Manny signs 2 year deal with Dodgers

Per ESPN

Link when I get one
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com
  • chakes89
    • May 2006

Re: Manny signs 2 year deal with Dodgers

Manny Ramirez and the Dodgers finally reached common ground in their negotiations, according to a source close to the talks.
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
      • Dec 2008

Let the SEASON begin!!!!

It's going to be a fun one here in DODGERTOWN!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• allstarsplus
        • Nov 2005

Congrats to you guys. Looking forward to the Dodgers visiting Washington at the end of September!!!!
        Regards,
        Andrew Lang
        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
        202-716-8500

Comment

• xpress34
          • Sep 2008

Manny SIGNS???

Per the article:

"Agent Scott Boras told ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick that while he has been in daily contact with Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti, no agreement has been reached.

"We are in discussions and we have no deal in place,'' Boras said.

Boras would not elaborate further on the status of the talks."

With the way everything has gone with Bore @$$ and ManRam this off season, I wouldn't read too much into this yet...

They still have plenty of time to ask for some other stupid over the top request to kill negotiations yet again...

And from what Boras said, I wouldn't expect this deal to just fall into place.

Just my .02

Comment

• skyking26
            • Dec 2005

and a collective "who cares..."

Fans , etc. were forced to witness the carnival ride of ridiculous negotiations for this over-priced, egotistical a*s. Guys like this you can't help but cheer against. While I have absolutely nothing against a legendary club like LA; their landing a free agent jerk like him leaves me with the desire to hope they do not even make the playoffs this year! His attitude just makes me ill.

Sorry Dodgerfans. You can have him. The rest of MLB will be fine without him.
            ROBERT KOPPEL
            Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
            and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• eisenreich8
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by skyking26

Fans , etc. were forced to witness the carnival ride of ridiculous negotiations for this over-priced, egotistical a*s. Guys like this you can't help but cheer against. While I have absolutely nothing against a legendary club like LA; their landing a free agent jerk like him leaves me with the desire to hope they do not even make the playoffs this year! His attitude just makes me ill.

A-Men

Comment

• skyking26
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by eisenreich8
                A-Men
                Thanks. I'm sure to get some opposing opinions...

BTW, what a class act your guy, Eisenreich is. I've read so many stories about him. Talk about polar opposites Eisenrich/Manny...

RK
                ROBERT KOPPEL
                Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Comment

• nationals2k9
                  • Sep 2008

Jim's 477 career RBI in 15 seasons look nice next to Manny's 1725 in 16 seasons.

Comment

• nationals2k9
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by nationals2k9
                    Jim's 477 career RBI in 15 seasons look nice next to Manny's 1725 in 16 seasons.
                    Point being three years from now the only three guys in MLB history with 2000+ RBI may very well be Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Manny Ramirez. The dude hit .396 with 53 RBI in 53 games last year with L.A.

Can we at least agree to appreciate the spectacle of watching the guy hit a baseball?

I'm by no means bashing an apparant stand-up guy like Jim E but there's no right to even begin to compare!

Comment

• shoremen44
                      • Jul 2007

Point being three years from now the only three guys in MLB history with 2000+ RBI may very well be Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Manny Ramirez. The dude hit .396 with 53 RBI in 53 games last year with L.A.

Can we at least agree to appreciate the spectacle of watching the guy hit a baseball?

I'm by no means bashing an apparant stand-up guy like Jim E but there's no right to even begin to compare!
                      I would have to agree... I persnally can't stand Manny, but during the playoffs last year, I was glued to the TV everytime he was at bat
                      Bert
                      ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

• eisenreich8
                        • Jun 2007

If Eisenreich only played in the majors for half of one season I would still have the same appreciation of him as a human being. Manny could crank out 900 homers and 4000 RBI and I still would leave the room during his at-bats. There is no comparison in stats, but a universe of difference in the things that truly count.

BTW, Eisenreich earned $10 million over his entire 15 year career. He now devotes his time running a foundation for kids with Tourette's, so let's compare what Manny will be doing 10 years after his retirement; that is, something that benefits a cause other than himself.

Manny can't play 9 positions at once, so we'll see what a great boost he will be to LA this season, till the drama starts up again, and it will......

Citizen of Red Sox Nation

Comment

• nationals2k9
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by eisenreich8
                          If Eisenreich only played in the majors for half of one season I would still have the same appreciation of him as a human being. Manny could crank out 900 homers and 4000 RBI and I still would leave the room during his at-bats. There is no comparison in stats, but a universe of difference in the things that truly count.

BTW, Eisenreich earned $10 million over his entire 15 year career. He now devotes his time running a foundation for kids with Tourette's, so let's compare what Manny will be doing 10 years after his retirement; that is, something that benefits a cause other than himself.

Manny can't play 9 positions at once, so we'll see what a great boost he will be to LA this season, till the drama starts up again, and it will......

Citizen of Red Sox Nation
                          Totally understood re your guy Jim and certainly used to the Manny hate, esp recently. I just hope that as many fans as possible can at least enjoy the way he can hit a baseball.

Comment

• FastLane80
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by skyking26

I don't care what the guy does off the field as long as he can help put a 'W' on the board. The Dodger players seem to like him and welcome him back and they actually know him so for most of us to comment on his personality is a little presumptuous.

Boston fans please stop whining. You sound like a jealous ex-girlfriend following a bad break up.

Comment

• skyking26
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by FastLane80
                              I don't care what the guy does off the field as long as he can help put a 'W' on the board. The Dodger players seem to like him and welcome him back and they actually know him so for most of us to comment on his personality is a little presumptuous.

Boston fans please stop whining. You sound like a jealous ex-girlfriend following a bad break up.
                              We'll see if you feel the same when they don't make the playoffs in Oct. I hope they don't, just to prove it's not about one guy... It's a team sport. Manny isn't God.
                              ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

Working...