PDA

View Full Version : Yankee stub - 20's/30's - what year?

martindl
04-19-2006, 04:32 PM
713I'm hoping someone can help date this stub please or point me in a direction where i can figure it out. It was in a bunch of 20's/30's papers so am assuming its that era, but a specific year would be helpful if someone knows. Thanks for the help
Martin

vintagesportscollector
04-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Stubs like these are almost impossible to identify the exact year. I once thought the letter (in this case "E") under the game number meant someting but I have not been able to verify that. This looks just like several Yankees stubs I have from the late 30's and early 1940s. Mine have Barrows pres. facs signature on the bottom which is cut off on your stub. Mine are also grandstand seats for $1.10, so bleachers for .50c sounds right. I would guess late 30s.

slidekellyslide
04-19-2006, 08:41 PM
I have Yankees stubs from 1939 that look nearly identical to this one. I know the exact date of mine because they came glued to a scrapbook page with the scorecard/program and newspaper articles. I'll have to check mine when I get home to see if it's an exact match, but going by memory it looks like it.

martindl
04-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Thank you both for your help.
Martin