CenterFieldSports/seats.jpg

camarokids
02-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Hey Centerfield Sports,

Did you buy the King Dome Dug Outs or are you the one selling them on Craigs list????

Just curious....

centerfieldsports.com
02-21-2009, 12:34 AM
we purchased them
Someone told us about this post after they found out we bought them.
Anyone have ideas of what to do with them? They are in 5 sections per dugout?

camarokids
02-21-2009, 12:39 AM
we purchased them
Someone told us about this post after they found out we bought them.
Anyone have ideas of what to do with them? They are in 5 sections per dugout?

If you have a really big back yard you could set up a baseball field???

Or donate them to a city park that needs a baseball field???

A good tax write off????

Maybe KG Junior will want to buy them???

kylehess10
02-21-2009, 12:57 AM
I would seriously love to be able to own one of those sections to have in my room. It looks like it would fit wall to wall easily. If only I lived in your area :rolleyes:

David
02-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Stadium seats, where the fans sit, can sell for good money. I would think the players' seats would be worth even more. Just think of how many HOFers sat on a bench in the visiting dugout.

centerfieldsports.com
02-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Stadium seats, where the fans sit, can sell for good money. I would think the players' seats would be worth even more. Just think of how many HOFers sat on a bench in the visiting dugout.

There is alot of history on these bench seats, the new bench seats where put in in 1990, i think the dugout part is the same since 77 but not 100%the visitors had rip, murray, mattingly, jeter, frank thomas, nolan ryan , brett, clemens, mac (536 ft hr off randy) and countless others
Home side, Jr, arod, randy, edgar, buhner sweet lou.