PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Auction on ebay!!! YOUR THOUGHTS???

suave1477
03-07-2009, 08:48 PM
I am not saying this is fake stuff I am just saying I do not agree with it. What are your thoughts?

Please go through all his listings as he has some that I have interest in.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180334833529&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

The Strawberry hat and Tommy John Jersey seem to be a bit off to me.
1) I have seen Straw hats before and never seen an 18 or Straw written in that hand writing
Also the hat looks crisp white - which the seller says it shows use with sweat stains
Also if the hat was used or not just from it being old would have aged the color on the inside of the hat.
Also the marker looks like a fresh/brand new writing

2) Tommy John Jersey - to the best of my knowledge the Jerseys manufactured for the Yankees to actually wear were on the lower front of the Jersey - this one is on the neck line.

I did contact the seller.

Asking him about the items in question - where did they come from? What is the history on them? How is he sure/proof that they are game used? Also explaining to him I am familiar with Strawberrys items that he has written on and that the Tommy John Jersey may be Retail.

This was his responses:

WELL I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE IT COULD BE. AND IT IS IN GOOD SHAPE BUT HAS STAINS IN THE HEADBAND. ALSO THE FLASH MAY HAVE MADE IT LOOK DIFFERANT. IM NOT SURE ABOUT THE HAND WRITING. I ALWAY THOUGHT THE EQ, MANAGERS DID THAT ANYWAY. BUT I DONT KNOW.
I CAN TELL YOU IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY THE HAT LOOKS , JUST DONT BID. IM SORRY THIS IS ALL THE INFO I HAVE . AND HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE THIS IS NOT WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE.
I ASSURE YOU IF I FIND OUT THIS IS NOT A REAL MLB METS HAT THAT HAS BEEN USED BY DARRYL STRAWBERRY , ILL END THE AUCTION. I DO NOT EVER WANT TO MISLEAD ANYBODY. THANKS FOR THE INPUT

jason, dont take this the wrong way , but i dont know you. and really why do you think i should listen to a total stranger. would you listen to me if i emailed you and told you that you were wrong. if you give me solid proof of what your talking about then i will end the auction. i am a honest person, and have always done what is right. but i dont know you or anything about your history of know mr. strawberry.
thanks for the help tho

Now after all that is said I asked him 3 times what is his proof that these are game used/legit items?

He never answered that question!!

WHAT IS EVERYONES THOUGHTS HERE???

Lokee
03-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Sounds like he is being standoffish on answering the question. He did respond back to you so that is really the only positive. I always tell myself If I do not feel comfortable with something my gut is usually right.

Lokee
03-07-2009, 08:52 PM
pn a side note the tommy john is NOT a retail jersey.

Lokee
03-07-2009, 08:54 PM
here is a link to a yankees cap "Straw" is signed under the bill as well.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=9780

suave1477
03-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Lokee thank you!!

The Yankees Straw hat you pointed out im not saying is fake or real but the LOA is from Lou Lampson - so I take that auction with a grain of salt.

Not to mention that Yankees hat shows a lot of wear and discoloration most likely from wear and age.

The Tommy John jersey you say is not a retail, why??

I have several Yankees Jerseys from the 80's all have strip tagging in the neck and the manufacturers label on the bottom front

Lokee
03-08-2009, 12:44 PM
You are correct on the Yankees jersey. My bad. also look at the way the New York is on the front. is it supposed to be that crooked ?

ultimetfan
03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
From the Seller's listings "GOT THIS JERSEY WITH ALOT OF OLD BASEBALL STUFF FROM A PLACE THAT WENT OUT OF BUSINESS A FEW WEEKS AGO."

Where? Did you ask? Sometimes eBay sellers are, let's say "curious" about the source of their wares.

That being said, Something is worth what someone is willing to pay. Let your instinct be your guide. If you think it smells fishy, just don't bid!

Hope you are well!

suicide_squeeze
03-12-2009, 09:44 AM
You're asking for opinions?

O.K., here's mine.

RUN.

This stuff is garbage......dog poop.

REALLY love the "Simpson" jersey with no name on the back. I'm no football expert......but that's a keeper!:eek:

That "Starwberry" hat has no game use. Period. Flash or no flash.