PDA

View Full Version : The Mets new Stadium

ham1963
02-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Do you feel that a company that is receiving tax-payer bail out money from the Federal Government should still have thier company name on a stadium??? For example Citi-Field the home of the NY Mets??? Why do I see a problem with this???
Ham1963

metsbats
02-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Now that Government has 36% ownership...

Metsfan808
02-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Do you feel that a company that is receiving tax-payer bail out money from the Federal Government should still have thier company name on a stadium??? For example Citi-Field the home of the NY Mets??? Why do I see a problem with this???
Ham1963

I hear people making this argument every day but the bottom line is that they signed a contract with the Mets in 2006 before they had financial problems and needed a bail out. It is a legal and binding contract that they have to fulfill, it is part of their debt. Unless they fold completely and file for bankruptcy I don't see why they should be free of their obligation to fulfil the contract. It is not like they made a deal after they got the bail out money.

ham1963
02-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Metsfan,
I agree with you but I still have a problem with this. All well I guess that I will just sit back and enjoy it.
John
ham1963