PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to give a big thumbs down to Historic Auctions....

kylehess10
02-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Historic Auctions is a joke, and I plan never to buy from them again. So many problems with the past 2 auctions.....

First, I purchased a pair of Rafael Furcal homerun gloves (HR 9 of 2003 to be precise). They end up sending me the wrong item, then once I sent them back, they called and said that they don't even have the gloves that I won! :mad:

NOW, tonight, I was winning two auctions. A Derek Jeter game worn wristband and a lot of 10 Shannon Stewart signed 16x20 photos. There is a 15-minute rule, so I bid exactly 15 minutes before the auctions closed. I ended up being the high bidder for both auctions. The clock kept restarting over and over and over again for THREE HOURS! I ended up being outbid HOURS after I should've WON the auctions. I e-mailed James Brown, president of Historic Auctions, and ofcoarse, I didn't get a response.

I suggest to every forum member to NOT deal with Historic Auctions. They are just a plain fraud. BUT, they're supposed to be sending me a pair of Rafael Furcal batting gloves from his first stolen base in 2003 (to replace the other gloves I bought), and they come with a Lou Lampson LOA. I'll be listening to ideas from forum members as to what I should do with it. The last Lampson LOA I had, I lit it on fire, and took pictures of it. I need a new plan this time ;)

Capital-Sports
02-27-2009, 12:58 AM
So your saying you have some toilet paper coming in the mail? :D

kylehess10
02-27-2009, 01:02 AM
So your saying you have some toilet paper coming in the mail? :D

Basically......here's the last LOA I got from him. I put it to good use:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/lampson6.jpg

Capital-Sports
02-27-2009, 01:07 AM
LMAO, Thats awesome!

both-teams-played-hard
02-27-2009, 01:14 AM
Basically......here's the last LOA I got from him. I put it to good use:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/lampson6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/both-teams-played-hard/th_lampsonfire.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v704/both-teams-played-hard/?action=view&current=lampsonfire.flv)

trsent
02-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Historic Auctions is a joke, and I plan never to buy from them again. So many problems with the past 2 auctions.....

First, I purchased a pair of Rafael Furcal homerun gloves (HR 9 of 2003 to be precise). They end up sending me the wrong item, then once I sent them back, they called and said that they don't even have the gloves that I won! :mad:

NOW, tonight, I was winning two auctions. A Derek Jeter game worn wristband and a lot of 10 Shannon Stewart signed 16x20 photos. There is a 15-minute rule, so I bid exactly 15 minutes before the auctions closed. I ended up being the high bidder for both auctions. The clock kept restarting over and over and over again for THREE HOURS! I ended up being outbid HOURS after I should've WON the auctions. I e-mailed James Brown, president of Historic Auctions, and ofcoarse, I didn't get a response.

I suggest to every forum member to NOT deal with Historic Auctions. They are just a plain fraud. BUT, they're supposed to be sending me a pair of Rafael Furcal batting gloves from his first stolen base in 2003 (to replace the other gloves I bought), and they come with a Lou Lampson LOA. I'll be listening to ideas from forum members as to what I should do with it. The last Lampson LOA I had, I lit it on fire, and took pictures of it. I need a new plan this time ;)

Kyle, two things. First, James Brown has a history of not replying to emails. He emailed me wanting to buy some stuff of eBay a few months ago, I replied to him three times and he never had the courtesy to reply. Glad I stuck him with the check when I had dinner with him a few years ago.

Second, I do not bid in many auctions (as I sit here waiting for MEARS to end tonight) but I think the 15 minute rule works for most auction houses this way:

If any bid is placed on any lot in the auction, the whole auction is reset with a new 15 minute clock. This is very common. Your two lots do not need to receive any bids during the first 15 minutes - The auction continues to reset with a new 15 minute clock whenever any bid is placed on any lot in the auction.

I am watching the MEARS auction right now, and I am high bidder on two lots with no bids for over five hours I believe now and I understand that new bids can come in before the final auction ends as this is just how it works most auction houses.

This does not give James Brown the right to ignore a customer's emails. Customer service should be any auction houses' priority - No matter what the situation.

TriplexXxSports
02-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Kyle, two things. First, James Brown has a history of not replying to emails. He emailed me wanting to buy some stuff of eBay a few months ago, I replied to him three times and he never had the courtesy to reply. Glad I stuck him with the check when I had dinner with him a few years ago.

Second, I do not bid in many auctions (as I sit here waiting for MEARS to end tonight) but I think the 15 minute rule works for most auction houses this way:

If any bid is placed on any lot in the auction, the whole auction is reset with a new 15 minute clock. This is very common. Your two lots do not need to receive any bids during the first 15 minutes - The auction continues to reset with a new 15 minute clock whenever any bid is placed on any lot in the auction.

