X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clinton2828
    • Jan 2006

ami question / help needed

dose anyone know "kieta's" legal name.

i am having issues with a payment for an item that ended 7/17/2008 way past the 60-90 day window. the item has been paid for a long time ago.

anyone can offer any help with this matter.
  • hblakewolf
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: ami question / help needed

Originally posted by clinton2828
    dose anyone know "kieta's" legal name.

i am having issues with a payment for an item that ended 7/17/2008 way past the 60-90 day window. the item has been paid for a long time ago.

anyone can offer any help with this matter.
    Susan Kieta

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Comment

• clinton2828
      • Jan 2006

howard,

thanks!

any suggestions on what to do with ami. they keep pushing payment off and off. should i press legal charges?

Comment

• rose14
        • Dec 2005

Contact the Nevada Attorney Generals office.

Comment

• lund6771
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by rose14
          Contact the Nevada Attorney Generals office.
          they probably have AMI on speed dial

Comment

• sammy
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

With as much information that has been posted on this site and others concerning the sleazy business practices of American Memorabilia, Inc. (AMI), I cannot for the world of me, understand, why any one would consign with these *********.

That being said, I have absolutely no sympathy for any current consignor that gets the shaft.

Comment

• shoremen44
              • Jul 2007

fill this out... and send it off
              Bert
              ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

• lund6771
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by sammy
                With as much information that has been posted on this site and others concerning the sleazy business practices of American Memorabilia, Inc. (AMI), I cannot for the world of me, understand, why any one would consign with these *********.

That being said, I have absolutely no sympathy for any current consignor that gets the shaft.

Sammy

what about the newbies that they run into at shows?...and people like myself?...I was unfortunately referred to them a few years ago before these sites were in full swing

at least now, when you google AMI or Lampson there are plenty of horror stories that pop up....I couldn't believe that anyone, outside of a straight jacket, would refer them now!

There should be a thread with side bets on what date their site goes down and their phones are disconnected...how about all people that sign in with a guess put $5 in...winner takes all?

Comment

• clinton2828
                  • Jan 2006

sammy,

i do have a full time job and dont have all day to research these companies.

when i called i spoke with the whole staff since it was a high end item and they insured me i would be paid with in 30-90 days.

the service was outstanding until payment time came.

anyone have any other suggestions?

Comment

• Eric
                    • Jan 1970

By the way, according to the Better Business Bureau site, here is American Memorabilia's rating

"Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB rating of F.
                    Reasons for this rating include:
                    Length of time business has been operating.
                    Number of complaints filed against this business.
                    Failure to respond to complaints filed against this business.

The Bureau processed a total of 30 complaint(s) about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.
                    Complaints Concerned:
                    2 - Selling Practices
                    2 - Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices
                    3 - Billing or Collection Issues
                    3 - General Credit or Billing Complaint Issues
                    1 - Delivery Issues
                    1 - General Delivery Complaint Issues
                    3 - Refund or Exchange Issues
                    2 - Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or contract
                    1 - General Refund or Exchange Complaint Issues
                    21 - Contract Issues
                    1 - Work performed outside the terms of the contract or agreement
                    16 - Failure to honor a contract or agreement
                    4 - General Contract Complaint Issues

The 30 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months was/were closed as:
                    23 - Resolved
                    4 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
                    19 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
                    6 - Administratively Closed
                    2 - BBB determined the company made good faith and reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
                    3 - BBB determined that despite the company's good faith effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.
                    1 - BBB determined the company provided proper verification that indicated there was no obligation to resolve the issues of the complaint.
                    1 - No Response
                    1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB or to the consumer to resolve the issues."
                    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• hblakewolf
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Eric
                      By the way, according to the Better Business Bureau site, here is American Memorabilia's rating

"Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB rating of F.
                      Reasons for this rating include:
                      Length of time business has been operating.
                      Number of complaints filed against this business.
                      Failure to respond to complaints filed against this business.

The Bureau processed a total of 30 complaint(s) about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.
                      Complaints Concerned:
                      2 - Selling Practices
                      2 - Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices
                      3 - Billing or Collection Issues
                      3 - General Credit or Billing Complaint Issues
                      1 - Delivery Issues
                      1 - General Delivery Complaint Issues
                      3 - Refund or Exchange Issues
                      2 - Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or contract
                      1 - General Refund or Exchange Complaint Issues
                      21 - Contract Issues
                      1 - Work performed outside the terms of the contract or agreement
                      16 - Failure to honor a contract or agreement
                      4 - General Contract Complaint Issues

The 30 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months was/were closed as:
                      23 - Resolved
                      4 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
                      19 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
                      6 - Administratively Closed
                      2 - BBB determined the company made good faith and reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
                      3 - BBB determined that despite the company's good faith effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.
                      1 - BBB determined the company provided proper verification that indicated there was no obligation to resolve the issues of the complaint.
                      1 - No Response
                      1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB or to the consumer to resolve the issues."
                      Eric-

This is fantastic and very useful data. Can you email me the link, or post it here, for the same type of BBB information for Bricol Sports in Palm Harbor, Florida?

Thanks again.
                      Howard Wolf
                      hblakewolf@comcast.net

Comment

• Eric
                        • Jan 1970

I will post it in its own thread...
                        Eric
                        Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• bondsfan
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2005

This information is quite helpful.

I also think it's only fair if the same BBB information is provided for all of the top auction houses, including GUU.

Eric, can you that?

Thanks,

Coveh Solaimani

Comment

• 33bird
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

AMI owes me 20K+. My auction ended on Sept. 18th. So it's been 5+ months. I finally took everybody's advice and got a lawyer and he sent them a letter last week and said payment within 10 days or you'll be sued for the full sales price and interest that would have accrued. What's great is my brother in law is a high powered attorney right in Las Vegas. So he took it for free-it won't cost me a thing. Well, when they get the letter, I get an email from keita stating that, "Their contract specifies payments taking longer if necessary..." I laughed and said 5 MONTHS IS LONGER THAN NECESSARY! Unbelievable. I emailed her back and said payment in full within 10 days or you'll be sued for the FULL sales price. So, I'm kindof hoping they won't and I can eventually collect 25k+ instead of 21K. Because my attorney will kill them in court and it won't cost me a thing. I didn't want to consign to them in the first place. I was gonna go with Robert Edwards or Grey Flannel but their auction dates were so far away I went with AMI. What a mistake. I think that's what gets them consignors-an auction every month and you think you'll get paid faster, but it's just the opposite. I'm begging all you guys to stay away from them. Go with the legit auction houses. These guys are a complete joke!
                            Greg
                            biggamebird@yahoo.com

Comment

• lund6771
                              • Dec 2006

"AMI has made some great changes this year as well, with quick consignment payouts, we look forward to yeliding the best prices, in the industry maintaining our excellent quality and impeccable customer service."

Greg....maybe Keeta thinks that 5+ months and counting is "quick"?...I'd hate to think what she considers to be a "delayed consigment payout"...years?

Anyhow, I wonder how much they owe in consignment payouts?...with being multiple auctions behind, endless pissed off consignors, bad economy....not a pretty picture

Comment

Working...