Clear All
  • TriplexXxSports
    • Jan 2009

Thoughts On This Elway Broncos Gamer

Any thoughts?

• Jake51
    • Jan 2006

Re: Thoughts On This Elway Broncos Gamer

The sleeves don't look correct to me. The photos I have seen from 1998 show longer, more open sleeves.

I contacted the seller with the question but didn't get a response.

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
      • Jan 2009

I emailed the seller twice, asking about the tail-tagging, sleeves, and the history of the jersey. No response. Here's what I did find though, and they don't seem to match up.
      Attached Files

Comment

• mvandor
        Banned
        • Apr 2007

Well the seller has been discussed ad nauseum here on many occasions. That alone would cause me pause.

Comment

• TOYOTATruck07
          • Dec 2008

I was also interested in this jersey and contacted the seller about the sleeves. He stated he had purchased the jersey from an auction house a few years back and had a reason for the sleeves but couldn't remember it anymore. Bottom line I never saw elway wear cuffed sleeves. EVER.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
            • Jan 2009

Some poor guy just got shafted for $365! I thought ebay was cracking down on frauds?

1)The sleeves are wrong
            2)Elway wore a 48, not a 46, in '98.
            3)The Nike tail tag is missing
            4)The jersey is about a foot too short.
            5)The 'R' in BRONCOS, on the front of the jersey, should line up with the inside part of the 7.
            6)The 7's are the wrong size.
            7)The font seems odd inside the cowl.
            8)On the back of the jersey, 'ELWAY' should be the same width as the 7.

I mean, we could go on all day with this one.

The problem that I have with all of this is that the seller has a substantial feedback rating, which he probably used to his advantage passing this fake off as a legit gamer. He would not answer anyone's questions, which makes me think he knew it was bogus to begin with. He never offered any type of authentication, paperwork, or even a history of the jersey.

What do you do, ya know. This will continue to happen as long as some poor guy, who doesn't do his homework on what he's buying, continues to bid thinking he's getting a steal. What a shame!

Hopefully the seller will see this post and know he's been had, and quit passing garbage off as gamers.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports

Hopefully the seller will see this post and know he's been had, and quit passing garbage off as gamers.

You really think Broadway Rick is going to get a sudden burst of conscience??? Can I borrow some of your Happy Pills? He's a shyster, always been, always will be.

Ken
              earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Comment

• kingjammy24
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
                You really think Broadway Rick is going to get a sudden burst of conscience??? Can I borrow some of your Happy Pills? He's a shyster, always been, always will be.

Ken
                earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
                my favorite broadway rick ad:

$10-$20k for a babe ruth bat! a whole $12k for a gehrig jersey! note though: "must be game worn". rick's not going to fork over $12k for a gehrig game-issue. i wonder if it has to be from either 1923 or 1939 only. all-original, no alterations. with solid provenance. incl. a letter from gehrig. and photo of him holding the jersey. and a photomatch.

rudy.

Comment

Working...