PDA

View Full Version : Cody Ransom Final Put-Out in Yankee Stadium Game Used Pants

gnishiyama
03-01-2009, 10:03 PM
I have on Ebay right now, a pair of game used pants that Cody Ransom of the Yankees wore while making the final put out in Yankee Stadium history on September 21, 2008. The pants come from Steiner Sports and also has an MLB hologram on it which can confirm that the pants were worn by Ransom on September 21, 2008. He only played the 9th inning so that eliminates the possibility of him wearing more than one pair.

Being a die-hard lifelong Yankees fan, there's obvious sentimental value for me but not enough to keep the pants as I don't collect game used pants. More so, I don't think these pants would have much appeal to anyone besides Yankees fan but I would like to hear what other collectors think about these pants. I have received several requests to buy now, even one person suggesting I should consider donating it to Cooperstown. For the record, I have no intentions of ending the auction early.

Obviously I would welcome the added exposure from this forum but my real intent for the post is that I SINCERELY would like to hear honest opinions on this particular item. Does it appeal to anyone outside of Yankees fans? Being a die-hard Yankees fan am I foolish for letting this item go? Regardless as I mentioned I am letting this go to the highest bidder.

I am not going to post the link as per forum rules.

Thanks
Goh Nishiyama

kylehess10
03-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Well as you already know since I was one of those who wanted to buy now, I'm VERY interested in it, and I do plan on bidding on these pants as high as I can possibly go. I wanted to get something from the final Shea Stadium and Yankee Stadium games, and I've already gotten Carlos Delgado's pants from the final Shea game, so now comes Yankee Stadium. I absolutely LOVE cheap items with significance to it. How much do you think Mariano Rivera's pants would be from the final out? How bout Jeter's? Maybe thousands....but Cody Ransom.....well; he may not be worth thousands, but this piece is definitely worth it to me to spend hundreds on; and I'm willing to spend that much to be able to have something like these in my collection.

gnishiyama
03-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Kyle,
Thanks for your reply.
I just sent you an email so please check it when you have
a chance. I don't know you personally but I like the way you collect
and what you bring to the hobby; if you win the Ransom pants hopefully
it won't be for that much money.
Thanks
Goh Nishiyama

suave1477
03-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Well I belive to a Yankee fan they may have some significane obviously a bit more then your average pair of pants, but I think most would want a Jersey, bat, or something else. But it is still a pretty cool item to have.

As far as Cooperstown I am not sure they would have much interest or even the room to display the pants. They have already collected quite a few items I believe from that game.

They have

Mariano Riveras Jersey from the last game
Jose Molinas Cleats from last game
Johnny Damons (Xavier Nadel model) Game Used bat from the last game
Derek Jeter Game Used bat from the final series
Jeters cleats from when he broke Gehrigs record

kylehess10
03-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Well I belive to a Yankee fan they may have some significane obviously a bit more then your average pair of pants, but I think most would want a Jersey, bat, or something else. But it is still a pretty cool item to have.

As far as Cooperstown I am not sure they would have much interest or even the room to display the pants. They have already collected quite a few items I believe from that game.

They have

Mariano Riveras Jersey from the last game
Jose Molinas Cleats from last game
Johnny Damons (Xavier Nadel model) Game Used bat from the last game
Derek Jeter Game Used bat from the final series
Jeters cleats from when he broke Gehrigs record

Who has the ball?? I've never heard anything yet about where the final ball is

yanks12025
03-02-2009, 06:21 AM
The yankees have the final ball, it will be on display in the new stadium. And don't worry gnishiyama, i know its going to be a bidding war just between me and Kyle.

yanks12025
03-02-2009, 06:39 AM
suave1477,

Yeah collectors would rather take a bat or the jersey but for most of us its a lot cheaper then the prices they ask for the last game jersey's. $1,999 for Marte's and he just sat on the bench.

kylehess10
03-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Mr. Nishiyama,

I'd like to bring up with you and other members of this forum some detailed proof I have found to show that these pants you are selling are NOT the actual pair worn by Cody Ransom while making the final put-out in Yankee Stadium. I know you deal with Steiner, so a mistake like this wouldn't be your fault, but I've found rock-solid evidence to prove that these are not the right pants, and that the MLB hologram is wrong.

Before I planned on bidding, I first wanted to photomatch the pinstripes. After an extensive search, I've found several good shots of Ransom right after making the final out. There were 2 specifically that can be compared to the pants you are selling which can prove that the pinstripes line up differently.

