PDA

View Full Version : Adam Dunn Signing

skyking26
03-06-2009, 09:02 PM
For those interested, Jeff Rich will conduct another signing which will host Adam Dunn. He had him as a guest in 2008 which from what I hear was very successful. Dunn has never been a frequent show guy. Prices in my opinion are fine. I sent my bat in last time and it came back great. This time I'll send a helmet and hat.

Go to signingshotline.com and I believe the signing is in May!!

RK:D

skyking26
03-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Dunn's 2-run homer was the difference today in Toronto as the USA beat Canada 6-4.

Dunn hit a bomb. It was ironic that he should have this success in a city where the GM ripped him for lack of work ethic and being one dimensional. Dunn was seen in the dugout in the later innings hiding in his cap because the game got close. People that don't care about an outcome do not do that. He took the place of another player who left...I hope at some point people realize what his capabilities are. For such a bad player - he made 2 great defensive plays in the OF earlier... And to think he took a $3MM paycut over 2 years. Would we see Manny do that???

chakes89
03-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Nice Advertising

skyking26
03-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Nice Advertising
Not sure what you mean.

BaseballGM
03-08-2009, 08:49 AM
We Nats fans are thrilled that he chose to play on our young ballclub. He'll make a huge (and he is a big fella) impact on the entire team. I'm looking forward to the '09 season!

skyking26
03-08-2009, 09:56 AM
We Nats fans are thrilled that he chose to play on our young ballclub. He'll make a huge (and he is a big fella) impact on the entire team. I'm looking forward to the '09 season!
Strange year. Not really a collusion year in a manner of speaking as the Yankees spent like drunken sailors. However, many other clubs were restrictive with how they spent, and the market for OF's was dead. As Dunn put it, it was "Adam Luck," meaning it was just his luck the one year he becomes a free agent with a nice resume the market is supposedly saturated with suitors with his skills...

I'm not sure how AL clubs could not find a spot for 5 consequtive 40 homer seasons. The added flexibility of DH usage was another plus. However, all I ever heard was the knock on his defensive abilities. Hmmm. let's look at yesterday's win at USA vs. Canada. He had 2 defensive gems in the OF. His 2 run homer was the difference in the game. It's no secret that Adam wanted to play on a contender. LA and Chicago Cubs were his choices but they scoffed at his services. Nose was way up in the air. He decided to go with the ONLY club that paid any attention to him: Washington.

2 years. Just enough time for him to put up some hellatious numbers, so enjoy the ride Nats fans. You are the beneficiaries of somebody on a mission. Chances are if the market changes in 2 years he'll be on another club...

Speaking of people on a mission, IROD had one great showcase yesterday with PR in the WBC. Wake up MLB, the guy still has something in the tank. Don't tell me there is no market for at least a backup catcher who is not in it for the $$, but just wants to play...Can we say HOF? These stories happen all the time. Pride is a wonderful thing. Dunn should have a breakout after being jilted by everyone. IROD shuld sign somewhere and do well.

My guy - Kingman, rode the pine in 1983 with the Mets after they acquired Keith Hernandez. The Mets left him for garbage as they had a skilled defensive gold glover now at first who hot over .300. They made up for the power at Strawberry. No takers on Kingman with the big salary. So, they put him on waivers, and the only club to show interest was Oakland...who still did not "give" him a job. He had to earn one in spring training. I personally did not think that 84 spring was stellar, and remember thinking maybe it was over for the big guy. However, they signed him and he turned in .268, 35 HRS and 118 RBI. He was a one man wrecking crew all year...and extended his career 3 years.

Last year Dunn had the Toronto GM publicly say very negative things about Dunn that the Seattle GM had said about Kingman back in 83. Hal Keller (Seattle) said Kingman was a mistake hitter only. Kingman destroyed Seattle every time Oakland went into town. Kingman was on record with every homer as, "there's another mistake." I think Dunner deep down is resentful of the statements made in Toronto last year. He's a better ballplayer than that, and will prove it....................:D

allstarsplus
03-08-2009, 10:01 AM

I agree! Alfonso Soriano was great when he was here but it was just a 1 season cup of coffee. The Nats have Adam Dunn for 2 years and if all goes right---maybe much longer!!!

thomecollector
03-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Strange year. Not really a collusion year in a manner of speaking as the Yankees spent like drunken sailors. However, many other clubs were restrictive with how they spent, and the market for OF's was dead. As Dunn put it, it was "Adam Luck," meaning it was just his luck the one year he becomes a free agent with a nice resume the market is supposedly saturated with suitors with his skills...

I'm not sure how AL clubs could not find a spot for 5 consequtive 40 homer seasons. The added flexibility of DH usage was another plus. However, all I ever heard was the knock on his defensive abilities. Hmmm. let's look at yesterday's win at USA vs. Canada. He had 2 defensive gems in the OF. His 2 run homer was the difference in the game. It's no secret that Adam wanted to play on a contender. LA and Chicago Cubs were his choices but they scoffed at his services. Nose was way up in the air. He decided to go with the ONLY club that paid any attention to him: Washington.

2 years. Just enough time for him to put up some hellatious numbers, so enjoy the ride Nats fans. You are the beneficiaries of somebody on a mission. Chances are if the market changes in 2 years he'll be on another club...

Speaking of people on a mission, IROD had one great showcase yesterday with PR in the WBC. Wake up MLB, the guy still has something in the tank. Don't tell me there is no market for at least a backup catcher who is not in it for the $$, but just wants to play...Can we say HOF? These stories happen all the time. Pride is a wonderful thing. Dunn should have a breakout after being jilted by everyone. IROD shuld sign somewhere and do well.

