PDA

View Full Version : Autograph Bat Handling

Mauer7
02-19-2009, 06:50 PM
I have a autographed game used bat that I need to pack up to mover to my new home. I currently dont have a bat tube of any sort. I want to put in a shipping tube to move it, but am afraid the autograph will rub off. Would it hurt it to wrap the autograph in saran wrap? What do you guys do?

MSpecht
02-19-2009, 06:53 PM
A long athletic sock (soccer sock, sanitary sock, etc) will work fine for the move....

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Mauer7
02-19-2009, 06:59 PM
That a great idea Mike. Thanks for the reply.

camarokids
02-19-2009, 07:09 PM
I recently move all of my 200 plus bats, the ones that were autographed and NOT in tubes, I wrapped Cling Wrap (saran wrap) around the part that was signed. Not a autograph was damaged...

mbrieve
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
I would not wrap it in saran wrap. I had someone ship me an autographed GU bat and they saran wrapped it - parts of the autograph lifted from the bat. AND I never bought anything from ESM again...

metsbats
02-19-2009, 07:48 PM
I would not wrap it in saran wrap. I had someone ship me an autographed GU bat and they saran wrapped it - parts of the autograph lifted from the bat. AND I never bought anything from ESM again...

They must have saran wrapped it without letting the autograph fully dry.

I've like David had saran wrapped autographed bats in the past but these were bats where the autographs have been there for a long time.

David
02-19-2009, 08:12 PM
I know of dealers who have put socks on autographed bats.

camarokids
02-20-2009, 01:01 PM
They must have saran wrapped it without letting the autograph fully dry.

I've like David had saran wrapped autographed bats in the past but these were bats where the autographs have been there for a long time.

Another possibility the bat could have sat in a truck in the Florida heat/humidity before shipping or what Metsbats said.

Another thing it could have been the type of ink pen used?????

Or it could have been banged against another bat or something else???

I have received bats from dealers both ways, with socks and saran wrap.

mbrieve
02-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Another possibility the bat could have sat in a truck in the Florida heat/humidity before shipping or what Metsbats said.

Another thing it could have been the type of ink pen used?????

Or it could have been banged against another bat or something else???

I have received bats from dealers both ways, with socks and saran wrap.
It is all speculatio at this point. But it was a Rawlings natural finish bat, signed in blue sharpie. Saran wrap has a clingy, sticky quality to it. I would be careful...