PDA

View Full Version : Helmet date codes!!!!Help!!!

UGA-1
02-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Hello all,
To help newbies like me, could someone please coach me (and others) on the world of helmet date codes. I would like to start collecting helmets and would like to know this info. Here is a date code from a helmet that i have,..123318. It is a old BIKE helmet and the code is located in the rear of the helmet under the velcro strip that helps attach the rear neck pad. The"AIR POWER" emblem on the back is stamped in gold. Thanks to all who contribute!!

aeneas01
02-27-2009, 03:27 AM
your helmet was manufactured in november of 1978 and represents a very, very early bike model....

fullback37
03-09-2009, 11:57 PM
If you want a Walker Jersey or info on Helmet; or any other star UGA player call me. I sent you a long response telling you everything about what I had and how I know 1110000% that they are real ( over 20 photo matches and game film matches), and how I bought or was offered 11 fake Walker helmets and 15 fake Walker Jerseys, but the message didn't go through for some reason. Also, I explained how I am 98% sure that there are no REAl Walker helmets out there (UGA has his '80 helmet that I matche photo's/film with and he wore atleat the last 5 games of that year, his'81 helmet that goes the same, and his '82 helmet that I photo/film matched to atleast the last 7 games of that year). I even made a book that has photos and notes of EVERY game he played in and every quarter. It shows all the nicks, scraps, cuts, marks, arrangement of stars, color of stamp on back of helmet, detailed chinstaps, length of sleeves, # font, holes, repairs to ALL of his Jerseys and helmets for every game and quarter by quarter. Also, went to Lou Lampsons house (he live 5 miles from me) and he even has a fake Walker helmet; he does however have Walker's white mesh jersey from 1980 that he wore in all the away games after his tear aways got distroyed.

Oh, also all the fake crap either came from the same guy or originated from the same guy. Him and I are/were friends.

get in touch with me if you want one of his jerseys.

treasurehunter79@gmail.com or 770-402-5278

did not proff read

aeneas01
03-10-2009, 10:13 AM
i've checked out many, many walker "game used" helmets throughout the years, mostly georgia versions but a few pro versions as well (vikes, cowboys, generals, etc.), and out of the entire bunch only one struck as potentially authentic (a georgia model). the stories accompanying some of the carefully assembled georgia reproductions were very detailed and supported by letters from georgia equipment personnel and/or butts-mehre heritage hall personnel - nonetheless the helmets were not authentic...