My guy - Kingman, rode the pine in 1983 with the Mets after they acquired Keith Hernandez. The Mets left him for garbage as they had a skilled defensive gold glover now at first who hot over .300. They made up for the power at Strawberry. No takers on Kingman with the big salary. So, they put him on waivers, and the only club to show interest was Oakland...who still did not "give" him a job. He had to earn one in spring training. I personally did not think that 84 spring was stellar, and remember thinking maybe it was over for the big guy. However, they signed him and he turned in .268, 35 HRS and 118 RBI. He was a one man wrecking crew all year...and extended his career 3 years.

Last year Dunn had the Toronto GM publicly say very negative things about Dunn that the Seattle GM had said about Kingman back in 83. Hal Keller (Seattle) said Kingman was a mistake hitter only. Kingman destroyed Seattle every time Oakland went into town. Kingman was on record with every homer as, "there's another mistake." I think Dunner deep down is resentful of the statements made in Toronto last year. He's a better ballplayer than that, and will prove it....................:D
Wow !!!! You should ask him if you could be his new agent. :D

skyking26
03-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Wow !!!! You should ask him if you could be his new agent. :D
Just telling it like it is. People get caught up in the Hollywood hype of Arod, Manny, etc. I'll never dispute what the numbers are, but I'll take the blue collar Thome's, Dunn's, Kong's any day. Put up the numbers and live in obscurity. I love it.

It's been nice to watch an unmotivated Dunn kick out 40 HR a year. Wonder what the motivated guy will do?

People can continue to chase the Arods and Mannys with the rah rah pennants. Maybe it will keep the spotlight off the people I collect.

thomecollector
03-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Just telling it like it is. People get caught up in the Hollywood hype of Arod, Manny, etc. I'll never dispute what the numbers are, but I'll take the blue collar Thome's, Dunn's, Kong's any day. Put up the numbers and live in obscurity. I love it.

It's been nice to watch an unmotivated Dunn kick out 40 HR a year. Wonder what the motivated guy will do?

People can continue to chase the Arods and Mannys with the rah rah pennants. Maybe it will keep the spotlight off the people I collect.
I think Dunn is gonna be my player from the Nationals. Since I live so close. May even go after the Team USA jersey when it comes up.:D

skyking26
03-08-2009, 08:30 PM
You do that son. You need a new player. Collecting 1 guy is boring and not enough stuff generated. We've always had alot in common.:eek:

thomecollector
03-08-2009, 08:39 PM
You do that son. You need a new player. Collecting 1 guy is boring and not enough stuff generated. We've always had alot in common.:eek:
You may have a point. Other than some Phillies items, a batting helmet there is not alot left. It's not out there. The Sox road put me close to the end of Sox stuff.:eek:

thomecollector
03-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Give me a call sometime.:D

skyking26
03-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Give me a call sometime.:D
Like usual I never quite know how to take you.

skyking26
03-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Another homer for Dunn!

jobathenut
03-09-2009, 01:22 AM
i have been a fan of dunns siice i first saw him play in pittsburgh in 2002 vs the pirates....it was funny ,i was there cause im a big fan of todd walker....and i saw dunn come out of the dugout as i had seats right behind the reds dugout and i said to myself,"look at the big corn feed mule,thats a big boy,who is this guy"......and he hit a ball a ton but flew out and he came back and was swearing at himself,saying," yeah dont hit the f-n ball you dumba**,"and i just loved that,he was so serious about doing good.....and i have loved him since that game and have followed his career and now his is like walkers, and i always thought about walker,he must be trouble in the locker room,cause he always goes team to team,and ive always been told ,you can tell a player who cause trouble as they never stay on a team very long,as todd walker has......i wonder if thats true about dunn also......i just wish my favorite team the yankees would have picked him up as i would take him over mark texiera(or however you spell it) anyday..... as i think dunn is one of the best hitters in the game today and i would love him to play for my team.....

skyking26
03-09-2009, 11:56 AM
i have been a fan of dunns siice i first saw him play in pittsburgh in 2002 vs the pirates....it was funny ,i was there cause im a big fan of todd walker....and i saw dunn come out of the dugout as i had seats right behind the reds dugout and i said to myself,"look at the big corn feed mule,thats a big boy,who is this guy"......and he hit a ball a ton but flew out and he came back and was swearing at himself,saying," yeah dont hit the f-n ball you dumba**,"and i just loved that,he was so serious about doing good.....and i have loved him since that game and have followed his career and now his is like walkers, and i always thought about walker,he must be trouble in the locker room,cause he always goes team to team,and ive always been told ,you can tell a player who cause trouble as they never stay on a team very long,as todd walker has......i wonder if thats true about dunn also......i just wish my favorite team the yankees would have picked him up as i would take him over mark texiera(or however you spell it) anyday..... as i think dunn is one of the best hitters in the game today and i would love him to play for my team.....
Hut - shoot me an email at your convenience please. RK
skyking442@hotmail.com

skyking26
03-11-2009, 05:51 AM
I've had some nice emails from Dunn fans. Keep them coming. Enjoy the chat.

Does anybody know when USA plays again? Rumor is Wed against ? in Miami. Time and is it on ESPN?

Thanks - RK

jobathenut
03-11-2009, 06:14 AM
i just looked in the sports section here of the paper to see that very thing myself....it says they play wednesday vs game 4 winner-that would be eiter canada/italy who played yesterday-tuesday but dont know who won.....the games are still in toronto......i just checked the tv listing for tonight and here on espn or espn there is no game from toronto,it only says from san juan,how sad is that.......oh well,this by the way is the last game in toronto........:)

Vintagedeputy
03-11-2009, 06:51 AM
I think that I'm really warming up to the guy.....

and if the Nats keep spanking the Mets, I'll like Dunn even more!