PDA

View Full Version : New Memberships - More Benefits!

ChrisCavalier
04-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Hello Everyone,

We are thrilled to let you know we have released our new membership programs this morning which we feel are consistent with our goal to provide ever-increasing benefits to the game used collecting community. We have simplified the memberships to a two-tiered structure ('Complimentary Membership' and 'Premium Membership') which we believe provides unsurpassed value to our members.

Most notably, with this upgrade we have moved a number of benefits into our 'Complimentary Membership' package to help disseminate more useful information to the hobby. For example, our Ask The Experts program and our Letters of Authenticity Archive are now available to all registered complimentary members. In addition, we are planning a major initiative in the next few months which we believe will add significant content to the Premium Membership package. You will definitely let you know more about this as soon as we can.

We hope you find the new memberships to be of great value to you. We are extremely excited to make more information available to our 'Complimentary' members and look forward to the discussions that will be generated via the expanded content we are making available to everyone.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Here is a list of the benefits now available under our new membership programs:

Complimentary Membership

The ability to post on the #1 Forum in the game used hobby
The ability to contact members and post photos in our Hobby Network
Access to blogs written by industry experts in our Experts' Corner
Access to Industry News
Access to our Dealer Directory
The ability to keep track of schedules and merchandise in major game used Auctions
Access to our Ask The Experts program where our resident experts will answer any questions you have about the game used hobby
Access to our Ask About Bat Shipping Records program where you can ask our resident bat experts questions relating the Louisville Slugger factory records
Access to our Letters of Authenticity Archives to help you understand the variables considered when items are authenticatedPremium Membership

In addition to the complimentary membership benefits listed above, the premium membership also currently includes:

One FREE game used item authentication for Global Authentication (A $75 Value)
A copy of Vince Malta's upcoming book "A Complete Reference Guide To Louisville Slugger Professional Player Bats" (A $29.95 Value)
Access to our Online Bat Player Charts that show which Louisville Slugger bats were ordered by all of Major League Baseball's Hall-of-Famers
Access to our Online Game Used Bat Price Guide to help you assess the potential current values of game used bats in the secondary marketSincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

porsche544
04-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Thank You!

kswarriors
04-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Chris - can you provide updated information on when Vince Malta's book will be available? That's one of the main reasons I initially subscribed about five months ago and haven't heard anything about when we can expect to receive our copy of the book. Thanks.

ChrisCavalier
04-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Chris - can you provide updated information on when Vince Malta's book will be available? That's one of the main reasons I initially subscribed about five months ago and haven't heard anything about when we can expect to receive our copy of the book. Thanks.
Hello Derrick,

Thank you for the post. While we have provided information to a number of people individually, this is probably a good time to post something here for everyone.

Basically, Vince had encountered some significant delays dealing in the areas of copyrights, intellectual properties, etc. Though these delays obviously took longer than expected, the good news is I believe there has been recent progress along those fronts and Vince is hopeful to have the book ready to go to the publisher soon. At that point, it will be a matter of how long it will take to physically finish the actual publication. While Vince does not have an exact estimated release date as of yet, we will keep you posted as soon as Vince provides us with more visibility in that area.

In the interim, I have spoken to Vince and he has agreed to:

1) Try to use the GUU Experts' Corner to provide updates regarding the book;
2) See about using the GUU Experts' Corner to release some of the book's chapter introductions which aren't constrained by copyright issues, etc; and
3) Provide GUU with more online player charts that we can add to the GUU site.

We sincerely apologize for the delays with the book thus far. However, I know Vince is hopeful the book will make it to the market soon and everyone will benefit from what we believe will be a phenomenal resource.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions in this regard.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

DrJ
04-22-2006, 10:44 PM
I have looked at several profiles but have yet to find one with pictures of their collections, is that access available with the complimentary or can I just post photos of my collection that no one will see? Or am I just not selecting the right members to look at collections - is there an easy way to tell if the members have pictures posted? Thanks so much.

kswarriors
04-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Chris - thanks for the update. Appreciate the quick response. I also wanted to note that while Vince's book was one of the main initial draws to subscribing, I have since found the forum sections in particular very interesting and themselves a darn good reason to subscribe (or to renew). Keep up the great work!

ChrisCavalier
04-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Chris - thanks for the update. Appreciate the quick response. I also wanted to note that while Vince's book was one of the main initial draws to subscribing, I have since found the forum sections in particular very interesting and themselves a darn good reason to subscribe (or to renew). Keep up the great work!
Hello kswarriors,

Thank you very much for the kind words. We are working extremely hard to do all we can for our members and it is really nice to hear words like yours. We will also keep you posted on any new developments regarding Vince's book. Notably, we are hoping to we can provide more information soon.

Thank You!
And to Porsche544,

Thanks for your post as well. At the risk of sounding like Barney the Purple Dinosaur, there really is magic in those two words.

Thanks again to both of you.

Sincerely,
Chris