In this first picture, you can tell that where the pinstripes meet up on the back do not match. The two pinstripes from each side line-up to meet eachother on the pants you have, while game photos show that a few pinstripes don't meet up to any other ones on the pants he's wearing.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/Cransom1.jpg

In this second picture, the difference in these pinstripes are on the side, and you can tell that where the pinstripes meet up, they are more spread apart when compared to game photos.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/Cransom2.jpg

I'm not sure how MLB AND Steiner could mess this up; but when it comes to something as significant as this, the final out at Yankee Stadium; well....Steiner just needs to clarify what went wrong here. I'd love to hear a response from them after the showing of this evidence.

gnishiyama
03-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey Kyle,
Great work! Although I'm not happy about it you saved me from A LOT of trouble in the future. To my defense, not only did the pants come with a Steiner LOA but also a MLB hologram which confirmed the use on that date.
The rest I assumed since Cody only played one inning as a defensive replacement. I'm not going to follow up any further with Steiner on this. I have ended the auction. Maybe it was my fault that I assumed it was used in the last out. Perhaps Cody wore one pair of pants, and when his name got called in the 9th inning, he got all excited and had to change into another!? :)

If anyone is interested in purchasing a Cody Ransom 2008 Game Used Home pants with MLB hologram LH167369 attributed to the last game at Yankees Stadium with a Steiner LOA stating #29 game used 2008 Game Used pants
shoot me an email.

I would sell it for $75 shipped. ($30 of which is going to ebay for the featured listing I used.)

Goh Nishiyama
gnishiyama@gmail.com

yanks12025
03-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Ain't it weird that steiner did not say final game on the paper work. On my steiner letter for my final game BP pants they say it not just game worn pants. Here is the listing for Marte's final game pants and the letter says the date.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Damaso-Marte-Last-Game-Yankee-Stadium-Game-Worn-Pants_W0QQitemZ390032393215QQihZ026QQcategoryZ6059 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

gnishiyama
03-03-2009, 02:13 PM
yeah I don't know what to say but its obvious that my Cody pants and your pants were authenticated by MLB on the same session since the numbers aren't far apart. As for the writing on the letter, Steiner has been very inconsistent in the past.
If anyones still interested the pants are still available
Thanks
Goh
gnishiyama@gmail.com

joelsabi
03-03-2009, 03:06 PM
goh,

i see another ransom pants attributed to the last game. LH167415

could easily switch panted during the ceremonies. there is a bernie williams pants in the mlb database too.

yanks12025
03-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm wondering if they messed up and it's supposed to be his BP pants.

yanks12025
03-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Oh sorry,
The numbers joelsabi gave are for his BP pants.

Hologram number LH167415 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under BATTING PRACTICE PANTS.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: ORIOLES @ YANKEES - FINAL GAME AT YANKEE STADIUM
Session Date: September 21, 2008
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: #29 CODY RANSOM

joelsabi
03-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh sorry,

Hologram number LH167415 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under BATTING PRACTICE PANTS.

Autographer:

I COPY AND PASTE WHAT I SEE THERE:

Hologram number LH167369 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED PANTS.
Autographer:

joelsabi
03-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Oh sorry,

ok i see what you are saying one is bp and other is not.

pants go from LH167369 to LH167420 on that day.

gnishiyama
03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Now I'm confused but it is what it is. I guess mine is not the BP pants. Maybe he did a switcharoo and he wore the final put-out pants under his street clothes :) before the Yanks can snatch them up. If I were Cody
I would do everything to keep them.

Pants are still available. $75 shipped or OBO

Goh Nishiyama
gnishiyama@gmail.com

joelsabi
03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
i did find two game used pants for mariano rivera for that day.

LH167373 and LH167402

Now I'm confused but it is what it is. I guess mine is not the BP pants. Maybe he did a switcharoo and he wore the final put-out pants under his street clothes :) before the Yanks can snatch them up. If I were Cody
I would do everything to keep them.

Pants are still available. $75 shipped or OBO

Goh Nishiyama
gnishiyama@gmail.com

allstarsplus
03-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Here are the final game Yankees used pants I got:

Mitch Seone #89
Mike Harkey #57
Chris Britton #38
Sidney Ponson #47
Phil Coke #48

Skillz
03-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Do you have pictures of the Steiner LOA and MLB.com screenshot?