Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Mannequins

Wondering here if anybody has used Robert Ham for mannequin torsos yet?? I'm going to call and get a price on Monday (only weekdays they have customer service). They are very attractive, and not bad price-wise. Problem may be shipping that could make it astronomical.

One intriguing thing here people do not think about is chest size and whether the jersey you are to display is a pull over or button-up. This was not an issue on the tfig mannequins because the chest size was smaller and accomodated pretty much anything. Some of the nice cloth mannequins being sold on ebay can be had for $50-60 shipped, but try an put a pull over on a 42"+ chest, especially when the jersey you are squeezing over it is $1500+. Surprisingly as big as Dave Kingman was, he was a slender guy and never wore above a 48 and mostly a 46 during his career. Several teams he was with employed pullovers as jerseys... Something to think about.

Just wondered if anyone used the Robert Ham's?

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com
  • cjw
    • Oct 2006

Re: Mannequins

Not sure what Hams may sell, but wanted to post images about a very inexpensive option to hang your jerseys. I bought a wall hanging display form here in Vancouver from a retail supply store, that is molded, light weight plastic (hollow backed) and used it to hang my jersey. I had it placed it inside a frame, but you could just hang the form as is on the wall. They came in white, clear and black.

Best part - it cost $7.45 (Canadian..that is like $6 US)! Not sure if the company will ship, but if you wanted to ask...here's their web site :

Just saw on line that they have that sits on a counter top. that would be great fro table/shelf displays. Its only $12.
    Attached Files
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
      • Aug 2007

i just ordered three on ebay for about 50 a piece. nice wooden bases with white mannequins. stand about 5' off the ground
      Baseball do what it do
      -Ron Washington

Comment

• skyking26
        • Dec 2005

Can you provide a link so I can see what you bought?
        ROBERT KOPPEL
        Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Comment

• allstarsplus
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by skyking26
          Can you provide a link so I can see what you bought?
          Amazing how life-like some of these Mannequins are. I was at the Ed Hardy grand opening last night in Georgetown and had to photograph this mannequin.

Somebody ought to become a MLB licensee and start making these to look like players. Only have to make the face look right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3242.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	649937
          Regards,
          Andrew Lang
          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
          202-716-8500

Comment

• skyking26
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by allstarsplus
            Amazing how life-like some of these Mannequins are. I was at the Ed Hardy grand opening last night in Georgetown and had to photograph this mannequin.

Somebody ought to become a MLB licensee and start making these to look like players. Only have to make the face look right.

[ATTACH]22005[/ATTACH]
            I agree. Somebody could make a fortune. I just found a couple of ebay sellers that have what appears to be the wood base mannequins I've been looking for. They will look great adorning my Kingman's, Thome's, Dunn's (Andrew), and McGwire's (Rob).

Subliminal message. Read over and over.
            ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
              i just ordered three on ebay for about 50 a piece. nice wooden bases with white mannequins. stand about 5' off the ground
              For what. Fnazxc?

Target practice?

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                • Aug 2007

i bought from this guy.
                Get the best deals for New Male Mannequin Manekin Dress Slacks Form W\Stand Wb at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

you know squeez i listened to you and started feeling bad for killing things.
                Baseball do what it do
                -Ron Washington

Comment

• mbenga28
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
                  i bought from this guy.
                  Get the best deals for New Male Mannequin Manekin Dress Slacks Form W\Stand Wb at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

you know squeez i listened to you and started feeling bad for killing things.

those look nice but wish it didn't have that knob sticking out on the top

Comment

• skyking26
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by mbenga28
                    those look nice but wish it didn't have that knob sticking out on the top
                    Hang a game used hat on it...
                    ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                      • Aug 2007

that nob comes off and is flush. i like them a lot
                      Baseball do what it do
                      -Ron Washington

Comment

• mbenga28
                        • Nov 2008

those look good, on the auction it says they can be adjusted up to 5'8" do you know what is the minimum height it goes to? thanks!

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                          • Aug 2007

theres about a two foot rod that screws from the mannequin to the wooden base. i imagine it can be removed and screw mann to the wooden base directly. these guys ship well. only problem i have is their boxes get mangled. its not their fault but they get pretty beat up. they will work with you on shipping. i thinkg they charged me 35 for the first four shipping wise.
                          Baseball do what it do
                          -Ron Washington

Comment

• skyking26
                            • Dec 2005

I had been looking at some from Robert Ham with wood base. Price was $64 and $27 shipping, and they would ship to...so it could be $64x2+27=$155 for 2 mannequins.

I found what appeared to be the exact same mannequins yesterday on ebay for $25 instead of $64, but shipping was $40 and they will NOT shop 2 like Robert Ham will. I bought the 2, and even though they ship in 2 boxes you saved about $30, but it was a hassle. Every question I had from Sunday got answered AFTER I already made the purchase. Might just as well buy the Robert Ham the next time.

RK
                            ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

Working...