in Diamondbacks History and Future Hall of Famer
Randy Johnson - May 2nd
We Can Take Your Items to San Francisco and have them Autographed
Your Flat Item up to 16x20 or Baseball $160
Bats And Jerseys $210 - Jersey Must Have 5 Other Autographs on it
Inscriptions $60 - 10 Numbers or Letters Total
If Randy Wins His 300th Game Prior to the Signing he Will Sign
the 300 Wins Inscription.

"Jersey must have 5 other autographs on it"?
"10 numbers or letters total"...for a $60 inscription?

I may throw up.

thrush29
02-25-2009, 07:45 PM
I just did throw up!

grenda12
02-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Wonder how many people will be doing that...

markize
02-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I was thinking about the 10 letters/numbers for the inscription. Do spaces, and punctuation count? If not, how about: "I'm a jack ass", or "I'm arrogant"?

Sorry godwulf, I know that's your guy :D

Mark

GarkoCollector
02-25-2009, 08:37 PM
How about "I Kill Birds"
Thats 10 letters

gingi79
02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
How about "I Kill Birds"
Thats 10 letters

I watch that on Youtube at least once a month. Incredible 1 in a million shot. It's like spontaneous combustion.

If you want to get on his good side, ask him how his photography is going. I read in an obscure magazine in the early 1990's that his secret hobby was photography. I'd be interested in hearing his response and seeing some of his stuff. Dude had talent back in the day.

Rare inscription that becomes a great story after I told y'all about it would be his signature and then "Photograph"

Just a thought.

sylbry
02-25-2009, 09:43 PM
This is blantant discrimination of people with long first names.

I am envisioning the following discussion.

Fan: "Hi Randy, My name is Alexander. It is a pleasure to meet you. I am your biggest fan."
Randy: "Ugh"
Fan: "Can you sign my ball To Alexander."
Randy (turns and speaks to his agent) "Hey you, how many letters is that?"
Agent (stops giving Randy a foot message, looks up and replies): "That's eleven your mulletness. Praise be to Randy."
Randy (to fan): "Can't do, too many letters."
Fan: "But that is my name."
Randy: "Look, didn't you read the sign. Ten letter limit. I can do Alex."
Fan (puzzled): "But my name is not Alex, it is Alexander."
Randy: "Well, too bad. NEXT!"
Fan: "A-hole!"

xpress34
02-25-2009, 10:09 PM
None of this surprises me... he's always been an @$$ hole when he's been here in Denver playing, so why should any of that change.

I'm surprised he's not charging extra for the letters over 10 in Randy Johnson (12 letters if you're counting) since he only signs 'Randy Johnson' if you pay... otherwise if you're lucky enough for him to stop and sign consider the RJ on your item a gift from him.

David
02-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Randy charges for each space. He has to raise and move the pen over each space, so it takes time and effort not to mention the risk of injury.

xpress34
02-27-2009, 02:06 AM
... so it takes time and effort not to mention the risk of injury.

No kidding... especially since he only needs what - 5 wins - to hit 300... then he can tell the Giants he's done...

cjosefy
03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
He is also at the Tristar show this weekend:

http://www.tristarproductions.com/shows/SF509/schedule.htm

Check out this note:

Randy will sign 300 Win related items if customers ask him to do so even though he might not have 300 wins at the time of the show. Randy will not inscribe 300 on any item at the time of the show unless he already has 300 Wins.

stretch
03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
If Randy Wins His 300th Game Prior to the Signing he Will Sign
the 300 Wins Inscription.Even if he doesn't have 300 wins he should still sign what his fans want.:mad:

ironmanfan
03-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Even if he doesn't have 300 wins he should still sign what his fans want.:mad:

I don't agree with this; if he doesn't have 300 wins prior to this signing, he should NOT be signing using that inscripton!!

treant985
03-23-2009, 09:16 PM
It seems pretty unlikely that he'll get five wins before May 2...although he has started like 6-0 several times I think.

stretch
03-23-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't agree with this; if he doesn't have 300 wins prior to this signing, he should NOT be signing using that inscripton!!

If I was to get his autograph it's not like I would make an issue about it. However, it's my hard earned money, and I just feel as a fan I should be able to get what I want inscribed on the ball.

allstarsplus
03-23-2009, 10:17 PM
This is blantant discrimination of people with long first names.

I am envisioning the following discussion.

Fan: "Hi Randy, My name is Alexander. It is a pleasure to meet you. I am your biggest fan."
Randy: "Ugh"
Fan: "Can you sign my ball To Alexander."
Randy (turns and speaks to his agent) "Hey you, how many letters is that?"
Agent (stops giving Randy a foot message, looks up and replies): "That's eleven your mulletness. Praise be to Randy."
Randy (to fan): "Can't do, too many letters."
Fan: "But that is my name."
Randy: "Look, didn't you read the sign. Ten letter limit. I can do Alex."
Fan (puzzled): "But my name is not Alex, it is Alexander."
Randy: "Well, too bad. NEXT!"
Fan: "A-hole!"

Thanks for a good laugh!!!!

suicide_squeeze
03-23-2009, 10:34 PM
WOW........$60.00 for a 10 letter or less inscription??

Just THINK of the possibilities after the "Randy Johnson" scribble.....

-"I'm a dick"
-"big DICK"
-"big UNIT" (same difference)
-"Whoza dick"
-"Mullet Node"
-"giraffe"
-"ostrich"
-"300 or bust"
-"still tryin"
-"huh? what?"
-"10 max only"
-"buzz Kruk"
-"OJ's my man"
-"not today"
-"I can't, no"
-"no. still no"
-"u get it? NO"
-"mocre face"

and for any cute ladies requesting a special inscription......

-"prenup only"

thomecollector
03-23-2009, 10:36 PM
What a "jack off" ! Wait, that's only nine letters. Does that include the spaces ?:D

godwulf
03-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Randy will sign 300 Win related items if customers ask him to do so even though he might not have 300 wins at the time of the show. Randy will not inscribe 300 on any item at the time of the show unless he already has 300 Wins.

Well, that's as clear as mud, as my grandmother used to say.

Let's see...whether or not he has 300 wins, he will sign "300 related items"...but if he doesn't have 300 wins, he won't write the number '300'.

So...what, exactly, is a "300 related item"? Does that mean he will sign, I don't know, a collage of his baseball cards (or expectorated sunflower seeds) that form the number '300'? A bat with "300 wins" already inscribed on it? A jersey that's already been signed by 5 other 300-game winners? DVDs of the movie '300'?

It doesn't really matter, anyway, because when the time comes, Randy will do what Randy wants to do, regardless of anything. And if you give him a game-used bat to sign, he's gonna find a way to screw it up. :rolleyes:

suave1477
03-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Even if he doesn't have 300 wins he should still sign what his fans want.:mad:

I don't agree with this either. I understand it is your money and your paying for what you want. But look at the flip side of the coin maybe he is supersticious and doesn't want to jinx it from happening.

I myself can be supersticious at times and would completely agree if he did not want to sign it.

dirtyla2000
03-24-2009, 02:15 AM
who does this moron think he is! I have an 88 Expos game used jersey he wont sign unless there are 5 other sigs on it! I hope he wrecks his back on his 3rd pitch!

Neely8
03-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Am I sensing some hostility towards Johnson here? :D