PDA

View Full Version : Where are the pants?

Vintagedeputy
03-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Why do Steiner, et al, sell jerseys without the pants? I know that eventually they get pants to sell. Why not sell it as a complete uniform and make more money?

allstarsplus
03-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Jim - What a great idea. Surprised they haven't thought of that!!! I really like full uni's.

metsbats
03-05-2009, 11:05 PM
That's a good point Jim.

Though there has got to be more pants than jerseys.

One thing which is killing me is that I can't see to find Carlos Delgado's 2006 86 retro pants. I have the game used jersey and went thru the whole Steiner inventory but could not come up with the pants.

There's someone out there with a 2006 Delgado retro pants without a jersey

Lokee
03-05-2009, 11:10 PM
oh the joys of collecting......:p

Vintagedeputy
03-05-2009, 11:21 PM
I think a full uni on a manaquin would be impressive. I know that you can get belts, cleates, etc. Why cant they just tag the pants and put them in a bag with the jersey when it comes off the player?

MarinersFan34
03-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Not everyone wants the pants though. Some folks just want the jerseys, just like they could care less about the hat or cleats.

I for one, like the pants as it's nice to put together the uniform. That being said, I have lots of jerseys and lots of pants but only a few are paired up to the same player and I think only 2-3 are paired up by the same year/color.

Steiner doesn't have the jersey/pants I want anyways.. but another thing is often pants are recycled down to the minors and/or spring training complexes. I have one pair where it's tougher to find an empty space than a name.

DonFan23
03-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Jim,

Shoot me an email at DonFan23@aol.com if you're looking for something in particular. I have a few pants without matching jerseys. Maybe their mates are with you.

R.J.

godwulf
03-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I've only got a couple of pairs of pants in my collection, and have not gotten around to figuring out how to display them. I did win six complete Team USA uniforms in the last Hunt auction, though, so I guess I'm going to have to work on that. Mannequins would seem to be the logical way to go...but then you've got the problem of either going out and trying to find some appropriate socks and cleats to put on the dummies, or letting them go barefoot, which doesn't seem all that authentic or impressive...:rolleyes:

intheminors
03-06-2009, 02:06 PM
MarinersFan34,

Shoot me an e-mail when you get the chance.

Thanks.

Kyle

Vintagedeputy
03-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Jim,

Shoot me an email at DonFan23@aol.com if you're looking for something in particular. I have a few pants without matching jerseys. Maybe their mates are with you.

R.J.

Will do!

allstarsplus
03-06-2009, 09:57 PM
I have dozens of Yankees pants if anyone has a particular need, but sold out of Jeter, Joba, Cano, Mussina, and Mariano Rivera.