PDA

View Full Version : Kanji Autograph Translation

eGameUsed
02-24-2009, 11:17 PM
All,

Need some help from any Kanji (Japanese) experts. I have a Matsui autograph I would like interpreted. I did notice the last 3 characters of the signature very closely match the embroidered characters on his batting gloves. Is this his name? number? An interpretation would be great if someone can give some insight! Here are pictures:

Thanks,

jetersbatboy
02-25-2009, 12:45 AM
The kanji on the bat reads Kazuo Matsui, and the glove reads Kazuo.

jetersbatboy
02-25-2009, 12:46 AM
松井稼頭央 (Kazuo Matsui) (稼頭央) Kazuo

suave1477
02-25-2009, 12:48 AM
it says 1 order of wonton soup and fried rice / no msg lol lol:D

jetersbatboy
02-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Suave,
Your reading it wrong, the bat says sell to scott for $500!!!!

eGameUsed
02-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Hey, thanks for the help! Sorry I can't part with the bat. I know I will never be able to obtain one signed in this manner again.

kingjammy24
02-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Suave,
Your reading it wrong, the bat says sell to scott for $500!!!!

scott,

have you inquired with goodeyesports.com? they specialize in japanese players and have this matsui ball on their site:

http://www.goodeyesports.com/ITEMS/SIGNED/kazmatsuidual.JPG

they've got lots of kanji signed items and game-used items. might not be too difficult for them to pick up a kazuo bat and have him sign it in kanji.

rudy.

metsbats
02-28-2009, 09:00 PM
it says 1 order of wonton soup and fried rice / no msg lol lol:D

Suave , If you are gonna make a ethnic joke get the food right.

Miso soup and Jasmine rice with side of wasabe:D

jetersbatboy
02-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Suave , If you are gonna make a ethnic joke get the food right.

Miso soup and Jasmine rice with side of wasabe:D

Jasmine rice is from Thailand originally and is used in primarily chinese cooking.....:D

jetersbatboy
02-28-2009, 10:11 PM
scott,

have you inquired with goodeyesports.com? they specialize in japanese players and have this matsui ball on their site:

http://www.goodeyesports.com/ITEMS/SIGNED/kazmatsuidual.JPG

they've got lots of kanji signed items and game-used items. might not be too difficult for them to pick up a kazuo bat and have him sign it in kanji.

rudy.
Rudy,
I have contacted Goh, of Goodeye Sports but unfortunately he know longer has any Kaz Matsui items. Thanks for the help

suave1477
02-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Just to add to all this.

I recently got Hideki Irabu to sign his name on my bat in Japanese.

I thought that was pretty cool

jetersbatboy
02-28-2009, 10:30 PM
I would love to see a picture of the Irabu Bat......:D

kingjammy24
03-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Just to add to all this.

I recently got Hideki Irabu to sign his name on my bat in Japanese.

I thought that was pretty cool

what does "fat toad" look like in kanji?

rudy.

suave1477
03-01-2009, 01:34 AM
I will try to post pictured tomorrow if not when I get back from my trip

metsbats
03-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Jasmine rice is from Thailand originally and is used in primarily chinese cooking.....:D

2 out of 3 ain't bad :rolleyes:

Scott,

Someone who may be member of this forum sent me photos of some Met bats he had. One bat was a nice Kaz Matsui gamer with nice use. I responded to the sender on the prices of the bats but he never got back. I believe this email may have been sent to me my mistake which was the reason i never got a response.

If I get a response and the Matsui is for sale I'll let you know or let the seller know you may be interested.

Email me with your contact info.

jetersbatboy
03-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Scott,

Someone who may be member of this forum sent me photos of some Met bats he had. One bat was a nice Kaz Matsui gamer with nice use. I responded to the sender on the prices of the bats but he never got back. I believe this email may have been sent to me my mistake which was the reason i never got a response.

If I get a response and the Matsui is for sale I'll let you know or let the seller know you may be interested.

Email me with your contact info.
Thanks David,
Please let me know if the sender gets back to you.....I will have my fingers crossed!!!!! 2 out of 3 isn't bad:D