PDA

View Full Version : Jake Daubert & Jack Fournier game used bats on eBay

ghostkid
04-20-2006, 03:05 PM
I have listed another couple of interesting game used bats on eBay. One is a 1917-22 Jake Daubert side written bat with vault marks, and the other is a Jack Fournier game used bat from 1923-25. Both bats come with a LOA from PSA/DNA (John Taube & Vince Malta). Here's the link, in case you are interested and haven't seen the auctions yet. Both auctions close on Sunday evening.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZghostkidQQhtZ-1

Kevin Kasper

MSpecht
04-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Hi Kevin--

I saw your Daubert listing on Ebay the other day and thought, "Man, I wish I was a 1919 World Series collector." I agree with your thoughts about Daubert's likely use of this bat, and would certainly view this bat as a strong association piece to a player linked to the Black Sox World Series.

Great item...Good Luck in the auction.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

ghostkid
04-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Mike, Thanks for your thoughts. Yeah, it is a real nice bat that the new owner will be proud to have. I can't be sure, but it seems reasonable that the 38-year-old Daubert (1st baseman) took Caveney, a 27-year-old rookie shortstop, under his tutledge when they became teammates in 1922. One can then imagine the professional rapport that developed until Daubert's death in October of 1924.

I'm moving my family to a neighboring town this summer, so it's time to sell some of my collection to help fund the move. Bigger and better houses don't come cheap in today's marketplace.

Keep your eyes out for other hidden gems I may be selling. Right now, I'm considering selling my team-signed Willie Mays 1967 Hillerich/Bradsby game used bat, graded GU7 by the PSA/DNA guys. Let me know if you are interested and I'll get some pictures sent out right away.

Kevin Kasper
kevinkasper@netzero.com