PDA

View Full Version : OT - Manny is an IDIOT... and so is Bore @$$

xpress34
02-27-2009, 03:02 AM
http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20090227/Dodgers-Ramirez/

So now Manny and Bore @$$ have spurned the Dodgers for a third time???

How many times will the Dodgers go back to that table??? Let Bore@$$ pull out his so called other offers... put your cards on the table Scot - you got nothing but a bluff...

Maybe you and Manny can get some golfing in this summer while he not's working and your not busy getting your other big client @$$Rod to follow MLB's orders and stay away from his cousin...

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20090226/Yankees-Rodriguez/

What a bunch of idiots.

metsbats
02-27-2009, 06:31 AM
I think the Dodgers should go to plan B. I agree with McCourt that given the current economic climate they've improved their offer out of respect
for Manny and his talents. However Manny has shown 0% respect for the
Dodgers by rejecting 4 offers and he never even gave the Dodgers a courtesy of a response regarding arbitration.

But I'm sure they end up signing him because it seems McCourt is depending on Manny to help fill the seats in Dodger stadium and unfortunately Manny and his agent know that.

Vintagedeputy
02-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Manny an idiot?

Who woulda thunk it?

eisenreich8
02-27-2009, 09:24 AM
The creeping crud has oozed from one league to the other, from one coast to the other, and some of you Manny defenders couldn't be convinced that he wore out his welcome in Boston for all the right reasons.

Let him join Pedro under the mango tree one day soon.

GarkoCollector
02-27-2009, 10:21 AM
I hope Coletti pulls the 45mil offer and Boras sees that the market for manny isnt what he thinks it is. I dont see any other team going more than 20 mil/2 yrs and 10 mil upfront. LA will do 45 mil/2 yrs and 15 mil upfront. Manny acts like the economic situation has hit him hard. He might have to downgrade from 26 inch rims to 22 inch ones and only wear 10k in jewelry at a time insitead of 40k.

Rob L
02-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Since I am very anti-Dodgers, I think this is hilarious. It's just Manny being Manny. But that being said, it seems clear that the Dodgers would be stupid to increase their offer. I'm sure he feels the Dodgers are disrespecting him and this could easily turn into another Red Sox fiasco if they offer more than a year.

suicide_squeeze
02-27-2009, 11:07 AM
I think the Dodgers should go to plan B. I agree with McCourt that given the current economic climate they've improved their offer out of respect
for Manny and his talents. However Manny has shown 0% respect for the
Dodgers by rejecting 4 offers and he never even gave the Dodgers a courtesy of a response regarding arbitration.

But I'm sure they end up signing him because it seems McCourt is depending on Manny to help fill the seats in Dodger stadium and unfortunately Manny and his agent know that.

Absolutely correct.

Look, Manny is great. He's GREAT.

I can't think of any one player who can take a team on his shoulders and carry them to the championship like Manny Ramirez.

Yes, the economy is f'ed up.......badly. But what has been the historic response of people during bad times? They go to a baseball game to escape it all.

And if the team is good, and they're WINNING? It all the more helps to get through the pain, and give some folks a diversion.

Manny will make the Dodgers all the money, plus.......they need to just suck it up, offer him $23-24 Mil a year for three years and be done with this charade.

flaco1801
02-27-2009, 11:12 AM
i wouldnt have him on my team for free.... spreading his garbage to 24 others is not wise...

nationals2k9
02-27-2009, 11:22 AM
The dude is good enough where he can do whatever he wants til April and show up and be the most feared hitter in the game in my opinion. Although it seems disrespectful to most, he's really not harming anyone including himself. I also read Boras didn't reject the offer outright but re-worked the payment structure some. He could still sign 2 for $45M under different terms.

suicide_squeeze
02-27-2009, 11:28 AM
i wouldnt have him on my team for free.... spreading his garbage to 24 others is not wise...

I am sorry, I think your comment is weak.

What kind of "garbage" did he spread to the Dodgers the three months he was there last year?

They got to within three wins of the WORLD SERIES.

And YES.....with the help of one timely grand slam by James Loney against the Cubs......it was Manny's leadership, FAR AND AWAY, that got them there.

Manny gave them a huge lift.....he made the young team believers. He showed them what it was like to back it up, he gave them the gift of feeling what it was like to be a winner.

And for you people that say "He turned it on just because it was a contract he was playing for"......I laugh in your faces.

This is PRO BALL people.....you can't just "turn it on" when you want to. You have to be GREAT to do what Manny did, and has done his whole career.

I say sign him, Dodgers.....make him happy. He has proven his worth, he has won in his career, you need him, you need his blazing bat, and he will more than pay for himself. Stop f'ing around with it and get the deal DONE. He is going to go down in the history books as one of the greatest right hand power hitters in the history of the game........enjoy the ride.

nationals2k9
02-27-2009, 11:33 AM
I am sorry, I think your comment is weak.

What kind of "garbage" did he spread to the Dodgers the three months he was there last year?

They got to within three wins of the WORLD SERIES.

And YES.....with the help of one timely grand slam by James Loney against the Cubs......it was Manny's leadership, FAR AND AWAY, that got them there.

Manny gave them a huge lift.....he made the young team believers. He showed them what it was like to back it up, he gave them the gift of feeling what it was like to be a winner.

And for you people that say "He turned it on just because it was a contract he was playing for"......I laugh in your faces.

This is PRO BALL people.....you can't just "turn it on" when you want to. You have to be GREAT to do what Manny did, and has done his whole career.

I say sign him, Dodgers.....make him happy. He has proven his worth, he has won in his career, you need him, you need his blazing bat, and he will more than pay for himself. Stop f'ing around with it and get the deal DONE. He is going to go down in the history books as one of the greatest right hand power hitters in the history of the game........enjoy the ride.

AMEN

...and I never liked the guy til I saw how much he studies the game.