PDA

View Full Version : Pete Maravich Freshman LSU Yearbook

stkmtimo
03-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a 1967 LSU Gumbo Yearbook in superb condition featuring many pictures of future Hall of Famer freshman Pete Maravich and the rest of the basketball team. This is a very interesting piece but to be honest, I'm not sure what it's worth. Can anybody help me out with this? I know it's a very rare piece of sports history as there are plenty of vintage photos of Pistol Pete as a young college basketball player. It's also interesting to note that his dad, Press, was LSU's basketball coach at the time.

Thanks!

Tim

Kid4hof03
03-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Tim,
Nice piece. As a Maravich collector I have had a few of these through the years. In the pre-ebay days these sold in the $200 range because they were truly difficult to find. Now with ebay you can actually find them fairly regularly. I believe that I sold the last one I had on ebay for a bit under $50. I just checked ebay and there are several on there right now. There is a 1968 that is listed with a buy it now of $69.95 that hasn't gotten any action. There are also a couple priced incredibly high at $600 that I just can't see selling. At one time or another I have had yearbooks from each year Pete was at LSU and also the memorial yearbook after his death. They are great pieces but don't seem to drum up the interest they once did.

Abe

stkmtimo
03-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Tim,
Nice piece. As a Maravich collector I have had a few of these through the years. In the pre-ebay days these sold in the $200 range because they were truly difficult to find. Now with ebay you can actually find them fairly regularly. I believe that I sold the last one I had on ebay for a bit under $50. I just checked ebay and there are several on there right now. There is a 1968 that is listed with a buy it now of $69.95 that hasn't gotten any action. There are also a couple priced incredibly high at $600 that I just can't see selling. At one time or another I have had yearbooks from each year Pete was at LSU and also the memorial yearbook after his death. They are great pieces but don't seem to drum up the interest they once did.

Abe

Thanks for the reply and insight, Abe! It's a very neat piece and interesting to see Maravich when he was a freshman. Do you remember how much your freshman yearbook from 1967 sold for?

Thanks,

Tim