PDA

View Full Version : Hunt: 2001 Bonds jersey

kingjammy24
02-25-2009, 05:36 PM
http://www.huntauctions.com/online/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=37&lot_num=553&lot_qual=&url_referer=view_lots_items_list.cfm

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=21500

rudy.

suicide_squeeze
03-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I remember having a detailed discussion (via email, and I have copied printed of them all....) with Barry Bonds V.P of Marketing, Jeff (JB) Berstein, about all of the Barry Bonds H.R. jerseys on the market.

His final answer....

"Barry Bonds has never signed a home run jersey. Ever."

To add to the truth of this statement, I was bidding on a few items in the Mastro Auction of August 28, 2003, and one of the items they had in their auction was a (supposedly) 2001 Home San Francisco Giants Barry Bonds jersey. It was signed on the "5" on the back of the jersey, and notated "H.R. 525", and the description stated it had been "worn by Barry Bonds while hitting his 525th career home run."

So, a year later, I'm sifting through items for sale on Gray Flannel's website, and low and behold, I come accross another Barry Bonds home run jersey, home Giants.

But something hit me.

It was claiming to be Barry's 525th home run jersey. It was signed, and notated as "H.R. 525".............but the signature was under the number "5" on the back of the jersey.

I called Gray Flannel and let them know this was proof positive these jerseys were bogus. I'm sure they were irratated that they had to pull the jersey from their site, but to their credit, they did just that (after I supplied them picture proof of what I was telling them.)

I will look for the pictures I printed off their website, and see if I can post them here for all of you to see.

But there is no question.......ALL Bonds 2001 jerseys claiming to be home run jerseys are 100% fake, forged, and unfortunately.......worthless. SOrry to beat this dead horse, but just wanted to add credence to what you all have read here on previous posts.

Thanks for the post, Rudy.

Instanton
03-02-2009, 10:40 AM
But there is no question.......ALL Bonds 2001 jerseys claiming to be home run jerseys are 100% fake, forged, and unfortunately.......worthless.

Well, if anything, it's worth its retail?;)

suicide_squeeze
03-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Well, if anything, it's worth its retail?;)

Maybe to some, but not to me.......because it's defaced with someone's INK on it. And, with Bonds impending trial, I would think most of his "retail" stuff is pretty much over.

I mean.......being a real baseball fan, would YOU want to be seen wearing a Bonds jersey?

Instanton
03-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Maybe to some, but not to me.......because it's defaced with someone's INK on it. And, with Bonds impending trial, I would think most of his "retail" stuff is pretty much over.

I mean.......being a real baseball fan, would YOU want to be seen wearing a Bonds jersey?

I wouldn't want to be seen with a Bonds jersey, however this applies to any Yankee jersey as well. I'm just not a fan, I wouldn't mind owning one. If I were a fan of the Giants, I would have no problem wearing a retail authentic.