ok fess up! Who STOLE the Jeff Kent rookie bat?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vintagedeputy
    • Oct 2005

ok fess up! Who STOLE the Jeff Kent rookie bat?

for $157 !!!!

• 33bird
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: ok fess up! Who STOLE the Jeff Kent rookie bat?

I bid on it but lost...He did use cooopers his rookie year.
    greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com

Comment

• ndevlin
      • Mar 2008

I have found in the past, as well as his bats this time around, very fishy for some reason. Havent quite put my finger on it yet.

I do know the seller knows very little what he is selling. That I do know.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
        • Oct 2005

I was going to drop a snipe on it but forgot to do it ahead of time. No matter, it went for more than I could afford anyway....but man what a steal.

Comment

• Dewey2007
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
          Okay, it was me but I didn't mean to steal it!
          sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dewey2007
            Okay, it was me but I didn't mean to steal it!
            You got a deal of the century there. If I may ask, what was your top bid?

Comment

• Dewey2007
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
              You got a deal of the century there. If I may ask, what was your top bid?
              Thanks! My top bid was $215 which I honestly didn't think was going to hold up considering this was a rookie bat.

Comment

• Rboitano
                • Nov 2005

The low price is more than likely because its a Cooper and not a LVS or Rawlings. I would much rather have a Rawlings or LVS than a Cooper.

Comment

• Dewey2007
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Rboitano
                  The low price is more than likely because its a Cooper and not a LVS or Rawlings. I would much rather have a Rawlings or LVS than a Cooper.
                  Good point and considering he might have only used Cooper bats for a relatively short time many weren't familiar with him using this brand.

I have a Rawlings and 3 LVS Kent bats so I was happy to get a Cooper since I didn't have one in my collection yet.

Comment

• bigtruck260
                    • Sep 2007

For $157, it doesn't matter - does it? If I was collecting anyone other than Cardinals, Kent would surely be one. He seems to be undervalued considering he will probably go to the HOF someday. Cooper would do just fine...there are a few of us that like the rarer bats.
                    Dave
                    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                    River City Redbird Authentics
                    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• Nnunnari
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2006

I don't understand why people don't enjoy Cooper bats, they were very popular in the early '90's.

What about the Frank Thomas bat that sold for $85 and the Raines rookie that sold for $47 or something?
                      If you don't think the economy's hurting the bat market, you're kidding yourself.

Comment

• Rboitano
                        • Nov 2005

I got a pounded Kent bat from 2007 with Steiner COA and MLB hologram for $175. Kent bats are not really expensive by any means. I am suprised the Cooper went for that much.

Comment

• skyking26
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Nnunnari
                          I don't understand why people don't enjoy Cooper bats, they were very popular in the early '90's.

What about the Frank Thomas bat that sold for $85 and the Raines rookie that sold for $47 or something?
                          If you don't think the economy's hurting the bat market, you're kidding yourself.
                          I must be kidding myself. Any 2009 ebay auction I am involved in has went way over. Barbaro Garbey bats for nearly $400? Nelson Simmons for $300? The list goes on. These were guys that played for the Tigers in the 80's that nobody has heard of outside Detroit.

Nope, I think recession is just a figment of the imagination from what I can see...
                          ROBERT KOPPEL
                          Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                          and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• emann
                            • Nov 2008

I watched the Raines all week but ultimately backed off really cheap on it. I decided I didn't really like the look of it. I've bought too many "game used" bats off ebay that don't show the barrel in photos and when I get them, they're devoid of any use marks. The Raines just looked off to me (in the really poor pictures that were posted), super clean, etc...

I also found it sort of odd that basically EVERY bat that seller listed was "rookie" era. Numbers on the knob, light looking use (from most of the photos- the Kent looked better than the Raines for example).

Not saying they're bad- just saying this is why I for one didn't drive up the bids.

Comment

• Dewey2007
                              • Dec 2007

I got a pounded Kent bat from 2007 with Steiner COA and MLB hologram for $175. Kent bats are not really expensive by any means. I am suprised the Cooper went for that much.
                              Like BigTruck260 mentioned I think Kent's bats are undervalued considering he's going to be in the HOF in 5 years. I think a big reason 2007 Kent bats went at such reasonable prices is there were about 20 of them offered over a one month period on eBay. I think the market got flooded with his Dodgers bats. I got a pounded MLB/Steiner Authenticated '07 Kent for $156 shipped.

Anyhow, I'm glad the Cooper bat didn't go for that much considering it's a rookie bat of a future HOFer I'll take it!!

Comment

Working...