PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Lang...PURE CLASS

Larry Pelliccioni
03-02-2009, 08:51 AM
I have just returned from the Virginia EXPO where I met for the first time my new hero Andrew Lang and his son Jakob.
I don't have enough superlatives in my vocabulary to adequately describe the class act that Andrew is.
Thank you for making the trade that netted me the two remaining pieces of my Nook Logan puzzle and hope that you enjoy your Lang as much.
You continue to be one of the best in this hobby.
I hope Jakob is no longer keeping his candy inside his ear! (Inside Joke)
Larry Pelliccioni

allstarsplus
03-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Larry - You are the amazing one getting me my Robert Lang Red Wings birthday present!!!

It is amazing!!!! My son Jakob is still talking about you. What I didn't tell you is how much he loves office supplies especially since he is in charge of packing and shipping for our sports memorabilia and sports art companies ;) . So when you made that nametag and wristband for him, he was in his element. He is still wearing the green wristband with his name on it!!!

YOU MY FRIEND, ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Reynolds started this great thread so you can see the pics___
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=23611

skyking26
03-02-2009, 01:13 PM
I just started corresponding with Andrew, and thru a few emails realize we share similar passions and have a few family things in common as well. Now that Dunn is a Nat; I look forward to alot of communication!!!

Bob

JasonHalliburton
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I have to totally agree with Larry Pelliccioni about Andrew. He is an absolute first class person. He is true to his friends and goes miles and miles out of his way to help and make you happy. I have never met anyone as genuine as he is. I am thankful and lucky to have him as a friend of mine. Andrew, I believe I can speak for many people on this forum when I say thank you sir for ALL you do for your friends. The world needs a lot more people like you!!

treasurechest collectibles
03-03-2009, 11:37 PM
I am happy to report the same.... Andrew is a class act. There were many instances where I purchased memorabilia and could have gone straight to the source but chose to always go through Andrew as my personal rep (i guess you could say). Thanks brother for all your help.

Pete

Vintagedeputy
03-04-2009, 03:02 AM
who is Andrew Lang?

:)

jdr3
03-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Here, Here. Andrew is Nats collecting personified.

allstarsplus
03-04-2009, 08:34 AM
You guys are great!!! If all goes well, this year will be our year for some really special items.

My plan is to get actual game used HR jerseys w/ MLB Holograms from a few of the players!!!

allstarsplus
03-04-2009, 08:36 AM
who is Andrew Lang?

:)

Jim - Hmmmm, the guy with the alternate Lastings Milledge jersey and TBTC Mets cap w/ holograms... lol

Vintagedeputy
03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Jim - Hmmmm, the guy with the alternate Lastings Milledge jersey and TBTC Mets cap w/ holograms... lol

ohhhh yeaaahhhhh.......:) haha

Vintagedeputy
03-06-2009, 12:25 PM
I probably cannot add any more superlatives onto Andrew's resume, but I will try.

I'm not going to get into details but I cannot say enough what a WONDERFUL man Andrew Lang is. I have never met someone so genuine who does the nicest things for his friends and fellow collectors. I'm not religious, but I believe that there is a special place somewhere for people like Andrew. I only hope that he receives in return all of the wonderful things that he does for others. Andrew my friend, you are a king among men.

Thank you!

allstarsplus
03-06-2009, 02:15 PM
I have never met someone so genuine who does the nicest things for his friends and fellow collectors.

Thank you!

Jim - We are lucky to have each other and your phone call to me today meant so much to me as did your birthday wishes (publicly) on here last week.

Relationships can come and go...friendships can run deep. Hopefully all people on here can get to know one another as people instead of as code names without a picture and story behind the writings.

Instead of stupid devisive threads and posts, maybe people can spend more time trying to help each other fill a void in someone's collection or maybe even a Holy Grail item.

I am not perfect and far from a Saint and you can take away the 1st letter from Saint and become an ain't, but I get more joy in giving then receiving and Larry Pelliccioni who started this thread is one of those giving guys too as so many are.

On the subject of giving, there is also a guy on here who is almost 1/2 my age named Anthony Richardson who happens to be a great person and I am glad we have both taken the time in the last few months to get to know each other better. He knows I collect Nationals items and twice this past year has mailed me some really cool items he came across. These were not items that I asked for, he just mailed them to me. There have been others too numerous to name that I have enjoyed the same types of relationships with.

A great thread was the GUU HOF. There are so many good people on here like Brian Hillerich, Kyle, Rudy, Eric, Chris and others that step up to this Forum with their time and ask for nothing in return. I truly hope one day to find a special item for each one of them to brighten their day so my most immediate idea is for Brian H., Kyle, Rudy, Eric and Chris, you have an open invitation with me that if you can make it to Washington DC, allow me to take you out to the ballgame! My phone # and email address is below so its never too early to start planning.

On a charitable sidenote, I am involved with several charities and next on the calendar is the May 2nd charity auction I am helping with. We need Premium auction items for the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation which is a wonderful charity doing everything from building a Pediatric Diabetes wing onto the Children's Hospital to helping inner-city youth. If anyone has influence within their companies to buy seats, tables, help contribute an experience, Celebrity items, etc. please let me know. The tough economy is really taking its toll so any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.