I am watching the MEARS auction right now, and I am high bidder on two lots with no bids for over five hours I believe now and I understand that new bids can come in before the final auction ends as this is just how it works most auction houses.

This does not give James Brown the right to ignore a customer's emails. Customer service should be any auction houses' priority - No matter what the situation.

With all due respect, I think the 15 min. rule applies to anyone who has a bid placed on a lot prior to the close of the auction. The auction will close at the specified time to the general public, but those who have bid on a lot get an additional 15 min to confirm another bid. If no one bids, the auction is final. If someone does bid, they give the others bidders another 15 min, and another, and so on until the 15 min. run out with no new bids. I believe that Hunt Auctions work this was. It can be frustrating, and a bit confusing, but I think it's a good measure. Not like eBay where you get "sniped" in the final seconds of an auction that you've been bidding on since day one. These other auction sites give you a fair chance, plus if it keeps going the more money the seller & house make.

Nice job with the Lampson paper. I don't think I would give that paper the luxury of see my high priced behind! That is just outright hilarious!

TriplexXxSports is always looking for Chicago Bears Game Used

joelsabi
02-27-2009, 09:30 AM
With all due respect, I think the 15 min. rule applies to anyone who has a bid placed on a lot prior to the close of the auction. The auction will close at the specified time to the general public, but those who have bid on a lot get an additional 15 min to confirm another bid. If no one bids, the auction is final. If someone does bid, they give the others bidders another 15 min, and another, and so on until the 15 min. run out with no new bids. I believe that Hunt Auctions work this was. It can be frustrating, and a bit confusing, but I think it's a good measure. Not like eBay where you get "sniped" in the final seconds of an auction that you've been bidding on since day one. These other auction sites give you a fair chance, plus if it keeps going the more money the seller & house make.

Nice job with the Lampson paper. I don't think I would give that paper the luxury of see my high priced behind! That is just outright hilarious!

TriplexXxSports is always looking for Chicago Bears Game Used

i believe you are right that you have to have bidded on the item to qualify to bid in the extended time period. for example, on an item i wanted on lelend i put in a bid as early as possible just to qualify for the extended period. i think the later you bid the more likely the item has a higher ceiling since you will add another bid before the extended period begins. i did this last for a leland auction.

bondsfan
02-27-2009, 09:40 AM
the 15-minute rule varies by auction house. Most auction houses just require you place a bid on any item -- not that specific item -- to be eligible to bid on ANY item during the overtime period.

suave1477
02-27-2009, 09:57 AM
I think Grey Flannel used to be where you had to bid on that specicific item to reset the clock and if there was no bid within 30 minutes or something that particular lot auction ended.
Which for Auctions houses I think was the best way to go.

This way I don't have to sit there all night for and hours to see if someone at the last minute decides to go crazy at 1am in the morning to start out bdding me.

Which as has happend before.

I was bidding on a game used 1961 Yankees Jersey I have the winning bid from about 10pm for hours, and at 3am someone outbid me!!!

I wish auction houses were more set up like ebay where its whoever gets it, gets it, and thats it.

Example - When the auction says it's ending at 8pm, it no matter what ends at 8pm.

To the member here who mentioned bidding on an tem days before to only be sniped in the last second. Well then my questions is to you. Why bid days before???
If it is your only choice because maybe near the end of the auction you may not be near a computer, then you should put in your hgihest bid your willing to go!!

ndevlin
02-27-2009, 10:11 AM

Ok good, I wasnt the only one. I too was waiting and waiting for my auctions to end. And everytime I refreshed the pages, they would say 6 minutes left......12 minutes left......8 minutes left.

I thought the entended period only counted for those that originally bid on the item prior, and only counted for that particular auction. I didnt realize if someone bid on any item in the whole auction it would restart all items. Thats kinda messed up really.

GarkoCollector
02-27-2009, 10:18 AM
With Hunt auctions, they set an end date. Then they extend the auction based on the number of bids they get, a certain period of time per bid. I dont know if only those people that bid prior can bid again or how that works, but they do extend it beyond the end time.

trsent
02-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Ok good, I wasnt the only one. I too was waiting and waiting for my auctions to end. And everytime I refreshed the pages, they would say 6 minutes left......12 minutes left......8 minutes left.

I thought the entended period only counted for those that originally bid on the item prior, and only counted for that particular auction. I didnt realize if someone bid on any item in the whole auction it would restart all items. Thats kinda messed up really.

It is messed up, but they think it is fair to keep the whole damn show going in many auction houses. Besides, we all know there are some concerns about what is going on behind the scenes.