PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Question

chicagoglen
02-26-2009, 07:29 PM
I received a broken item that I purchased on ebay. Not a game used iem. It arrived broken. Seller states tuff $hit, I should have bought insurance. I state that he did not offer insurance. It was not an option. I filed a paypal claim. Can I just call my credit card company and tell them to reverse the payment and not mess with Paypal?

What are my options?

Thanks,

Glen

GarkoCollector
02-26-2009, 07:37 PM
file with paypal and your credit card company. Chances are you will go 1 for 2 and end up with a refund.

grenda12
02-26-2009, 07:50 PM
I received a broken item that I purchased on ebay. Not a game used iem. It arrived broken. Seller states tuff $hit, I should have bought insurance. I state that he did not offer insurance. It was not an option. I filed a paypal claim. Can I just call my credit card company and tell them to reverse the payment and not mess with Paypal?

What are my options?

Thanks,

Glen

Be careful cause that same thing happened to me and I just called the credit card company, they refunded me my money from PayPal but then PayPal ended up siding with the seller, then I owed PayPal the money. Go through PayPal first. State your problem and provide documentation to back you up. Hope it goes in your favor.

thomecollector
02-26-2009, 07:50 PM

What are my options?

Thanks,

Glen
I think all purchases through Paypal is covered under the buyer protection program. So, You will get your funds back. Do you still have the Negro League Uniform ? I have a pair of socks if you do. Lmk. Roger:D

chicagoglen
02-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Since we have already escalated this thing. Do I have to eat another $20 bucks sending it back to him or just file with my credit card company now? I can't see wasting more cash on this.

thomecollector
02-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Just wait it out. It won't take long .

chicagoglen
02-26-2009, 08:08 PM
I just filed a claim with my card. They said no problem they will dispute and charge him back. I hated giving the guy a negative but they left me no choice. I even offered to split it but he stated no way. Now he will get nothing and a negative. I told my credit card company I might do a claim for 50% to be fair. They stated I could do what I wanted.

chicagoglen
02-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Here is the positive feedback he just left me. It must kill him not to be able to neg. me back.

"he thinks you are responsible for the shipper if it arrives damaged don't sell"

TNTtoys
02-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Since we have already escalated this thing. Do I have to eat another $20 bucks sending it back to him or just file with my credit card company now? I can't see wasting more cash on this.
Glen,

In all of the transactions I have been involved in similar to yours (item arrived broken, wrong item, etc.), I was asked by my credit card company to send the item back and provide them the proof that I did (tracking #). If the seller claims that you kept the item in the end, you likely will not get your refund.

Nick

otismalibu
02-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Here is the positive feedback he just left me. It must kill him not to be able to neg. me back.

"he thinks you are responsible for the shipper if it arrives damaged don't sell"

Insurance is for the seller. So it's tough sh*t for him. You didn't buy a broken item, but that's what you got. Item not as described.

Seller should have insured it. That's what I do unless I'm willing to eat the loss. Pretty much anything over $50 I insure.

trsent
02-27-2009, 03:28 AM
Wait for PayPal to rule for you to send the item back to the seller, then send it back with USPS tracking. I would use US Mail Online Priority Mail which includes a tracking number.

They make take a few weeks to decide the case and even a few weeks for them to notify you to return the item, but you are not responsible for a broken items in the mail.

geoff
02-27-2009, 04:47 PM
I always try to insure everything I buy on EBAY.If the Seller does not offer Insurance I ask for it and most of the time get it.